Leg-in Darce Choke

7even

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Has anyone ever submitted their sparring partner with this technique?

Last edited:
So what does the tap come from, the knee crushing the face, or just neck-crank ? I seriously doubt he's getting the corotid with the leg.

The answer is no, by the way. Never seen anyone catch any of this guy's stuff in sparring, let alone competition.

Seems to be a popular fella though.. !

So what does the tap come from, the knee crushing the face, or just neck-crank ? I seriously doubt he's getting the corotid with the leg.

The answer is no, by the way. Never seen anyone catch any of this guy's stuff in sparring, let alone competition.

Seems to be a popular fella though.. !

It kinda reminds me of cradle chokes; chokes don't actually completely stop peoples blood flow, and putting someone to sleep doesn't actually depend on completely physically occluding it, but that by impeding it it triggers the nervous reflex in the brain that its in trouble, and so goes to sleep to avoid damage from (expected) oxygen depravation. This can be accomplished by putting pressure on even just one side of the neck.

Last edited:
No offense but this is the definition of an "instagram move". Looks cool but is never going to be a high percentage thing we see. Also it sort of irks me because it's not actually a darce at all. It's more like a leg-in guillotine. What makes a darce a darce is the opponent's shoulder inside of the choke. The darce is an arm triangle and what's in this video isn't an arm triangle. And I've actually seen a leg-in darce by Bill Cooper (where the opponent's arm and leg was inside of his figure four grip) but that's not what this is. Also people have a hard enough time doing darces against people that are good at flaring their trapped arm. The leg is way stronger than the arm and the finishing mechanic (choke, crank, face smash) isn't super clear on this. I'm coming off like a hater and the move does look cool. I just don't see it ever getting much mileage.

yes but it is much harder and much less efficient.

Depends on what you mean by 'efficient'; if we suppose you have a strong and versatile hold that lets you control and advance position, and on top of that as an added bonus, lets you drain the life out of your opponent too, that sounds like a winner in my book.

Depends on what you mean by 'efficient'; if we suppose you have a strong and versatile hold that lets you control and advance position, and on top of that as an added bonus, lets you drain the life out of your opponent too, that sounds like a winner in my book.
by efficient i mean the efficiency of the choke to put someone to sleep. clearly the guy applying this 'leg in darce' is in a hugely advantageous position.

i replied to your comment that you can choke by blocking one side of the neck. it should be pretty obvious thats what im talking about.

by efficient i mean the efficiency of the choke to put someone to sleep. clearly the guy applying this 'leg in darce' is in a hugely advantageous position.

i replied to your comment that you can choke by blocking one side of the neck. it should be pretty obvious thats what im talking about.
Yeah I think you think this too but clearly as a reliable blood choke/strangle hold this "leg-in guillotine" (there has to be a darce in the first place to call something a leg-in darce) does not look like it would reliably put anyone to sleep.

I got you on that, but rather im inflating the topic and its the implied sentiment that i push back on since its a pet issue of mine.

Many folks like to say that efficient grappling is good grappling, which is fine enough, but too many have an isolated and superficial perception of efficiency in grappling, resulting in that common (and self-serving) perception that efficiency=low effort, rather than return on investment.

Last edited:
God I hate the BJJ after 40 guy...so much bull shit, so little substance.

God I hate the BJJ after 40 guy...so much bull shit, so little substance.

I was always bothered by him uploading glamour shots of himself with a slightly agape kissy mouth featuring a generic quote attributed to... him.
The techniques are pretty goofy. But I always figure he'd beat me up anyway.

Back