Lee's chin is a problem

The 25 pound weight cut is the reason for it which increases chances of concussion, but if he was a pure middleweight, he would be tough as nails

OP is NUMBER ONE BULLSHIT .

Someone sounds upset he's wrong
well if i wanted to be a child and look for some form of pat on the back for being right....
i would say how he did miss weight and had to do a second weight check with no clothes on.
so no, i wasnt wrong.

He has a Rashad type of chin . Not too strong but good recovery . His reflexes will help him survive

I think Kevin Lee might actually be the best prospect in the division and the most interesting fight for Khabib.

Not really dude he took a spinning back kick from Edson and came back. I'd say his chin is pretty good.

The 25 pound weight cut is the reason for it which increases chances of concussion, but if he was a pure middleweight, he would be tough as nails

People seem to be ignoring him missing weight when talking about a title shot as well, the UFC are generally not too keen on giving title shots coming off of that.

Problem I think he has though is that I don't see him making a switch to WW as well as RDA who has the standup(in a division without much elite striking) to get over a size disadvantage, Lee without the size advantage on his wrestling I don't see being near the top of WW\(although ironically RDA would probably be one of his best elite matchups).

He recovers really well because he's in fantastic shape....

However I've seen him rocked, dropped, knocked out, or hurt a significant number of times now vs a number of different opponents.

Getting hit hard and hurt is one thing. But the number of times I've seen his equilibrium failing him after getting hit is concerning.

Theres certain things dominant champions have in common and one of them is a good chin.

Look at how often Lee gets rocked - when has something like this ever happened to Bones/Holloway/Khabib/Mcgregor?

It is ESSENTIAL as it is the difference between an 11 title defense streak and getting knocked out on the first. Also a lot of chinnyness comes down to how you hold your hands, head, roll with punches etc. and Lee just isn't there.

Tony gets rocked every fight, but he's on a 10 fight win streak and is the real LW champion.

It's only an issue once he loses

Aldo was a dominant champ with no chin, he just never got hit flush until Conor

Champs have to consistently make weight...
If I am not mistaken no UFC champ has ever missed weight (in the UFC) prior to becoming champ.

(Aka...no one who missed weight ever went on to be UFC champ)

I saw that posted on here and couldn't think of an example to the contrary.

Personally I think it has something to do with that champion's mentality of pushing through adversity and never settling for anything less than the desired outcome. I think the vast majority of times a guy doesn't make weight that, at least in part, it was a choice;

i.e. yes they felt like shit and their body was probably freaking out but I bet they could have shed that last pound or two if they really wanted to... and maybe also in part that they should have been more disciplined with their diet and more proactive with their cut.

Only people that have trained specifically in striking understand how to roll with punches.

It's 1 serious skill MMA is lacking in.
Anderson was the best at it in MMA. I
agree that more people need to do it

Aldo was a dominant champ with no chin, he just never got hit flush until Conor

It's quite clear you simply haven't watched Jose Aldo fight anyone other than Conor....

Now, let's be clear....Even attempting to defend your position is a losing proposition. Just accept the fact you have no idea what you're talking about.

Its actually widely accepted by scientists that brown gentlemen can absorb more punishment than us of lighter pigmentation

Theres certain things dominant champions have in common and one of them is a good chin.

Look at how often Lee gets rocked - when has something like this ever happened to Bones/Holloway/Khabib/Mcgregor?

Conor got rocked by pillow fisted Diaz, but Lee eats a Barboza spinning kick to the temple that almost killed Terry Etim and you're talking shit? Go fuck yourself.

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

Anderson was the best at it in MMA. I
agree that more people need to do it
AS was great at it. The way he stood there and let people throw at him and he'd turn his head with the punches dispersing the force was a thing of beauty.

Back