Leo DiCaprio Foundation Awards $20M in Environmental Grants

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How Alpha and dreamy is this guy?

https://www.ecowatch.com/leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-awards-2487597805.html
http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Leonardo-DiCaprio-foundation-awards-20M-in-12209999.php
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/l...s-20-million-environmental-grants-1202563958/

"We are proud to support the work of over 100 organizations at home and abroad," DiCaprio said. "These grantees are active on the ground, protecting our oceans, forests and endangered species for future generations—and tackling the urgent, existential challenges of climate change."

The new grants cover six areas: climate change, wildlife and landscape conservation, marine life and ocean conservation, innovative solutions, indigenous rights and the California program.

The Before the Flood documentarian also urged a shift fossil fuels to renewable energy.

"There exist today many proven technologies in renewable energy, clean transportation and sustainable agriculture, that we can begin to build a brighter future for all of us," he said. "Our challenge is to find new ways to power our lives, employ millions of people and turn every individual into an advocate for clean air and drinkable water. We must demand that politicians accept climate science and make bold commitments before it is too late."

giphy.gif

So just another rich, liberal, idiot. We already knew that.

So just another rich, liberal, idiot. We already knew that.

Donating to help clean or protect oceans, air, forests, wildlife, protect endangered species, etc makes him an idiot?

people will find a reason to be mad about everything. your ives are so miserable you want to inflict your pain on everyone else

"There exist today many proven technologies in renewable energy, clean transportation and sustainable agriculture, that we can begin to build a brighter future for all of us," he said. "Our challenge is to find new ways to power our lives, employ millions of people and turn every individual into an advocate for clean air and drinkable water. We must demand that politicians accept climate science and make bold commitments before it is too late."

Immediately after giving this speech, Leo had Carl's Jr delivered by jet to his private island. Once landed, the food was then driven in three separate Humvees to his door. Leo, of course, paid in conflict diamonds.

Isn't Leo a big hypocrite when it comes to this stuff?

For me, that doesn't change the importance of the message.

I honestly don't care what he's doing. It doesn't mean he's wrong about what the world should be doing.

I honestly don't care what he's doing. It doesn't mean he's wrong about what the world should be doing.

Practice what you preach. It is like those hardcore right wingers who end up being closest homos while preaching family values to everyone else.

Leo is exactly that, but climate change and it is pathetic.

If I went on TV and kept going on about littering and the damage it does to the environment, then every day I would throw my rubbish on the ground rather than use a bin, would you want to take me or my message seriously or would you tell me to stfu and stop littering?

It's a tax write off

I'm sure he'll stop flying a jet around ten times a week....

Practice what you preach. It is like those hardcore right wingers who end up being closest homos while preaching family values to everyone else.

Leo is exactly that, but climate change and it is pathetic.

If I went on TV and kept going on about littering and the damage it does to the environment, then every day I would throw my rubbish on the ground rather than use a bin, would you want to take me or my message seriously or would you tell me to stfu and stop littering?

Why are the two mutually exclusive?

I agree it doesn't mean the message isn't important but it's a little on the nose him preaching the message while not practicing it

Why are the two mutually exclusive?

Because he is asking everyone else to do something that he is unwilling to do himself. I personally find that morally reprehensible.

It also comes off as fake and insincere when someone spends so much time trying to talk about something being so important, when they are doing the complete opposite.

Like I said, would you take me seriously about littering if I would deliberately litter everyday?

litter1802_228x356.jpg

4 mansions, 12 cars, 2 jets, and a habit of renting out super yachts that burn through 5,000 liters of fuel per day.
He's a great actor and I'd go homo for him (no homo) but he certainly doesn't practice what he preaches, that's for sure.

Because he is asking everyone else to do something that he is unwilling to do himself. I personally find that morally reprehensible.

It also comes off as fake and insincere when someone spends so much time trying to talk about something being so important, when they are doing the complete opposite.

Like I said, would you take me seriously about littering if I would deliberately litter everyday?

litter1802_228x356.jpg

Him being hypocritical makes it easier for people to ignore his message. I don't care if someone is sincere if they're talking about climate change and how we need to be responsible outside of the fact it will make it harder for him to convince others; but I don't need to be convinced.

Personally I think his message is correct and don't care how he lives his life, but you just do you.

Him being hypocritical makes it easier for people to ignore his message. I don't care if someone is sincere if they're talking about climate change and how we need to be responsible outside of the fact it will make it harder for him to convince others; but I don't need to be convinced.

Personally I think his message is correct and don't care how he lives his life, but you just do you.

Talk is cheap

His message is "all of you dirty poors need to stop using heating in winter and self sacrifice while I make zero concessions in my indulgent life".

Back