Lee vs Khabib will be boring

Lee is not a bad striker at all. He certainly is better at Khabib in the striking game and he finished Barboza and damaged him pretty well.
Statistically he's not a better striker. He's also been rocked and dropped many times. How exactly is he a better striker? He may look more orthodox, but Khabib is more efficient.

Bad striking from Khabib maybe, but Kevin's punches and kicks are competent enough to damage Edson Barboza severely.

I don’t see this as a viable match up. At best we will see a bad striking match, at worst they will hug eachother for 5 rounds. I don’t need to see that. Agree?
khabib's fights are always boring.

I don’t see this as a viable match up. At best we will see a bad striking match, at worst they will hug eachother for 5 rounds. I don’t need to see that. Agree?

If you don't want to see this fight then you aren't much of an MMA fan.

Could go either way I think. Both guys are great on top, which can lead to an underdeveloped bottom game, so it would be jnteinteres to see what happens if/when one takes the other down. On the other hand if both are able to defend the TD and it becomes a striking match I think whoever has the better gas tank will win.

Khabib is a bad striker, he outstrikes better strikers when they are gassed out from defending his TDs/fighting off their backs, but his technique is bad. Lee is a pretty decent striker, but if he gasses that will be a great equaliser.

Hopefully it will be a hugfest where they play with their toes n shit.

This would be a great fight really. Lee has sharp striking too. As cocky as he may be, he is a real student of the game and puts in the work. I think he looks good on the feet and obviously has a very good ground game. He beat the hell out of Edson just as bad as khabib did which I hate to say bc I really like Barbosa

Lee should never get another fight in the UFC. He’s a racist POS and needs banned.

Indeed yes..

Put them in with slow ass bantanweights, mix in some women and I will gladly pass that shit

Khabib will beat the shit out of Lee.

Often when two grapplers you get a great fight. I’m exciting for Khabib vs any top 5 and Lee the same

Lee beats him.

Khabib fan, but I'm a realist.

Khabib's striking is horrific, as is Tony Ferguson's (lightweight might be a little overrated at the moment)

A decent young striker is going to have multiple avenues for a knockout with Khabib's striking approach.

Mobility, athleticism, strength, solid wrestling base and slick boxing are the tools required to beat Khabib. Lee has these tools.

This fight will definitely be fun.

Khabib is probably just slightly stronger than Lee. Though Lee has a 7 inch reach advantage, his takedowns are one-dimensional, whereas Khabib is more well-versed. This means that Khabib will have an easier time stuffing Lee's takedowns b/c the setup is similar every time.

Also, Khabib is more of a pressure striker and has a more diverse arsenal of striking and better footwork than Lee. Lee however has the cleaner technique and the reach advantage to go with it.

My take on it: Khabib edges out Lee in the grappling, but both are so good at it that most of the fight will remain standing. Both Lee and Khabib are not too good at throwing combos, so with the reach advantage I favor Lee in the striking.

Lee vs Khabib is the obvious fight to make. If you arent interested then dont watch i guess.
I cant wait. a grappler like lee who can outstrike khabib. awesome.

Back