Lemieux vs. Saunders Dec. 16 on HBO - Officially Announced

That's a good point. Though I for one appreciate early-afternoon bouts on Saturday.

I've actually come to enjoy watching Saturday afternoon boxing over the years, as well.

I've actually come to enjoy watching Saturday afternoon boxing over the years, as well.

It’s easier to pull off scheduling. My wife is always dragging me somewhere in the weekends, especially since we moved to the burbs.

Plus it’s a good reason to get a buzz going early.

It’s easier to pull off scheduling. My wife is always dragging me somewhere in the weekends, especially since we moved to the burbs.

Definitely agree on the last point.

Saunders has not looked very good lately. Admittedly, he seems to fight to the level of the opponent in front of him and he only really looked decent against Lee and Eubank Jr.

I really need him to lose to David. I think Lemieux would take the GGG rematch, or at least fight people and in doing so not hold the WBO belt hostage like Saunders has.

BJS has had as unremarkable a rule as Adonis Stevenson, made only marginally better by its comparative brevity.

^ True words.

I've got two daughters at home, so I just make them watch boxing with me on Saturday afternoons (or they can GTFO of the living room, either way).

Definitely agree on the last point.

At some point in my life, before they throw me in the garbage, we should get pissed in the morning and watch some fights.

Saunders has not looked very good lately. Admittedly, he seems to fight to the level of the opponent in front of him and he only really looked decent against Lee and Eubank Jr.

I really need him to lose to David. I think Lemieux would take the GGG rematch, or at least fight people and in doing so not hold the WBO belt hostage like Saunders has.

BJS has had as unremarkable a rule as Adonis Stevenson, made only marginally better by its comparative brevity.

Stevenson's reign is quite a bit better, but he's lineal and a lot more talented than Saunders with much more interesting matchups, making his avoidance top opposition that much more irritating.

dont understand why bjs gets the hate and lara gets the free pass

hes had two title defenses after beating andy lee, one being willie monroe jr and now leuiex

i dont know in what world vanes martirosyan is better than david lemuiex

and fuk all if ishe, foreman, zavek , delvin or gausha are better than willie monroe jr.

hes had two title defenses after beating andy lee, one being willie monroe jr and now leuiex

and fuk all if ishe, foreman, zavek , delvin or gausha are better than willie monroe jr.
Most people on here dont like lara

To be fair Lara has some greats on his resume even if he didn't win against them and BJS is seriously an asshole.

I am not a fan of either guy but at least Lara tries to fight some good fighters and doesn't make his child punch opponents in the nuts at the weigh in. That is just fucking ridiculous.

Well, Lara hasn't been actively avoiding the other top fighters in his division as Saunders has been doing since he won his belt. That's pretty much where it begins and ends as it's not like people here are massive fans of Lara.

Personally I don’t like either. I know who you’re talking about; tag their names.

because BJS is a massive cunt.

because BJS is a massive cunt.

Mostly I "like" posts because I concur with the sentiment, or they make me laugh or entertain me.

On this occasion, it's because I came here to type exactly this.

PS: As to what was being said up-thread about "Why Canada?", BJS is box office poison. Without a known-to-UK "name" he fights in leisure centres, whilst Lemieux draws 10k + in Canada.

PPS: I don't believe in any gods, but I pray to whatever's listening out there that Lemieux flattens the twat.

Tbh I think BJS will scrape through in a decision. He'll probably show up to the fight mentally/physically on level with the Andy Lee bout and manage to outbox Lemieux despite a few scares along the way.

I'm probably one of the only ones hoping BJS wins too, but it's mainly because I want GGG to come to the UK again.

Im not so sure he looked good vs washed up lee even, I honestly thought it was a draw. with 7-5 for LEE and then two knockdowns.
Also I'm not so sure his reigns has been more impressive than Stevensons. Stevenson at least had Bellew, BJS has nobody so far. David Lemieux is by far the best he's fought which is kind of sad.

Tbh I think BJS will scrape through in a decision. He'll probably show up to the fight mentally/physically on level with the Andy Lee bout and manage to outbox Lemieux despite a few scares along the way.

I'm probably one of the only ones hoping BJS wins too, but it's mainly because I want GGG to come to the UK again.
again he looked awful vs lee and won a CLOSE majority decision in his home town even with scoring knockdowns. if he comes in with that mind set t

Back