*Lesnar and Dana used Hunt to get $$$*

Hunt is right but there is no precedent in his support.
Tons of fighters have been caught in the past and the result has been switched from W to NC.
The screwed fighter was not compensated as far as I know apart from the Loss overturned in his record.

I would obv be fair for the opponent to get compensated similar to the weight miss 20% purse thing but this is not specified in the rules yet.
A big deal is made about this case in particular but it has nothing different than previous PED users that won and got caught

1. Dana offered a huge $2.5 million purse for JUST ONE FIGHT.

2. Lesnar wasn't interested on a UFC run for two reasons:

- He knew Overeem, Cain, Miocic, Werdum, etc., would expose him again, would hit him in the face, making him dance, turtle, and finally tapping to strikes.

- He knew he was totally roided and was gonna get caught by USADA. He knew he was gonna get suspended for years.

3. Dana didn't care if he was roided or not. He just wanted that juiced gorilla to sell his PPVs. Prove is, the UFC is not taking a single $ from his purse.

4. Mark Hunt was used. He showed against a roided, bigger wrestler. Luckily, Lesnar can't strike. Otherwise he could've been injured.

5. Dana won't talk about the cheater. The cheater won't talk either. They're just waiting for UFC 202 to come so fans would forget about that scam.

And Lesnar/WWE noobs call Hunt salty. If a roided Hunt would've beaten their roided god, they would be as annoying as it can get here on Sherdog.

Mark Hunt shoukd receive a part of Lesnar's purse. Or at leadt the UFC should fine Lesnar and take a big part of hus purse, so any other future MMA fighter would know that being a cheater wouldn't be a good business.
1. He left the sport as a huge draw, and to make UFC 200 a great and memorable card like they did for UFC 100 they brought in someone who would bring in big numbers.

2. He got caught for an estrogen blocker, not steroids. For all we know he was just trying to keep the woman hormone "estrogen" out of his body for MALE purposes. The first reason has no merit. He got sick and fought like 3 months after a FATAL ILLNESS.

3. Again he didn't get popped for roids.

4. Mark Hunt is a one hit walk away wonder. It was a clash of styles. Who will win it what way? Will Brock outwrestle him or will Hunt KO him and walk away?

5. They've talked about this already, and it's an estrogen blocker, not steroids.

Also there's no proof Lesnar is "roided up". USADA did ban this estrogen blocker, but people shouldn't be calling Lesnar a cheater, but rather why is that substance banned anyways? We should have the right to stop the flow of excess estrogen.

As about recieving a part of Lesnars earnings; Lesnar is facing up to two years of suspension. If he wanted to cash in on another 2.5 million for 1 fight he couldn't because he'd be banned. He's a high draw with skill to back it up, so he deserves that money. Again he didn't get caught for a steroid that helps with building muscle; he got popped for trying to block out a female hormone. A hormone that helps shape a womans body in which us men shouldn't be recieving anyways.

When has a fighter ever got any of the purse of another fighter who failed a drug test test? I don't remember this ever happening before.

They why not change it?

Does it take your 2 biggest draws to fail their drug tests and ruin the biggest card of the year? that is what happened, maybe changing the rules will better sport? But who cares about the health of MMA, right?

1. He left the sport as a huge draw, and to make UFC 200 a great and memorable card like they did for UFC 100 they brought in someone who would bring in big numbers.

2. He got caught for an estrogen blocker, not steroids. For all we know he was just trying to keep the woman hormone "estrogen" out of his body for MALE purposes. The first reason has no merit. He got sick and fought like 3 months after a FATAL ILLNESS.

3. Again he didn't get popped for roids.

4. Mark Hunt is a one hit walk away wonder. It was a clash of styles. Who will win it what way? Will Brock outwrestle him or will Hunt KO him and walk away?

5. They've talked about this already, and it's an estrogen blocker, not steroids.

Also there's no proof Lesnar is "roided up". USADA did ban this estrogen blocker, but people shouldn't be calling Lesnar a cheater, but rather why is that substance banned anyways? We should have the right to stop the flow of excess estrogen.

As about recieving a part of Lesnars earnings; Lesnar is facing up to two years of suspension. If he wanted to cash in on another 2.5 million for 1 fight he couldn't because he'd be banned. He's a high draw with skill to back it up, so he deserves that money. Again he didn't get caught for a steroid that helps with building muscle; he got popped for trying to block out a female hormone. A hormone that helps shape a womans body in which us men shouldn't be recieving anyways.

If you knew anything about working out etc, you'd realize how much of an advantage estrogen blockers are.

1. Hunt got the biggest payday of his lifetime

2. but but but Hunt via rd 1 walk off k.o Lesnar can't take his shots

- He knew Overeem, Cain, Miocic, Werdum, etc., would expose him again, would hit him in the face, making him dance, turtle, and finally tapping to strikes.

- He knew he was totally roided and was gonna get caught by USADA. He knew he was gonna get suspended for years.

3. Dana didn't care if he was roided or not. He just wanted that juiced gorilla to sell his PPVs. Prove is, the UFC is not taking a single $ from his purse.

4. Mark Hunt was used. He showed against a roided, bigger wrestler. Luckily, Lesnar can't strike. Otherwise he could've been injured.

