***Legendary Cutman, Jacob "Stitch" Duran SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for longtime MMA & Boxing Cutman, Stitch Duran! He will answer your questions LIVE on MONDAY the 8th of May at 5:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Stitch Duran is unquestionably one of the most well known & best Cutmen to ever work in professional fighting. He's worked all over the MMA world with organizations such as the UFC, WSOF & Bellator. In boxing he's most notably known for working on the Klitscho brothers & Andre Ward. Other notable fighters he's worked with range from the likes of Cain Velasquez, Mirko Cro Cop, Lyoto Machida, Forrest Griffin, Randy Couture, Georges St-Pierre, Chris Leben, Robbie Lawler & many, many others.

Stitch is also an author of two books! From the Field to the Garden: The Life of Stitch Duran (2010) & From the Field to the Garden II (2016).

stitch2.jpg

Stitch-Chan-Sung-Jung-Leonard-Garcia-UFN24-750x370.jpg

Follow him here:

Twitter: @StitchDuran
Instagram: stitchduran

Last edited by a moderator:
You have worked at some huge boxing events and ufc events.

Is there a difference in the atmosphere compared to ufc 100 in Vegas and a boxing match in Germany being the cutman of Wladimir Klitschko

Hey @Stitch Duran , GUI here! Thanks for accepting our Q&A! How's Bellator treating you? Are you guys coming to Atlanta anytime soon?

For the record, you are the nicest guy in the MMA world. You coming up between fights at the UFC in Georgia 2 years ago to say hi to me in the seats was remarkable! Been a huge fan ever since, and I always advocate that you are the nicest guy in the business!

You have worked at some huge boxing events and ufc events.

Is there a difference in the atmosphere compared to ufc 100 in Vegas and a boxing match in Germany being the cutman of Wladimir Klitschko
UFC shows are all awesome. The Klitschol fights in Germany where spectacular. The fight last Saturday in Wembley was off the charts. Thank

Welcome!!! What is the funniest thing a fighter has ever said while working on a cut?

Hey @Stitch Duran , GUI here! Thanks for accepting our Q&A! How's Bellator treating you? Are you guys coming to Atlanta anytime soon?

For the record, you are the nicest guy in the MMA world. You coming up between fights at the UFC in Georgia 2 years ago to say hi to me in the seats was remarkable! Been a huge fan ever since, and I always advocate that you are the nicest guy in the business!
Gui, your are an awesome guy also. Thank you for the hook up. Hope to be in your area soon<

How did you come up with Randa Markos' nickname? :D
It couldn't be more of a perfect fit!

What are the standard contents of your bag/supplies? Anything different from the norm, such as unique anti-coagulants or such?

How did you get started?

Welcome!!! What is the funniest thing a fighter has ever said while working on a cut?
Their are always special moments when I walk into the ring to work a cut. Mike Plyle made me laugh when he said, "when I saw you, I knew I had to fight". That he did!

@Stitch Duran Was the Forrest Griffin cut the toughest you ever worked on? I know for a fact he thanked you deeply as it saved him from having the fight stopped..awesome work!

How did you come up with Randa Markos' nickname? :D
It couldn't be more of a perfect fit!
That was easy. Through out the reality show, Marko was always quiet, until she entered the ring. The name fits her like a glove.

@Stitch Duran Was the Forrest Griffin cut the toughest you ever worked on? I know for a fact he thanked you deeply as it saved him from having the fight stopped..awesome work!
The cut on Forrest was huge and dangerous. Remember, it was the first time a Pride fighter fought a UFC fighter. That was definitely one of my best work on a cut. Forrest was gracious and sent me a certificate to a nice restaurant.

does your job still feel like a job? I mean you get a pretty sweet seat to the best fights!

Did you think Marco Rodriguez' character in Million Dollar Baby was based on you? I remember watching the movie and when they showed Hilary Swank's cutman, I was like...they're trying to pass him off as Stitch!

Hello from Brazil, Stitch! Just wanna say thank you for taking care of Shogun in that brutal fight with Dan Henderson at UFC 139... You work wonders :) ! Muchas Gracias!

What are the standard contents of your bag/supplies? Anything different from the norm, such as unique anti-coagulants or such?

How did you get started?
Got started when I was working with Kickboxers. I was a trainer, but liked the blood. The confessions has rules on what you can use. Adrenaline, Thrombin, Avitene and now, Qwick-Aid. You also have your vaseline, ice pack, end swells, towels to wipe the blood and water. Basic stuff, but effective.

Did you think Marco Rodriguez' character in Million Dollar Baby was based on you? I remember watching the movie and when they showed Hilary Swank's cutman, I was like...they're trying to pass him off as Stitch!
Have to watch the movie again, but I doubt it. I do think the actors playing the parts of cut men study what we do and make it part of their movie role.

Do you have any concerns about potentially losing your license for helping Adonis Johnson fake his vision and fool the ring doctors in his fight with Ricky Conlan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back