Lee Selby vs Josh Warrington

droolingliver

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone watching this?

It's just starting now at Elland Road (Leeds football ground ), with the Kaiser Chiefs doing local fighter Warrington's entrance music, who's going to try and take The Welshman Selby's IBF featherweight title.

3c1dac5bae52cc1f8125cbf66ef56797a6a509ab.png

You're not alone, I'm watching. Good scrap so far. Sadly won't be able to contribute much to this thread as I know bugger all about boxing but this looks like it could be a bit hectic.

What the hell is Selby doing?

Drawn onto a front foot slugfest which is the only way Warrington has a chance.

You're not alone, I'm watching. Good scrap so far. Sadly won't be able to contribute much to this thread as I know bugger all about boxing but this looks like it could be a bit hectic.

Ah. Hope you get into it. And yeah, this fight is great so far.

What the hell is Selby doing?

Drawn onto a front foot slugfest which is the only way Warrington has a chance.

I reckon he's thinking the cuts bad, so better try and KO him. Not working though. I got it 49-46 Warrington after 5.

Selby just getting smashed up.

I scored that 10-8 despite no knockdown. Warrington 59-54.

selby looks like a beaten man. Drained, beaten up.

These guys get killed by Frampton, Valdez, Leo Santa, Mares, Gary Russel, Jojo....

Warrington won by split decision. Controversial.

Selby 115-113, other two were 116-112 and 115-113 Warrington.

Selby was absolutely awful tonight. Warrington fought his heart out, but Selby played right into his hands.

Selby’s credentials shot to bits, Warrington loses badly to Frampton I suppose.

yup, Frampton would be a step too far

this is part of the problem with having this many titles, people now think Warrington is a genuine world champion

yup, Frampton would be a step too far

this is part of the problem with having this many titles, people now think Warrington is a genuine world champion
Who believes that?
This was a really fine win for him, but I think we all realize that he isn’t world class. Why can’t we enjoy a fight for what it is?

WIll frampton actually fight warrington? Thats a dumb fight. He should fight Valdez.

Selby had a real bad night and probably overlooked Warrington. I wouldn't mind seeing Frampton beat Warrington though to be honest.

That said it's unlikely Warrington will be ready in time for Frampton's next August date.

Warrington buoyed by the crowd seemed impervious to Selby's shots and timed him all night.
I lost a little cash but fuck it, was a great fight.

Back