Lennox Lewis is the greatest pound for pound, not Mayweather

If an animal like Mike Tyson, who pretty much hated everyone and everything in 2002, after the fight labels you a magnificent figher and concidered it privilige to fight you, chances are you pretty fucking great.
lol what??

How are pound for pound estimates possible at all? If we diet Lewis to Mayweathers weight, Lewis would absolutely crush him regardless because of his height and reach advantage build for a much taller guy. It wouldn't even be a fight. David Vs Goliat in height and reach. So how can pound for pound make sense?

Last edited:
So... If Lennox Lewis is greatest heavyweight of all time, he is surely the greatest pound for pound as well, given his superior physical attributies.

Pound for pound assumes exactly what it says, if you can't wrap your head around it then think about what it means.

He was amazing, one of the best I have ever seen, fast, strong, technical, nasty jab and one of the best right crosses.

Pound for pound assumes exactly what it says, if you can't wrap your head around it then think about what it means.

Pound for pound means who would win if all those ranked were the same size. Already there Lewis beats out on everybody below his weight class because even weight adjusted, he happens to have superior reach and height, combined with his actual talent.

He was amazing, one of the best I have ever seen, fast, strong, technical, nasty jab and one of the best right crosses.

He was the best. This wouldn't even be an argument if Lennox Lewis was American.

It means same size same weight, if Lennox was 6'6" and a mw he'd be on crutches after his leg amputation dumbass, think before you post.

How are pound for pound estimates possible at all? If we diet Lewis to Mayweathers weight, Lewis would absolutely crush him regardless because of his height and reach advantage build for a much taller guy. It wouldn't even be a fight. David Vs Goliat in height and reach. So how can pound for pound make sense?

Lol how would you "diet down" Lewis to 147 lbs?? Even if you kill him, wait a few years untill there is nothing left but the bones, and weigh his bones, I think he would still weigh more then 147 lbs. You could however put 2 mayweathers who would equal 300lbs, or do mayweather and mini me Broner up against Lewis at the same time and Lewis would handicap whoop em' both.. so yeah "p4p" Lewis>May

It means same size same weight,

If Lennox Lewis is the greatest heavyweight of all time, then he is the greatest boxer of all time and all that pound for pound stuff is irrelevant. Lewis would beat anyone, in anyone weightclass that he could medically perform under.

But ok, if you want to say that some people below his weight were more dominant within their weight classes, then fine. That doesn't make them the greatest of all time though because it's only relative to their division.

I don't think you can make the argument that Mayweather is the greatest boxer of all time if it's only relative to other midgets in his weight division.

If Lennox Lewis is the greatest heavyweight of all time, then he is the greatest boxer of all time and all that pound for pound stuff is irrelevant.
{<huh}

Pound for pound is a comparison of accomplishment of everyone in the sport, from every weight class. It's not a ranking of who would beat who or anything like that.

I'm a big Lennox Lewis fan and I agree he's ONE OF the greatest HWs but P4P greatest fighter all time? No way.

If Lennox Lewis is the greatest heavyweight of all time, then he is the greatest boxer of all time and all that pound for pound stuff is irrelevant. Lewis would beat anyone, in anyone weightclass that he could medically perform under.

But ok, if you want to say that some people below his weight were more dominant within their weight classes, then fine. That doesn't make them the greatest of all time though because it's only relative to their division.
<{gspressed}>
Are you high? Yes Lennox would beat Ricardo Lopez. If you made them the same proportions you tell me, you clearly don't know what p4p is meant to mean.

He was the best. This wouldn't even be an argument if Lennox Lewis was American.

I tend to agree, even though a lot of people point to the fact that neither Evander or Mike was at their best when they fought, he still beat both of them. Tyson was a shell of his former self, but Lennox would have been a tough match up either way.

But I really think a tough, fast, hungry Mike in his prime as well would have been a hard fight for Lennox. The only suspect thing about Lennox was that it took a lot less to put him on queer street than for example Tyson, Foreman or Holyfield.

<{gspressed}>
Are you high? Yes Lennox would beat Ricardo Lopez. If you made them the same proportions you tell me, you clearly don't know what p4p is meant to mean.

Pound for pound has several meanings.

"Pound for pound
is a term used in combat sports such as boxing[1] or mixed martial arts[2] to reflect an assessment as to who the better fighters are, regardless of size (i.e., regardless of weight class). As these fighters do not compete directly, judging the best fighter pound for pound is subjective, and ratings vary. They may be based on a range of criteria including "quality of opposition", factors such as how exciting the fighter is or how famous they are, or be an attempt to determine who would win if all those ranked were the same size."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_for_pound

In reality, the best heavyweight should be P4P greatest really. P4P is a retarded concept anyway lol.

In reality, the best heavyweight should be P4P greatest really. P4P is a retarded concept anyway lol.

If P4P simply means relative dominance within your division then no. If it means "who would win if they had the same size" then possibly, but not neccesarily.

I don't think Semmi Schillt would neccesarily beat everybody in kickboxing if he or someone else switched divisions. But I do think Lennox Lewis would clean any division possible. One hundred percent sure of it.

Mike Tyson was in terrible condition for the Lewis fight but he knew he had no business fighting him anyway and thanked for the paycheck after the fight.

lol what??

That's what Mike Tyson said at ringside. There were also reports that he claimed Lewis was the hardest puncher he ever fought. Tyson had stated prior to fighting Lewis that Donovan "Razor" Ruddock was the guy.

But I really think a tough, fast, hungry Mike in his prime as well would have been a hard fight for Lennox. The only suspect thing about Lennox was that it took a lot less to put him on queer street than for example Tyson, Foreman or Holyfield.

Didn't Tyson pay to avoid Lewis in the early 90s? I heard that he did.

Tyson at his peak would KO Lewis.
Lewis was lucky to fight him when he was way downhill

Back