Let’s be completely honest, Shogun would’ve...

Destroyed spider even in his prime. Remember how invincible Dragon looked, but Rua ate him for lunch as if his strikes were invisible and KO’d him like a little boy! I doubt very much that A.Silva would do better, do you agree?

Machida also won a close decision in an excellent fight.

Lol at professional.

Why didn’t he fight Glover?

Wait. He told us why. Glover wasn’t a big enough name, so he fought someone else.

Though, ironically enough, I can’t remember the huge name that shogun fought instead of fighting Glover.

Can a shogun fan help me out?
At the time Glover hadn't fought in the UFC or had one fight, I forget. He fought Brandon Vera instead. Does that name ring a bell?

At the time Glover hadn't fought in the UFC or had one fight, I forget. He fought Brandon Vera instead. Does that name ring a bell?

Yeah it does.

I forgot that shogun refused to fight Glover because he wanted to fight a big name, and then fought Brendan Vera.

War shogun!!

I’m an Anderson fan, but in my mind, there’s no question that 2004 GP Shogun absolutely destroys any version of Silva.

Shogun did accomplish a lot, but it’s still just a fraction of his potential, due to injuries and rust.

For those who question what Shogun was capable of, well, you probably haven’t watched his old fights and seen how relentless and aggressive he was.
The Shogun that KO’d Chuck and Machida was a shadow of the GP champ from Pride.

And it’s absolutely idiotic to bring up some of Shogun’s UFC losses as an example of his weaknesses.

I’m an Anderson fan, but in my mind, there’s no question that 2004 GP Shogun absolutely destroys any version of Silva.

Shogun did accomplish a lot, but it’s still just a fraction of his potential, due to injuries and rust.

For those who question what Shogun was capable of, well, you probably haven’t watched his old fights and seen how relentless and aggressive he was.
The Shogun that KO’d Chuck and Machida was a shadow of the GP champ from Pride.

And it’s absolutely idiotic to bring up some of Shogun’s UFC losses as an example of his weaknesses.

Yeah Sherdoggers!! Leave shogun alone.

And how dare you to rely upon or even mention his losses and try to somehow suggest he has weaknesses because of Said losses.

Ya bunch of pukes!!!

Yeah but I’m his prime, and before he has knee issues, anderson would have pwned bisping
Well are we comparing UFC Shogun to PRIDE Shogun? Seems like some people definitely are acting like Shogun was never good, even though he was ranked #1 at LHW. PRIDE Shogun was a monster.

Well are we comparing UFC Shogun to PRIDE Shogun? Seems like some people definitely are acting like Shogun was never good, even though he was ranked #1 at LHW. PRIDE Shogun was a monster.

Lol. I like the distinction between ufc and the (no rules, free for all, corrupt organization) pride.

Yes, shogun was a killer in that Uber regulated and legitimate organization.

Dunno, would ve been a goat fight

Lol. I like the distinction between ufc and the (no rules, free for all, corrupt organization) pride.

Yes, shogun was a killer in that Uber regulated and legitimate organization.
because the Kmart drug testing pre-usada was so much better.

Look at the HW division pre-USADA. A bunch of ripped HWs The UFC guys were juicing, just like PRIDE fighters.

Silva has too much speed, rhythm , and fluidity. Shogun would crumble.

LMAO no. Anderson would wreck Shogun.

You and every single other person saying Anderson would have wrecked Shogun:

When Shogun was champ he publically challenged Anderson to fight him at 205. What did Anderson do?

He said fuck that I will only fight you at 185. Anderson knew how that fight would go. He was more than happy to fight Bonnar but when a chance at Shogun for the LHW belt came up, he noped the fuck out of there.

Prime Shogun would have bulldozed him.

I think Shogun wins most of the time. Other LHWs that beat Anderson: Gus, JBJ, DC, Rumble,OSP, Jan, Couture, Volkan and the list goes on. Even more if anderson cant juice

No.
Anderson in his prime wrecks every mother fucker on the planet under HW not named Jon Jones.

Silva was something to see in his day. It was a pleasure watching greatness in MMA. I just wish there were better competition for him at 185 in his Prime. He made it look too fucking easy .

No.
Anderson in his prime wrecks every mother fucker on the planet under HW not named Jon Jones.

Silva was something to see in his day. It was a pleasure watching greatness in MMA. I just wish there were better competition for him at 185 in his Prime. He made it look too fucking easy .
He was fun to watch but the Rua who destroyed the dragon will beat him like a big brother because of the style matchup. Watch Shogun vs Machida 2 and look at how good he looked.

I think in the Pride ring with those rules, Shogun at his best would beat Anderson at his best. But the opposite in the cage. Anderson was a master of the cage environment and the 5 minute rounds and Unified rules

All I’ll say is that a Shogun kick could’ve snapped one of those little scrawny bitch legs years ago.

GTFO of here Shogun got exposed by Forest fuckin Griffin

Back