Lesnar's current run longer than his original

Count Zero

Demonologist
@red
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Brock joined developmental at OVW sometime in 2000. His last match that run was the Mania match against Goldberg in 2004.

Brock returned April 2012. And now here we are a full 5 years later. Of course he's only been part-time this run but I'd argue he's way more culturally relevant this time - having been a UFC heavyeight champion and then returning to the UFC while still a rassler.

Crazy.

noticia-lesnar-campeon.jpg

Yeah. They won't admit it on the main board but Lesnar did more for the popularity of the UFC than anyone. He was the one who took it from a niche sport to mainstream by his name.

He can still headline any UFC event anytime, anywhere he wants

Even in OVW he had a sweet deal ($250,000 guaranteed) because both NJPW and WCW wanted him. Brock's always been best for business.

I honestly was really surprised to see his current run is in fact a year longer than his original ... including his 2 years in developmental.

He's literally been an on-air character 2½ times longer than his original run. That's so insane ... that first run felt like an entire career.

Yeah. They won't admit it on the main board but Lesnar did more for the popularity of the UFC than anyone. He was the one who took it from a niche sport to mainstream by his name.

He can still headline any UFC event anytime, anywhere he wants
He has also played a huge part in legitimizing WWE in the last 5 years. Imagine Sportscenter covering WWE in 2008. They'd laugh that out of the building. WWE may not be in an Attitude/Hogan era level of business but to me they feel as main stream culturally relevant as any of those times and Brock coming back as a legit athlete was what got the ball rolling.

Shows what I know. I figured the WWE would want nothing to do with him after he cowered against Carwin, Cain, and Overeem. Brock coming back and dominating their company would look bad, seeing as how UFC guys were demolishing him at the end of his run.

Back