Left hook help

I looked up Sinisters posts in that regard. It's a bit vague like he just is. basically he says the guys I named had naturally not straight backs and some compensated for it but they could sometimes get it right. Also I have to say there is a difference between their normal stance posture and how their postur eis while they punch. but I personally dont believe they actively try to have that osture during their punches but that they just punch as hard as they cna naturally and what happens happens.

But he also posted pics of Marciano nand here you can also clearly see that his shoulders are not artificially pulled back of they wouldn't be as far forward

"It's not about being in position TO punch, it's about being in position to deliver force, and both do that well-enough. But their postural limitations aren't on purpose. They have good posture for what their bodies are capable of. Both Louis and Golovkin compensate the same way, shifting forward further."

"What's interesting about most of the fighters you named with the exception of Marciano, is that they all had spinal curvature. Frazier, Wlad, Golovkin, all had curved shoulders, as did Louis. What that means is when they get old, they kind of develop a hump. Louis did and so did Frazier. Wlad and Golovkin likely will as well. Wlad has a very craned neck and that has a lot to do with his lack of punch-resistance and MIGHT have something to do with his clumsiness.

So it's not having a straight back that is problematic, it's more the question of "how straight can your back be with your chin down." If the answer is "not that straight" then you must compensate. Another thing those men have in common with the exception of Golovkin and Marciano is they've all been knocked out or hurt very badly in fights, and particularly by punches that jarred their necks. Guys who don't get knocked out or hurt badly, their necks don't move much. Marciano, he slouched somewhat in the ring, but he wasn't without the ability to conjure good posture:

marciano_charles_21-530x317.jpg

Rocky-Marciano-001.jpg

MV5BMjAzNDAwNDI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ0NzA2MDE@._V1_SY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

m-4002.jpg

4bedb62d3503c_163813n.jpg

Those aren't bad at all for a guy who made a career out of over-committing. Chin floats a little but typically remained behind the shoulder and not TOO far from the collarbone. Combine that with a head made of granite, and you have a guy known for being difficult to hurt. Shane Mosley also fit into this category, notorious stiff spine. Big power, difficult to hurt."

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/positioning-and-what-it-means-to-you-pt-1.2812983/page-2

And looking at Marciano I say it again it's good boxing posture not good posture in the sense that you should stand like that outside a boxing ring.

In a nutshell my opinion is that: 1. Yor shoudlers should be in a neutral position when punching you don't lead with them you lead with your arms and wherever they go they go because they have to move.

2. It's not about good posture in an everyday sense but about good posture as in your upper body being stiff and moving as one untio whichever position you feel the most firm and stable which usually won't be a horrible horrible posture unless you have really horrible posture in everyday life

Last edited:
Tommy Morrison had the best hook I've seen.

@PivotPunch ........ No sense in arguing semantics and to attempt to respond to your dissertation (some of which I agree) seems futile at this point. We'll simply have to agree to disagree. Your clearly very rigid in your beliefs and observations...... that I can respect and appreciate, whether or not I personally think it's nonsense. Cheers brotha!

@PivotPunch ........ No sense in arguing semantics and to attempt to respond to your dissertation (some of which I agree) seems futile at this point. We'll simply have to agree to disagree. Your clearly very rigid in your beliefs and observations...... that I can respect and appreciate, whether or not I personally think it's nonsense. Cheers brotha!

Passive-Aggressive lvl 5 increase detected

Back