LeBron James to Trump: "U Bum. Going to the White House was a great honor until you showed up."

I do feel angry for real injustices when they happen. The problem is that there is entire industry of activists, politicians, media, and cultural elites who are engaged in a shakedown operation in the name of everyone who isn't a straight white male. Everyone else is a perpetual victim, and straight white males are eternally the villain who is oppressing them.

Good to hear the first part of your reply, the second part is harder for me too judge as I don't live in the US. I'm sure many love the victim role and love blaming all their woes on the white. They distract from the real issues at hand, as does Fox News from the other side.

I just hope one day the real enemy is clear and present for all to see (the top 1%) and the race boundaries are finally passed.

So instead of opening your mind to my view you accuse me of being a trump supporter, I never voted trump and never supported him, im a black democrat who grew up in Oakland

You are close minded.
There is no "opening your mind" to people who are being intellectually dishonest, and willfully ignoring facts.

Also, please drop the whole pretending to be black thing. No one believes you are a "black democrat from "Oakland"

Are we really to the point of comparing millionaires taking a knee before playing a game, to risking injury or even death just for taking a seat? Give me a break. There's no comparing some of the most privileged men to have ever lived showing solidarity to a vague cause and a 3rd class citizen wanting equal rights.
To be clear, I'm not comparing their circumstances, of course there are obvious differences. In no way am i comparing what Rosa Parks had to endure to the racism that anyone, least of all an NBA player, suffers today.

Just pointing out that sitting down can make a difference! And there's nothing wrong with exercising your right to protest, except in the land of the free it seem. Seems Trump and others are more passionate about the national anthem (well Trump just cares about the votes from his core base) than about improving the nation for all it's citizens.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about free speech. Lebron, Kapernick, Curry, and whomever else can say whatever they want (within limits). But the president also has free speech. There are bigger implications to the things that he says and he should be more mindful of that. However he does have the right to respond.

We have to remember that President Trump hasn't changed one bit from the Trump that ran for president. Are we really surprised?

There's more to patriotism than the national anthem. Patriotism isn't about one song, it's about supporting your country, highlighting issues and trying to force change for the good.

But I'm not surprised by the actions of a leader who doesnt pay tax and who skipped military service with a dodgy medical exemption.
While I don't think people should be fired for expressing their opinion or by protesting legitimately (I assume you dont either?), this is coming from the President of the United States, not just some 'leftist'. Or do you hold the two by the same standards?

As leader, wouldn't it be better for Trump to address the issue of why this protest is happening, rather than just chastise Americans for standing up (or in this case not standing up...) for trying to improve things (which is actually showing more patriotism than those people that want to fire them and who would prefer the status quo).
I agree the president should be more careful with the words that he uses, but he is still a citizen with opinions. He can express them as freely as anyone else.

I don't understand how kneeling during the national anthem is supposed to improve anything. There are a lot of issues that plague black communities that are not mentioned because of this celebrity nonsense. 90% of black athletes are products of single mother households and we almost never discuss it. Lebron is a prime example.

Let's not mention Trump's taxes when you mean income taxes. I'm pretty sure you take your standard deduction or itemize as well.

Sort of like how the right was still angry about President Obama and never got over it the entire 8 years he was in office.

Except President Obama wasn't a petty, ignorant con artist undeserving of the position.

President Obama didn't spread racist lies about the birthplace of former presidents.

President Obama never filed bankruptcy.

President Obama wasn't black listed by American lenders because he couldn't be trusted to pay back his loans.

President Obama doesn't have shady connections to criminal organizations

President Obama doesn't owe millions of dollars to Russians.

President Obama didn't start a scam university to steal money from desperate people.

President Obama didn't lose the popular vote despite winning by a slim majority in swing states most likely because of Russian interference.

President Obama never lied to escape the draft and his duty to the nation.

President Obama never insulted a POW.

President Obama never degraded women.

President Obama never degraded his political opponents with vicious personal attacks.

President Obama never took credit for the successes of his predecessor.

Seriously the fact that you can't see the blatant hypocrisy is almost shocking. It's only not shocking because I'm used to your hypocrisy by now.