5. Dana won't talk about the cheater. The cheater won't talk either. They're just waiting for UFC 202 to come so fans would forget about that scam.

And Lesnar/WWE noobs call Hunt salty. If a roided Hunt would've beaten their roided god, they would be as annoying as it can get here on Sherdog.

Mark Hunt shoukd receive a part of Lesnar's purse. Or at leadt the UFC should fine Lesnar and take a big part of hus purse, so any other future MMA fighter would know that being a cheater wouldn't be a good business.
So you're saying that Mark Hunt is not very intelligent, and everybody outsmarted and took advantage of him in this instance. Right?

I support Hunt in this but to say he was 'used' is ridiculous.

Yes, ped does give an unfair advantage but it doesn't make miracles and is hardly a guarantee that you will win. Lesnar won because of his wrestling and because Hunt was too hesitating.

Hunt was used but he entered in to it willingly for the dollars and because he thought he'd win. I said when the fight was announced that I thought the UFC matchmaking was at work again. It was like Diaz being brought in from Cabo to pad Conor's record. Out of all the HW's in the top 10, Hunt was the most tailor made for Brock's strong wrestling.
I was hoping Hunt would land a shot and do what Diaz did to screw the UFC but wasn't really expecting it.

Wait... are you telling me a business made a decision to make the most money at the expense of an employee? I'm fucking shocked.

Hunt has gotten beat by fighters on peds for a hell of a lot less than what he made at UFC 200...

Fighters are regularly given a small percentage of the purse of another fighter who fails to comply with the fight conditions by missing weight. That provides a straightforward model for how to deal with these situations.

All we are really arguing about is where the money Brock will be fined goes. I think it is far more reasonable to give it to the guy he was clobbering with hammerfists than to some suit on the AC.

You really believe the NSAC is going to take the money from Brock and GIVE IT to Hunt instead of pocketing the money themselves? If you do, then do you believe in unicorns? The tooth fairy? lol.

Hunt isn't getting shit.

Hunt was used but he entered in to it willingly for the dollars and because he thought he'd win. I said when the fight was announced that I thought the UFC matchmaking was at work again. It was like Diaz being brought in from Cabo to pad Conor's record. Out of all the HW's in the top 10, Hunt was the most tailor made for Brock's strong wrestling.
I was hoping Hunt would land a shot and do what Diaz did to screw the UFC but wasn't really expecting it.

I don't disagree with you. UFC wanted Lesnar to win just like with Conor vs Diaz and Sage vs Barberena and it didn't go so well in those fights.

However, Hunt took the fight fully away of that anyway and got a lot of money for it. If anything, the UFC gave him a chance to prove them wrong and he just wasn't good enough. That is not to say he shouldn't be angry that Lesnar cheated but he lost because Lesnar was the superior fighter.

They why not change it?

Does it take your 2 biggest draws to fail their drug tests and ruin the biggest card of the year? that is what happened, maybe changing the rules will better sport? But who cares about the health of MMA, right?
Jon Jones is not the UFCs biggest draw and he never has been
Can we at least tell the truth in these fake outrage rants

You really believe the NSAC is going to take the money from Brock and GIVE IT to Hunt instead of pocketing the money themselves? If you do, then do you believe in unicorns? The tooth fairy? lol.

Hunt isn't getting shit.

Well thank you for clearing that up for everyone.

My point was not about what I believed the AC would do, but about what would be a reasonable arrangement going forward. A lot of folks are acting as if Hunt's complaints are unreasonable. They aren't, though as you rightly predict, they will be fruitless.

1. It's called prize fighting. No one is doing this just for the love. Hunt made $700,000 and that is just the disclosed pay.

2. Only Brock knows his own "real" motivations, and I'm sure it's subject to change. If things went poorly that would be the end of that, and if they went well then who knows.

3. I'm sure that every promoter prefers great performances to the expense, distraction, and card killing drama of doping control.

4. "used" whatever. He knew what he was getting into and he made six and possibly seven figures. I'd love to be "used" in such a fashion though I don't know if I would want a gassed up shaved silverback smashing my face like that. But Mark wasn't forced to do anything.

5. I'm sure you love to air your own dirty laundry on national television.

I don't blame Mark for being mad, and I think he deserves a little something extra for dealing with the shitty end of things, but I also think he's asking for too much. Maybe it's a negotiation tactic.

Well thank you for clearing that up for everyone.

You're welcome. I aim to enlighten those that are not-so-enlightened.

My point was not about what I believed the AC would do, but about what would be a reasonable arrangement going forward. A lot of folks are acting as if Hunt's complaints are unreasonable. They aren't, though as you rightly predict, they will be fruitless.

His complaints aren't unreasonable. That, I agree. But where does throwing a temper tantrum get him? I think he just doesn't give a fuck anymore and really wants to get released. I'm thinking he's regretting re-signing with the UFC right now. I'm sure if he could(knowing what he knows now) go back to where he was negotiating a new deal, he would say "nevermind" and go elsewhere.

Of course the problem with THAT is that he would more than likely face those that are "using" just like Brock.

I think he's better off just retiring.

Can Mark Hunt ask for % of the money Brock made because Brock failed PED test is this his right ? Honest question i really dont know.
Is this the law that Brock has to give Hunt % of his money because he failed test

My employer can "use" me if they are going to pay me high 6 figures any time that they want to...

Back