Lee reminds me of GSP

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Obviously he's not as polished as GSP yet, but his athleticism, his timing on his takedowns and his shots on his takedowns, his ground work, the fact that he has an insane reach for his height, all that while always improving his stand up game. The way his game is fleshing out reminds me a lot of GSP. Georges has a lot more tricks in his bag as of right now, especially on the feet, but Lee's game seems to be largely modeled after GSP's game. Anyone else see the resemblance between their styles?

Last edited:
GSP was his favorite fighter or something, no coincidence. He already has much more devastating ground and pound and similarly good control from top position.

GSP was his favorite fighter or something, no coincidence. He already has much more devastating ground and pound and similarly good control from top position.

I don't know about that. I've seen GSP beat the shit out of people on the ground many times, and his opponents were much better grapplers than Barboza.

I watched a segment of Kevin Lee on Rogan's show and he said something like GSP vs. BJ got Kevin into MMA and he was impressed by the GSP overall game.

From the podcast appearances I listened to, sounds like Kevin Lee has his head screwed on straight and a guy with the mental and the physical is more likely to succeed than an immature crackhead.

I wanted to like Lee but it's impossible for me.

GPS is a karate guy. Kevin is a kung fu guy.

GSP is way more well rounded and way more smart in his approach.

Don't know maybe with some more fights and experience he will be able to mix it all better and effortless but his not there yet.. then again GSP is special so yea.

Just because they are both black.. racist mother fucker

Lee's striking is getting there. GSP is a striker who mastered wrestling. Lee is a wrestler who will master striking. Just wait and watch.

Minus the charisma and everything else that GSP embodies.

Back