Lenovo Disney Augmented Reality Headset For Playing Star Wars Game

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

Not much is known other then it may have been specifically designed to only play Star Wars games or similar right now.

A little more from Disney fan event D23.

Here's something you probably weren't expecting out of a Disney fan event: a Star Wars augmented reality headset. Lenovo and Lucasfilm have teased headgear that uses your smartphone to bring the space epic into the real world. There's precious little to know about the hardware (not even a release date), but we already know a bit about the games you'll play. Lenovo and Disney are teasing holochess, for a start, but there's also a real-time ground battle game and Jedi Challenges, which will (naturally) have you wielding a lightsaber. In short: you're about to live out a lot of Star Wars fantasies.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/15/star-wars-augmented-reality-headset/

The thing is already trending online.

Not much is known other then it may have been specifically designed to only play Star Wars games or similar right now.

Is it just some PC games on that website or will it work with EA battlefront? For like PS4 .. Commercial only tells me to awake my jedi but not where I can play with him when he's awake

Is it just some PC games on that website or will it work with EA battlefront? For like PS4 .. Commercial only tells me to awake my jedi but not where I can play with him when he's awake

Cute but I believe it will only play games specifically for Augmented Reality you will likely not be able to play other games for even VR games on the headset. Another thing it was developed at Lucas Arts and I don't remember any hardware ever developed at Lucas that was very workable. This sounds like their first entry into the AR/VR space and because no standards have been developed they decided to go it alone. The other thing from the design of the headset it looks a lot like Meta headset. Meta uses a QHD OLED screen above the viewers head to send a reflected image off the glass in front of the user. It's a pretty simple approach and works OK but not very good in bright light situations and also is nothing like Magic Leap or Hololens both considerably more complex in design.

It's a phone slide in headset

Back