Lester Hayes deserves to be in the HOF.

Buck Swope

Why can't I find a decent corndog?
Banned
Reaction score
For those too young to have watched him play, he was an incredibly instinctive player. In his DPOY season he had 13 ints. His snub from the HOF is all about Al Davis with the "stick 'em" argument sprinkled in.

It took Kenny Stabler dying to get him inducted. That was a travesty and Lester Hayes not being inducted is pure bullshit.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...one-of-them-is-still-kept-out-of-hall-of-fame

Wasteland

Gotta fly a flag.

Lester-Hayes.jpg

I'm biased but yeah you can make a damn good argument for it. 5x Pro Bowl, defensive player of the year. His '80 season was incredible, 13 regular season INTs and 5 more in the playoffs (1 more in the Pro Bowl lol), one of the best seasons ever by a CB. Always clutch in the playoffs. He was a converted college S/LB too. As to the stickum thing, stickum was banned in '81 and Lester made the Pro Bowl in '81, '82, '83, and '84. I think it was more psychological than anything. Definitely one of my all-time favorite Raiders and one of the original shut-down corners.

Wasteland
Oh piss off and go post more about how sad you are that Banchan got shit-canned.

@Buck Swope if faust gives you too much shit just keep in mind this is a guy who got bent out of shape when this chick got bant from Sherdog since he said "I'm 100% positive she's my soulmate." Dork Hall of Fame bruddah, pay him no mind.

Last edited:
if faust gives you too much shit just keep in mind this is a guy who got bent out of shape when this chick got bant from Sherdog since he said "I'm 100% positive she's my soulmate." Dork Hall of Fame bruddah, pay him no mind.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like faust has had his shit pushed in.

Very sad.

Lester Hayes deserves to be in the HOF. I would place him in my top 5 shutdown corners. On top of that he is a fantastic person. OK I'll lay down my top 5 off the dome.....

Deion
Mike Haynes
Mel Blount
Lester Hayes
A. Williams

There are 5 more deserving players like Lott and Woodson but my point is Lester Hayes is in everbody's top 10.

Oh piss off and go post more about how sad you are that Banchan got shit-canned.

@Buck Swope if faust gives you too much shit just keep in mind this is a guy who got bent out of shape when this chick got bant from Sherdog since he said "I'm 100% positive she's my soulmate." Dork Hall of Fame bruddah, pay him no mind.
axUWFU4.gif

pwnt.gif

@faustian

If the Raiders can't even keep their players in Oakland, how will they keep them in the HoF?

Get lost, you half-mongoloid knife biters.

It's a quote from Napoleon Dynamite u herb

I was just a kid when he was in his prime, but yeah, he should be in the HOF. Imagine D Revis with better hands even if they did have stickum on them. I remember that after one of his best seasons the D-Coordinator started playing more zone for some dumb ass reason and that was why he INT numbers went down. Hayes was complaining about it in an interview b/c playing man was his specialty

If the Raiders can't even keep their players in Oakland, how will they keep them in the HoF?

You're a NorCal dude, right? So, Niners fan, pissed about the Vegas move, or just generally angry?

Lived for a few years in Chico/Paradise BTW. Niners fans infested that place like cockroaches. Good weed in those parts though.

It's a quote from Napoleon Dynamite u herb
Well OK. Not 100% sure this is so much a rebuttal as a confirmation of my observation though, so point stands.

not sure, but i think the celtics should at least retire his number
200.gif

You're a NorCal dude, right? So, Niners fan, pissed about the Vegas move, or just generally angry?

Lived for a few years in Chico/Paradise BTW. Niners fans infested that place like cockroaches. Good weed in those parts though.

Well OK. Not 100% sure this is so much a rebuttal as a confirmation of my observation though, so point stands.

200.gif
Winner winner chicken dinner.

I'm considerably conflicted about maintaining that fandom moving forward.

I'm not sure where you are going with that. Re-signing our players, perhaps?

Reggie has locked up our o-line for the next 4 years or so. Carr is locked up.

And how can you "keep" players in the HOF? Misspoke I presume.

I think it pisses off punk ass bandwagon fans when they see how loyal RAIDER NATION is.

There's already an NFL discussion forum, stop making shit threads.

I'm not sure where you are going with that. Re-signing our players, perhaps?

Reggie has locked up our o-line for the next 4 years or so. Carr is locked up.

And how can you "keep" players in the HOF? Misspoke I presume.

I think it pisses off punk ass bandwagon fans when they see how loyal RAIDER NATION is.
Go Jamarcus Russell yourself, buttaneer.

There are many players that belong in the Hall of Fame. The criteria for the number inducted were set when there were fewer teams. Only 18 players per year from a league with 32 teams is just not enough.

There are many players that belong in the Hall of Fame. The criteria for the number inducted were set when there were fewer teams. Only 18 players per year from a league with 32 teams is just not enough.

Fantastic point.

Back