LeBron James to Trump: "U Bum. Going to the White House was a great honor until you showed up."

Haha yeah the point in patriotism and nation-state nationalism is unity in the context of a nation. They are referring to unity of a different sort.

Like I said I haven't been paying attention, but if it is the standard MO of Oligarchical pushes it is actually unity towards the largely synthetic 'revolution' movement.
Maybe that's what they meant. I don't know. I just haven't figured it out. They put up speeches by player, coaches, former coaches, twitter from family supporting their sons kneeling for the anthem. Even to nice background music. It was weird and noticeable that they all said the same thing. It was the most orchestrated thing I've ever seen in a while.

Are they profiting off of poor kids buying shoes they can't afford yes or no? Is Lebron James profiting off of poor kids buying shoes they can't afford?

Nike is not responsible for the choices consumers make to buy their product. That line of reasoning is akin to saying Mcdonalds is at fault because I killed myself eating the dollar menu every day.

Maybe that's what they meant. I don't know. I just haven't figured it out. They put up speeches by player, coaches, former coaches, twitter from family supporting their sons kneeling for the anthem. Even to nice background music. It was weird and noticeable that they all said the same thing. It was the most orchestrated thing I've ever seen in a while.

If it has really gone that far and they are doing the PR 'blitz', then yeah it is most likely contrived and is a top down thing.

Lool the man who had weeks long beef with rosie and was booking daily segments with fox to talk about how fat, ugly and she should be careful as he can send wonen who can take her wife away from her is above this? The man will 100% respond
Are you talking about Rosie O'Donnell, who was attacking Trump's autistic son? You think Trump was being petty for defending his son? I don't see it.

I think politicians should stay out of the entertainment industry and not be surprised when celebrities respond...

Oh, I generally agree. I think George W. Bush was much more magnanimous when Manny Ramirez didn't show up (Manny famously hated Bush). The team made the excuse that he was visiting his family when his grandmother died. When the Red Sox won again in 2007 Manny didn't come a second time. W. is reportedly joked that he was sorry to hear that Manny's grandmother died again.

But if actors and rock stars and pro athletes have any real cultural influence, and what thy say really matters, than they will get return fire.

Trump supporters are now gonna boycott the nba.....like thesr fuckers follow the nba lol

Haha another celebrity that thinks his opinion holds weight.

Love it!

Nike is not responsible for the choices consumers make to buy their product. That line of reasoning is akin to saying Mcdonalds is at fault because I killed myself eating the dollar menu every day.
Yeah that's right, but McDonalds would be hypocritical if they started lecturing people on the dangers of obesity.

Haha another celebrity that thinks his opinion holds weight.

Love it!
America has a former celebrity as a president.....and kid rock thinks his opinion matters too...... .

Oh wait!!!! They are conservatives!!! Nevermind....

not even debating the reason he tweeted it, I wonder how the same people who applaud this tweet would have reacted had a player done that same tweet to Obama? Let me guess...."he's racist!"

I think the obvious risk for Trump here is that he further politically isolates himself and rallies his opponents. That certainly happened to some extent both in the NBA and the NFL this weekend.

I think think the obvious upside for Trump is that he has #theResistance opposing him by opposing the National Anthem. I think this might be Trump's true political talent, a sort of visceral, instinctive populism that somehow is always underestimated by his opponents. Does anyone really think that more protests against the US anthem will hurt Trump politically? I'm not so certain.

Another possible benefit is that celebrities, who have been vocal in their support of leftist causes, now become actually involved in the political mudslinging and hurt their own brands. This to me is part of Trump's MO. He wants you to engage him in this kind of ugly back and forth. He thinks it will hurt you more than it will hurt him.

You can't honestly tell me that you can't picture a version of a Trump statement supporting the kneeling protests if it was his most popular move to make

I think the obvious risk for Trump here is that he further politically isolates himself and rallies his opponents. That certainly happened to some extent both in the NBA and the NFL this weekend.

I think think the obvious upside for Trump is that he has #theResistance opposing him by opposing the National Anthem. I think this might be Trump's true political talent, a sort of visceral, instinctive populism that somehow is always underestimated by his opponents. Does anyone really think that more protests against the US anthem will hurt Trump politically? I'm not so certain.

Another possible benefit is that celebrities, who have been vocal in their support of leftist causes, now become actually involved in the political mudslinging and hurt their own brands. This to me is part of Trump's MO. He wants you to engage him in this kind of ugly back and forth. He thinks it will hurt you more than it will hurt him.
Trump always has won these things once the dust settles. I think he wins this again. NFL and NBA attendance should be interesting this year.

Now to your first paragraph. Everyone underestimates the silent Trump movement. Every hard working American just trying to raise a family who loves this country, is tired of leftist PC crap, tired of hearing that we are racists loves what Trump is saying here. Trump doesn't say it like most, all polished. Trump is Trump. That's why he resonates.

I admire Trump and his courage to address steph curry talking about him. Trump is no racist like he is insinuated to be by members of the Golden State Warriors. And many people are tired of the kneeling of the national anthem.

Trump is the only man alive that would confront the leftists. We need this confronted after 8 years of Obama.

Trump is merely responding to racists who hate America.
Stop trolling

Lebron James is a better person, better role model and better representation of America in every conceivable, measurable facet. He would almost certainly beat trump if he decided to run next election, too.

Trump always has won these things once the dust settles. I think he wins this again. NFL and NBA attendance should be interesting this year.

Now to your first paragraph. Everyone underestimates the silent Trump movement. Every hard working American just trying to raise a family who loves this country, is tired of leftist PC crap, tired of hearing that we are racists loves what Trump is saying here. Trump doesn't say it like most, all polished. Trump is Trump. That's why he resonates.

I admire Trump and his courage to address steph curry talking about him. Trump is no racist like he is insinuated to be by members of the Golden State Warriors. And many people are tired of the kneeling of the national anthem.

Trump is the only man alive that would confront the leftists. We need this confronted after 8 years of Obama.
I don't think its a case of trump "winning" anything. I don't think Trump is really that popular. Most conservatives just see him as the lesser of 2 evils. And while his actions may be liked or not by the right, what the left is doing is certainly strengthening their stance against them. Ultimately it is just proving to the right that they better stand strong or these idiots on the left will take control again and that will get more scary as time goes on.

Back