Left Hook is the best takedown - Michael Bisping

The Domin8or

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think that Mike Bisping was correct in that one . In one of their press conferences he was talking about how GSP will not stand with bisping and try to just wrestle him and he gave there a good quote which was Left Hook is the best takedown . GSP proved that to be true .

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

Another example of shit like this happened was when Faber was making fun of Dom's punching power

cruz-drops-faber-2.gif

636037938309117498-183722588_cruzdropsfaber.gif

I think that Mike Bisping was correct in that one . In one of their press conferences he was talking about how GSP will not stand with bisping and try to just wrestle him and he gave there a good quote which was Left Hook is the best takedown . GSP proved that to be true .

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

Another example of shit like this happened was when Faber was making fun of Dom's punching power

cruz-drops-faber-2.gif

636037938309117498-183722588_cruzdropsfaber.gif

Those who underestimate GSP's striking ability, do not remember his 3rd round vs Hendricks.
(Even though I think GSP only took 3rd and 5th rounds in that fight)

Reminder that Bisping was 38 in this fight and was finished in the first round by Gastelum about a month later.

I'd have to dissent. H-bomb seems to be a superior takedown.

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

Those who underestimate GSP's striking ability, do not remember his 3rd round vs Hendricks.
(Even though I think GSP only took 3rd and 5th rounds in that fight)
Yeah man GSP was also outstriking Hendricks but he was getting countered almost everytime he threw that leg kick
Reminder that Bisping was 38 in this fight and was finished in the first round by Gastelum about a month later.
Reminder that GSP was 36 in that fight and was coming of a 4 year layoff and was battling colitis while fighting for the first time in a heavier weight class .

Knockdown is not a takedown though.

Takedown is to secure ground control

If you knock someone down, you may not even need to bother with a follow up.

Watched UFC last night and when I saw Bisping grasp a football and throw it, I laughed my ass off and couldn't believe my eyes.Hes throws a football like a 15 year old female would and had the stones to say he played some pigskin back in college or something.

A bit out of leftfield but had to throw comment in.

38 year old...not like this 36 year old youngster SGP...

yeah but GSP never needed to do that - he just took advantage of a rare opportunity there. why play around trying to land a left hook when you can explode on someone and take them down whenever you want.

Yeah man GSP was also outstriking Hendricks but he was getting countered almost everytime he threw that leg kick

Reminder that GSP was 36 in that fight and was coming of a 4 year layoff and was battling colitis while fighting for the first time in a heavier weight class .

That's still two years younger than Bisping at an age range where fighters start to dramatically decline and Bisping was out for a year too and looked like crap in his first title defence.

it was GSP`s boxing coach Freddie Roach that told him Bisping is vulnerable to the left hook in a certain situation. He told it in in the corner... in the following round GSP dropped Bisping with the left hook.

Gastellum koed Bisping after that in a similar way.. with the left hook. He took the GSP fight as an example i think.

That's still two years younger than Bisping at an age range where fighters start to dramatically decline and Bisping was out for a year too and looked like crap in his first title defence.

Fighters do not start to decline in some specific age.
You can't pull this card any time it's comfortable for you, and compare 36 to 38 just because of the argument.

Fighters do not start to decline in some specific age.
You can't pull this card any time it's comfortable for you, and compare 36 to 38 just because of the argument.

Yes they do. Late 30s is well known to be an age range where most fighters start to fall off, especially ones with lots of miles on them like Bisping.

Yes they do. Late 30s is well known to be an age range where most fighters start to fall off, especially ones with lots of miles on them like Bisping.

So? That doesn't mean that 36 years old after a huge layoff has some sort of an advantage over an active fighter around his age.
That's retarded.

So? That doesn't mean that 36 years old after a huge layoff has some sort of an advantage over an active fighter around his age.
That's retarded.

They were both in their 30s but Bisping was closer to 40 while GSP was closer to 35. That is a pretty big advantage when you're both in your late 30s and again, Bisping looked like crap in his first title defence and had been out for a year.

They were both in their 30s but Bisping was closer to 40 while GSP was closer to 35. That is a pretty big advantage when you're both in your late 30s and again, Bisping looked like crap in his first title defence and had been out for a year.

Dude....4 freaking years...that's not just a hole in a schedule, that's complete cancellation of all related to MMA.
That cannot be even comparable.

And "closer to 35 closer to 40" is really ridiculous. They have 2 years age difference. 2 years. There is no menopause there and 37 is not some magical age of body destrucion.
You're grasping at straws.

Dude....4 freaking years...that's not just a hole in a schedule, that's complete cancellation of all related to MMA.
That cannot be even comparable.

And "closer to 35 closer to 40" is really ridiculous. They have 2 years age difference. 2 years. There is no menopause there and 37 is not some magical age of body destrucion.
You're grasping at straws.

Fighters start to decline dramatically in their late 30s. This isn't news to most people and Bisping was two years older than GSP around that age range and Bisping's performance against Henderson in his first title fight showed he was already declining. And how do you know GSP wasn't preparing for his match with Bisping just as much as Bisping was?

Back