Leo Santa Cruz vs Rafael Rivera PBC Feb.16 FOX

Flores is going to get KO'd. Anyone who gets stopped by Dat Nguyen has no business being in the ring with Leo.

John Molina jr vs Omar Figueroa co main event

California

figueroa-molina.jpg

santa-cruz-flores.jpg

Support fight should be the main.

Flores is going to get KO'd. Anyone who gets stopped by Dat Nguyen has no business being in the ring with Leo.
Leo just KO'd a guy who KO'd Flores.

John Molina on the other hand had FOTY

In addition to the new opponent in the main event, PBC also announced the addition of a third televised fight. It will be an eight-round bout between junior middleweight prospect Sebastian Fondura (11-0, 7 KOs), of Coachella, California, and Donnie Marshall (10-0, 6 KOs), 30, of Raleigh, North Carolina. Fondura, a southpaw, is known as "The Towering Inferno" because at 6-foot-6 he is freakishly tall for a 154-pound fighter.

In the previously announced co-feature, former lightweight world titlist Omar Figueroa Jr. (27-0-1, 19 KOs), 29, of Weslaco, Texas, will return from a 19-month layoff due to injuries and legal issues to face former world title challenger John Molina Jr. (30-7, 24 KOs), 36, of Covina ,California, in a 12-round welterweight bout most expect to be a brawl.

I cant fucking stand Omar Figueroa

Me neither. Can't pinpoint what bothers me, probably the fact that he personifies these young guys that build up their resume fighting corpses of fighters that were decent once upon a time. That, and he lost against Belmontes and I didn't think it was close. He's a plodding slugger who'll get beat the fuck up when he fights somebody with a pulse but an ancient Molina is just there to be another wictim.

All in all, this is a pretty terrible card.

Back