Leslie Smith dishes on the UFC's underhanded tactics - interview with Luke Thomas

Blame God

He is the one that made her look like a witch.

If she was hot this would not be happening.

In most developed countries, it would be covered just by being a citizen of that country (national healthcare). And if there was a fighter's union, I expect that healthcare would be part of that deal.
Either way I think it was a nice gesture by the UFC.

That said, I don't understand this argument around her essentially owing her life to the UFC because they did her one favor. Robbie Lawler had a plastic surgeon work on the horrible gash he had on his top lip after the Rory MacDonald fight, should Robbie be forever indebted to the UFC for them fixing his lip? They could have easily just sent him to Las Vegas General and had it sewn up.

Sounds like the UFC owes her 1 more fight and then they can not re-sign her.

The 100k story has more to it though, here's the quote.

"Smith asked the UFC for a two-fight extension worth $100,000 per appearance. The UFC declined, so she then countered with an offer to keep fighting at her current pay rate. The promotion declined that offer as well, according to the fighter."

The tumour came about after she went on TV and said she had a Benign tumour that her health insurance doesn't cover. The UFC then contacted her and got it removed, presumably as it was bad press for them not too.

Here's the text of the tweet.

"In any relationship a person is only lets themselves be treated as badly as they feel they out to be treated. UFC fighters- your employer relationship is abusive. Stop letting them undervalue your worth. Man up, Woman up, Sign an authorization card."

No mention of husband and the point is about only being treated badly as you allow.

Also Tumour wasn't malignant but benign and could be seen in her weigh-in photo's the last few years.

"“It’s a benign tumor,” Smith told MMAjunkie. “I’ve asked quite a few doctors about it, and they’ve always told me that it’s not going to kill me or anything, and that’s always nice to hear when you have growths on your body. But I don’t want this thing on my body anymore. I want to get rid of it, and I’ve wanted to get rid of it for a while.”

Here's the complete context so folk cna make up their own minds.
Asking for 100k a fight is laughable. If the tumor was benign, the UFC was in no way obligated to pay for an operation to have it removed. It was an elective procedure.

Who cares about this dumb bitch i dont even remember her. She should have fought. The ufc was like scratch my back ill scratch yours and she took the money. I dont get it. Id fight for free lodging and food because thats what i love to do.

Near enough every MMA fan I know in the real world hates WMMA, thinks it's utter garbage and would prefer it if it wasn't there.

Very small sample size compared to actual audience size. Plus there's the issue of what type of people in the real world would hang out with a guy like you given your attitude.

It's only on sherdog do I encounter legions of hardcore WMMA fans, most of whom come across as creepy weirdos to be perfectly honest.

Legions of "creepy wierdos"? There's some of that attitude that would limit the sort of people in the real world who would want to even know a guy like you... throwing considerable bias into the small sample of opinions around you.

Just look at the way viewing figures and PPV numbers are going, people are turning away and substandard WMMA is definitely playing a big part in this.
I'm sure Dana and WME would get rid it tomorrow if they could

Considering your bias, you are going to feel sure about whatever notions you can come up with to confirm your bias. Have you any solid evidence that Dana and WME want to get rid of WMMA in the UFC? Absolutely none, do you? Link us to that evidence please, if you have it. Have you any expert opinions you can cite attributing a major role in declining views and PPV numbers to the presence of WMMA in the UFC? Please link us to them for us to read. Or is this all based on you and your buddies supporting each other's opinions? And, let me guess, you all have similar "politics" too, don't you?

The Aldana fight was the FOTN.
And in considering her loss to Cyborg, weight should be given to the fact that Smith was not fighting within her division
nobody cares. she played herself and in unemployed

Either way I think it was a nice gesture by the UFC.

That said, I don't understand this argument around her essentially owing her life to the UFC because they did her one favor. Robbie Lawler had a plastic surgeon work on the horrible gash he had on his top lip after the Rory MacDonald fight, should Robbie be forever indebted to the UFC for them fixing his lip? They could have easily just sent him to Las Vegas General and had it sewn up.
Indeed but them doing her a favor seems like a nice gesture and doesn't sit well with fans, specially with her doing a 180 on them, sue them? Do you think UFC owes her something after what happened?

Back