Lee reminds me of GSP

Exactly. Stick to Sherdog, glassjaw, it’s safer to spout off.

Does Amazon accept food stamps?
Even worse than gutless. You're boring. See you out there.

<puh-lease75>

Lee should hit his next opponent with his groin

That was a great line from Jackson

Here’s another one. During GSP vs Shields. GSP caught what seemed to be just a glove to the open eye. As bad as a bad poke ( It was definitely not a poke though ). But it obviously scratched his eyeball. He couldn’t even see out of his left eye at all. He tells that to Jackson after the round.

Jackson says...

“ doesn’t matter. You’ve got one eye, you’re fine “

That was a great line from Jackson

Here’s another one. During GSP vs Shields. GSP caught what seemed to be just a glove to the open eye. As bad as a bad poke ( It was definitely not a poke though ). But it obviously scratched his eyeball. He couldn’t even see out of his left eye at all. He tells that to Jackson after the round.

Jackson says...

“ doesn’t matter. You’ve got one eye, you’re fine “
You’re not from the band SpaceLord are you? From Buffalo?

You’re not from the band SpaceLord are you? From Buffalo?

No, but I was a drummer in a Canadian professional band that played only our own original rock music, back in the day.

I just really like the song Space Lord from Monster Magnet.

No, but I was a drummer in a Canadian professional band that played only our own original rock music, back in the day.

I just really like the song Space Lord from Monster Magnet.
aha

Remember you talking about being backstage and whatnot

Cheers

Obviously he's not as polished as GSP yet, but his athleticism, his timing on his takedowns and his shots on his takedowns, his ground work, the fact that he has an insane reach for his height, all that while always improving his stand up game. The way his game is fleshing out reminds me a lot of GSP. Georges has a lot more tricks in his bag as of right now, especially on the feet, but Lee's game seems to be largely modeled after GSP's game. Anyone else see the resemblance between their styles?

No doubt about it, this is a smart observation.

I found it hard to criticize anything about Georges game, he had a high skill level at absolutely everything and he was constantly improving with small refinements. Kevin seems to be competent-to-great at everything, improving each fight and showing a lot of athleticism.

IMO what really set Georges apart though was his professionalism. The guy was a consummate professional. He approached every fight with a very specific plan and he had some of the highest fight IQ we've ever seen in MMA.

Kevin is lacking in that department still, or at least compared to an all-time great, but that too may come with time and experience.

No doubt about it, this is a smart observation.

I found it hard to criticize anything about Georges game, he had a high skill level at absolutely everything and he was constantly improving with small refinements. Kevin seems to be competent-to-great at everything, improving each fight and showing a lot of athleticism.

IMO what really set Georges apart though was his professionalism. The guy was a consummate professional. He approached every fight with a very specific plan and he had some of the highest fight IQ we've ever seen in MMA.

Kevin is lacking in that department still, or at least compared to an all-time great, but that too may come with time and experience.

I can't think of a fighter in the world who knew how to prepare for a fight better than GSP. He was a true professional about his preparation for sure.

Obviously he's not as polished as GSP yet, but his athleticism, his timing on his takedowns and his shots on his takedowns, his ground work, the fact that he has an insane reach for his height, all that while always improving his stand up game. The way his game is fleshing out reminds me a lot of GSP. Georges has a lot more tricks in his bag as of right now, especially on the feet, but Lee's game seems to be largely modeled after GSP's game. Anyone else see the resemblance between their styles?

Phillipe Nover reminds me of GSP

How exactly has the game evolved since GSP's time?

Did they invent a new kick we've never seen before? A new way to take people down?
I guess if you know, you know

apologies to the keyboard warriors

Lee has that potential. It really is a matter of the mind mostly. Not too many people could have the same mindset as GSP. As much as GSP was always nervous, worried, and lacked a strong personality, the always knowing what to do no matter what happens in a fight.... that was brilliant. Lee recovering from that chicken dance was a pretty good start.

I think his reach statistic is a bit overblown.

Yeah he definitely adopted GSP's training philosophy. Not a bad guy to model your MMA career after. The strange thing about Lee is I feel like he's still improving a lot. Maybe not like a green fighter. But it's noticeable from fight to fight. Like Max Holloway.

Theres a comparison there. But Lee relies way too much on his muscle and doesn't have as polished of a top game imo.

Getting TKOd like a man > Tapping To strikes to a LW journeyman

Back