Leonardo Santos: when you too good and UFC dont let you fight nobody

His last fight against Adriano Martins was absolutely horrendous. That doesn't help at all when you want the big bosses thinking you're a sweet investment.

why is a win over kevin lee a big deal suddenly?

He might be good but saying he is a beast because he kncoked out some top 15-20 lw is wrong. Even if this top 15-20 guy dresses as tony montana and gets offered a titleshot.

They've been giving him fights lately he's pulled out or his opponents have pulled out due to injury. It's unfortunate but I agree he does deserve a big name. LW is insanely stacked and there are many ahead of him for a title shot and deservedly so but it doesn't mean he's not in the mix. It's like that last dude Kevin Lee beat who was on an 8 fight win streak, dude was in the mix and if he could have beat Lee he would have been like 1 win away. Santos streak in the UFC is only 4 wins btw, before that was a draw. Here are the dudes in front of him though:

Ferguson - Rightful #1 contender on a 9 fight win streak.
Khabib - Next in line with an 8 fight win streak but keeps getting injured.
Al Iaquinta, Kevin Lee, Edson Barboza, and Khabilov are probably all ahead of him too. If he beats one of these guys or in Lee's case beats him again he'll be in good shape.

The KO of Lee aside, he's fucking boring. That's why.

Cause he's 37 at lightweight.

He's not going to ever be a contender at this point. It's pretty much impossible to stay in your prime after age 35 in all weight classes below 185. I'm pointing to MMA mainly

Assuncao
Edgar
Lamas
Woodley
Lawler
Maia

The KO of Lee aside, he's fucking boring. That's why.

Yeah this guy fights awful fights other than vs Lee and Martin. Two of the best guys on his list.
Parke fight was especially fucking awful and a draw that he could have just as well lost. Adriano Martins deserved the win vs him the last time imo.

LW is so saturated with talent, that it's hard to keep track of everyone (for me, not fir the UFC). If he fought at HW, he would have already had a title shot.

The fact that he fought Kevin Lee destroys your theory. If they were protecting they're young prospects from him he certainly wouldn't have been matched with Kevin Lee.

I'm assuming he's injured still, he was slated to fight Auburn Mercier not to long ago and pulled out. Not sure what's up with him but hes certainly due!

Lee was a nobody until his last fight.

i don't believe him. he's a winning fighter, all he has to do for a fight is make one call. he's just a moaning Brazilian. he's probably waiting for big names but doesn't realise he's an unknown himself. while he's waiting he's getting old quick
You are an idiot

TS is saying that Santos is too good, Santos himself said nothing and isnt quoted in this thread

Every part of your post is dumb

Yeah this guy fights awful fights other than vs Lee and Martin. Two of the best guys on his list.
Parke fight was especially fucking awful and a draw that he could have just as well lost. Adriano Martins deserved the win vs him the last time imo.

I didn't see the Martins fight, but the Parke fight was abysmal.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

He was supposed to fight Evan Dunham last year but pulled out due to an injury.

Then he was supposed to fight Mercier back in June, but his opponent was injured. He was scuttled from the card instead of getting a replacement, so its likely he was also injured and willing to leave the card, or offered to be re-booked.

Does the TS and any moron that liked his post actually think Leonardo is too good or the ufc is not giving him fights because he's too good?

There's literally fighters in every male division better and more skilled than him. Why aren't they too good to get fights?

Back