President Obama had several failings during his time in phone. Nowhere near a perfect President. But at least he wasn't a piece of shit human being on top of it. Not only is President Trump an absolute failure in office, he's a trashy, hateful, and petty con artist.
Every bit of this

Trump's starting to annoy me tbh. I dont care if you stand, knee, stretch, or whatever during the anthem. You have that right as an American, but I think "kneeling" to fight against black oppression is a lost cause. I dont see how disrespecting our military by kneeing is somehow suppose to fight that? How many knees does it take to end oppression? At this point these players are so mad at Trump they're willing to fling shit at people that don't deserve it.
Trump did what a few kneeling players couldn't: being a huge amount of attention to, and sympathy for, the cause.
He walked right into it like a fucking idiot.

How many are dead beat dads.

They can have a voice sure

But don't be surprised when citizens get upset
I don't know how many, you tell me

They're not surprised citizens are upset

LeBron was directing his message to Trump

Sort of like how the right was still angry about President Obama and never got over it the entire 8 years he was in office.

Except President Obama wasn't a petty, ignorant con artist undeserving of the position.

President Obama didn't spread racist lies about the birthplace of former presidents.

President Obama never filed bankruptcy.

President Obama wasn't black listed by American lenders because he couldn't be trusted to pay back his loans.

President Obama doesn't have shady connections to criminal organizations

President Obama doesn't owe millions of dollars to Russians.

President Obama didn't start a scam university to steal money from desperate people.

President Obama didn't lose the popular vote despite winning by a slim majority in swing states most likely because of Russian interference.

President Obama never lied to escape the draft and his duty to the nation.

President Obama never insulted a POW.

President Obama never degraded women.

President Obama never degraded his political opponents with vicious personal attacks.

President Obama never took credit for the successes of his predecessor.

Seriously the fact that you can't see the blatant hypocrisy is almost shocking. It's only not shocking because I'm used to your hypocrisy by now.

President Obama had several failings during his time in phone. Nowhere near a perfect President. But at least he wasn't a piece of shit human being on top of it. Not only is President Trump an absolute failure in office, he's a trashy, hateful, and petty con artist.
This thread is not about Barack Hussein Obama.

They all did the game of thrones thing and bent the knee of Trump

Trump did what a few kneeling players couldn't: being a huge amount of attention to, and sympathy for, the cause.

What cause would that be? The right to kneel during the anthem?

Few even remember or care what Kap was originally protesting.

What cause would that be? The right to kneel during the anthem?

Few even remember or care what Kap was originally protesting.
I think he was kneeling to protest police brutality toward African American citizens.

I didn't ever pay attention to his reason for it so I'm guessing

I think he was kneeling to protest police brutality toward African American citizens.

That was the original intention, but since the form of protest was so short sighted, it's morphed into something completely different. The original cause has been lost. First it turned into a discussion on whether or not the NFL was blackballing Kap. Now it's simply about Trump, the right to protest, and whether or not kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful.

Nobody is discussing police brutality, and all the protests are doing is making people angry on all sides. It's like when you get into heated argument with someone over one thing, that morphs into 900 other things, and by the end, you're both like "Wait. What the hell were we even talking about?"

That was the original intention, but since the form of protest was so short sighted, it's morphed into something completely different. The original cause has been lost. First it turned into a discussion on whether or not the NFL was blackballing Kap. Now it's simply about Trump, the right to protest
It's BOTH, now. They're synonymous, now, because Donald Trump couldn't keep his big mouth shut, AGAIN.

My buddy thinks this is an intentional distraction from the snowballing scandal but nobody is that dumb

It's BOTH, now. They're synonymous, now, because Donald Trump couldn't keep his big mouth shut, AGAIN.

My buddy thinks this is an intentional distraction from the snowballing scandal but nobody is that dumb

It's not both. None of these outlets reporting on the story are focusing on police brutality against minorities. It's Trump, the NFL, and the anthem. That's it.

Even before Trump commented, few gave a shit about what Kap was protesting, and instead focused on whether or not he was being disrespectful. Why? Because he ignorantly chose an irresponsible way to protest.

America be raciss n sheeeet.

cryinglebron.gif
Thank you for proving the opposite of your point with this, it makes things much easier for the rest of us.

I don't know how many, you tell me

They're not surprised citizens are upset

LeBron was directing his message to Trump

LeBron the guy accused of rape
I'd say more then half are dead beat dads

Back