Lemieux vs Stevens....no grappling allowed

Lemieux has a better workrate to go with his power so I'd probably favour him, but both men are plenty hittable so Stevens is definitely a live dog here. Should be fireworks while it lasts.

Confirmed by HBO for March 11

While I think its a Crappy main headliner even for free HBO, there is no boxing that night so I cant be pissed.

Still, its the reason why Showtime > HBO

I don't have a big problem with this as a regular HBO fight.

Honestly, there have been a lot of fights like this that have headlined HBO cards over the years. Neither are elite fighters, but both have some exposure to the HBO audience, and the style clash suggests a fun fight.

Honestly, there have been a lot of fights like this that have headlined HBO cards over the years. Neither are elite fighters, but both have some exposure to the HBO audience, and the style clash suggests a fun fight.
Pretty typical BAD fight.

Lemieux wins this one. Much quicker feet.

Free HBO was supposed to be Terence Crawford, GGG vs Jacobs, Lomachenko vs A-level fighter, etc.

These guys are co-main eventers. Great match up and good fighters, but its more like HBO After Dark instead of HBO World Championship Boxing

Free HBO was supposed to be Terence Crawford, GGG vs Jacobs, Lomachenko vs A-level fighter, etc.

These guys are co-main eventers. Great match up and good fighters, but its more like HBO After Dark instead of HBO World Championship Boxing
Would I rather see Crawford-Pacquiao or Lomnchenko-Rigondeaux? Of course, but those fights will be lucky to be made at all, much less on free HBO. I can't argue that this is a fight between two world beaters but I like it because it's a fairly even matchup and it's a great matchup stylistically. I'd rather see that that Crawford, GGG or Lomachenko against a 5:1 underdog, even if the A-side is more talented.

I'm happy this fight was made. It makes sense right now and like @Breakfast Bar said it seems fairly even on paper and not a top guy vs someone with almost no chance.

We're in the post Floyd and Pac era (Pac hasn't realized it yet, but he will). HBO is going to put any fighter with buzz who wins on PPV until it works.

Curtis Stevens is trash for showing that sparring and several other instances.

I'm rooting for Lemuiex but to be honest both fighters gas out and both are so damn wishy washy, I think either could win by KO

I think its a pretty good B level matchup. Should be an action fight. I favor Lemieux.

First you bitch that HBO needs to get it's budget together because they can't make the fight.
Then, after they make the fight, you bitch that it's not a good enough fight for HBO.

Figure it out. B.

before anyone calls into lemiuex being knocked out early in his career there was a fighter with 1 win in 26 fights. the one win was a knockout vs stevens

Lemiuex was never hurt to head vs ggg and the stoppage was just a "you are at diffrent classes" it could have easily went on way longer.

in all common fights Lemiuex did better. I know rosado was a BKB fight but stevens looked like shit.
vs N'dam stevensl loooked like shit and stevens did far worse vs ggg than lemiuex did

Lemiuex was never hurt to head vs ggg and the stoppage was just a "you are at diffrent classes" it could have easily went on way longer.

in all common fights Lemiuex did better. I know rosado was a BKB fight but stevens looked like shit.
vs N'dam stevensl loooked like shit and stevens did far worse vs ggg than lemiuex did

I wouldn't say that Stevens did far worse against Golovkin than Lemieux did. Neither fighter really did much. Stevens did considerably worse against N'Dam. That is partially due to styles, though. Stevens has never shown much ability to walk down a half decent boxer, and N'Dam, while nothing special, has fast feet and can box a bit. Luckily for Stevens, he isn't going to have to go out looking for Lemieux, so he'll have a man right in front of him to counter with his left hook. That gives him a chance, although, I favour Lemieux in this fight (Stevens has never really managed to impress me).

First you bitch that HBO needs to get it's budget together because they can't make the fight.
Then, after they make the fight, you bitch that it's not a good enough fight for HBO.

Figure it out. B.
Its a good co-main event fight.

I wouldn't say that Stevens did far worse against Golovkin than Lemieux did. Neither fighter really did much. Stevens did considerably worse against N'Dam. That is partially due to styles, though. Stevens has never shown much ability to walk down a half decent boxer, and N'Dam, while nothing special, has fast feet and can box a bit. Luckily for Stevens, he isn't going to have to go out looking for Lemieux, so he'll have a man right in front of him to counter with his left hook. That gives him a chance, although, I favour Lemieux in this fight (Stevens has never really managed to impress me).
Stevens did better against GGG than Lemieux did.

He couldve KO'd GGG with some of those shots if GGG didnt have a good chin, whereas Lemieux barely touched him.

before anyone calls into lemiuex being knocked out early in his career there was a fighter with 1 win in 26 fights. the one win was a knockout vs stevens
I checked on boxrec and I didn't find anyone like that

Back