Lesser known sitcoms

Oh man, this sounds awesome. There are like 10000 awesome short lived British sitcoms out there. There is always another one to stumble upon. .....This looks incredible

The main premise gets lost in translation with US audiences a little bit but it's definitely a spot-on satire of stereotypical euro book shop owners who are always pissed off that someone is in their store trying to buy books

The cowriter graham lineham takes his cues from the same school of storyboarding as Harmon of Rick and Morty/Community fame, in my opinion it is hands down Dylan Moran's masterpiece

Almost all the episodes are on youtube as well

Season 1 slays so hard you can actually see the laugh track struggling to keep up

Last edited:
There was a Starz sitcom about out of work actors that work for a catering company called "Party Down" . I have never encountered anyone else who has seen it, but I enjoyed it and you would recognize the majority of the cast.

I loved Party Down. It's a shame it never got much traction.

Very polarising, you'll either love it or fucking adore it.

250px-Darkplace_DVD_front_cover.jpg

People just do nothing. It's working class England encapsulated in little 20 minute segments.

13966721-high_res-people-just-do-nothing-s4.jpg

Chabuddy G pisses concentrated excellence.

@Zer I believe it was you that in one thread recommended a great short lived British sitcom some time ago???

These all sound great. Especially Bottom lol

Bottom is my GOAT comedy show. I grew up on that shit. Even now like 20 years later it'll pop into my head and have me in tears laughing

Duckman
Norm
The Grinder
The Drew Carey Show
Unhappily Ever After
Police Squad
The Detour
Wrecked
Legit
Came to say unhappily and drew carey. I just watched drew carey all the way through, it was a really good sitcom about nothing like that 70s show. Fox had so many good ones in the 90's and early 00's. Hanging with mr cooper and a few others as well.

@Zer I believe it was you that in one thread recommended a great short lived British sitcom some time ago???

British sitcoms are generally pretty short lived, even the successful ones. Here are some that probably aren't well known outside the UK but were brilliant

I'm Alan Partridge
Phoenix Nights
Gimme Gimme Gimme
The Day Today
Brasseye

I've never really been dedicated to sitcoms as an adult. The only one I could remember watching was The League, but only saw the first 2 seasons or so. I think it's pretty good.

British sitcoms are generally pretty short lived, even the successful ones. Here are some that probably aren't well known outside the UK but were brilliant

I'm Alan Partridge
Phoenix Nights
Gimme Gimme Gimme
The Day Today
Brasseye

I thought it was a show from these pair of guys that had a bunch of shows. They might of been part of the young ones crew... And they were causing trouble, breaking stuff..thought it was you that posted it.

I thought it was a show from these pair of guys that had a bunch of shows. They might of been part of the young ones crew... And they were causing trouble, breaking stuff..thought it was you that posted it.

I was probably talking about Bottom, which stars Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (Who were two of the main characters in The Young Ones)

I was probably talking about Bottom, which stars Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (Who were two of the main characters in The Young Ones)

Mm perhaps.i thought the name would ring a bell. thought these two were more of punk rockers. Regardless. The collector in me has to start tracking these down for my collection

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back