Leonardo Santos: when you too good and UFC dont let you fight nobody

Maybe he doesn't want a fight all year?

I did not know he was on a win streak like that. Very impressive. Maybe UFC keeping him chilled in case Connie stays out longer than expected and Fergie beats Mr. Lee? Nah op is on to somethin here

It is weird that he doesn't at least get a couple spots on Brazil cards each year after having him in Brazil in his first 3 UFC fights.

Only thing I can figure the UFC has against him is his age. 37 for a LW is pretty old. Still, it's not like he can make himself younger and he hasn't lost in a long time regardless. Not to mention the huge win over Lee.

Idc if he's getting contender fights but I agree he should be getting more fights as long as he's healthy.

He's only had 23 fights in 15 years, and he's 37.

Give him a semi-big fight, and let him sink or swim.

Let him bang (literally).

I could've sworn he fought not long ago but I looked it up and saw that his opponent pulled out before 212 due to injury and he pulled out from the event altogether. He also had a fight after Lee and before Martins that fell through when he got injured. So it's not like he's not getting chances. He's just got shit luck.

The fact that he fought Kevin Lee destroys your theory. If they were protecting they're young prospects from him he certainly wouldn't have been matched with Kevin Lee.

I'm assuming he's injured still, he was slated to fight Auburn Mercier not to long ago and pulled out. Not sure what's up with him but hes certainly due!

Cause he's 37 at lightweight.

He's not going to ever be a contender at this point. It's pretty much impossible to stay in your prime after age 35 in all weight classes below 185. I'm pointing to MMA mainly

Lee vs Santos 2 just to prove he'd smash him again. No way in hell would Lee dare go to the ground with Santos, it's why he got fucked up and knocked out the first time.

That Is a nice streak.

I don't think it's seen him fight.

The UFC needs to have some sort of system besides their dumbass extremely bias rankings

After 4 in a row you deserve a high profile contender type match, and based on how you perform in it should determine if you get a title shot.

maybe 5 in a row these days

I could've sworn he fought not long ago but I looked it up and saw that his opponent pulled out before 212 due to injury and he pulled out from the event altogether. He also had a fight after Lee and before Martins that fell through when he got injured. So it's not like he's not getting chances. He's just got shit luck.

/thread

Reminds me of Trinaldo before he lost to Kevin Lee. 38 years old, 7 fight win streak, and I don't think Kevin Lee was ranked or he was around 15 when Trinaldo fought him.

Cause he's 37 at lightweight.

He's not going to ever be a contender at this point. It's pretty much impossible to stay in your prime after age 35 in all weight classes below 185. I'm pointing to MMA mainly

then why'd they even sign him?

i don't believe him. he's a winning fighter, all he has to do for a fight is make one call. he's just a moaning Brazilian. he's probably waiting for big names but doesn't realise he's an unknown himself. while he's waiting he's getting old quick

Back