LeBron James to Trump: "U Bum. Going to the White House was a great honor until you showed up."

who cares about what LeBron thinks about politics lol

see, you say that, but that just makes it more stupid that you used the wrong initials.
You're a dumbass. I'm not badmouthing the NBA, just Lebron. And I'm badmouthing the NFL.

The flag and the military are NOT a package deal. The military doesn't own the goddamn flag just because they worship it.

Do you think there is a number of knees, or an equation that could be worked out that would tell us how long and how many people would have to kneel to affect change?
There isn't. People protest and talk and do shit until change happens.

The players are NOT "flinging shit" at the military. People that are getting offended are wrongly, and idiotically trying to own something that isn't theirs. The protest has nothing to do with the military, and you have Trump and others acting like it is
It is a protest towards the government and its leader . It is ridiculous that people are incapable of understanding something so goddamn simple
You missed the sarcasm. Kneeing isnt doing a damn thing, kind of like during the Paris attacks people put a France flag on their Facebooks. This is more of the same lost cause. Making millions and taking a knee for "oppression" isnt helping whatsoever. In fact, there isnt any oppression actually going on. Theres 0 laws that are discriminatory in nature. The only argument is that people are inherently "racist" and that argument does nothing. At the end of the day, the shit flinging over Trump is a lost cause and is actually hurting them more than helping. The protest is about blacks being oppressed and it turned into a shit flinging fest towards Trump. I have no problems with this at all either, just think its misguided. I actually respect players like Marshawn Lynch that actually contribute something to these communties instead of kneeing for attention like most of the players. If you're going to knee for injustice and oppression, you should probably actually put the effort and actually contribute instead of being a sideliner and complaining.

Last edited:
trump-nascar-tweet-fox59.jpg

Earnhardt.png

I think he's just taking up for Steph Curry. Curry's pretty classy and I wouldn't expect to see him speak anymore than he already has about the invitation.
Well Lebron is obviously ticked. He called Trump a bum. Trump didn't do anything wrong here. Neither did Curry, he doesn't really want to meet Trump either.

btw- I think Labron meant to say that you can't un-invite someone that isn't coming. Sort of like firing a guy that just quit.
Curry, who I sorta like, has been going around saying he probably isn't going. Trump saw him say it again on Friday and just ended that talk as he ended the invitation.

I would love to see the NFL and NBA survive with USADA testing. A bunch of rich roided out dudes complaining about stuff they can't even statistically back up.

If you were alive in the 50's you'd probably just say Rosa Parks did nothing but sit on her arse.

Brining further attention to an issue is being productive.
Are we really to the point of comparing millionaires taking a knee before playing a game, to risking injury or even death just for taking a seat? Give me a break. There's no comparing some of the most privileged men to have ever lived showing solidarity to a vague cause and a 3rd class citizen wanting equal rights.

I prefer James Woods' tweet from earlier today:

James Woods
@RealJamesWoods

There is not a single law in America that treats people differently by color, race, creed, or national origin. Not one. #StandUp
3:20 PM - 24 Sep 2017

welllll c'mon now. you, and woods, both know that this isnt what blm and the like are claiming.

they claim that people of color are held to the same laws, but in different ways. punishments for crack vs. cocaine, for example. punishments for similar crimes tend to be tougher on people of color. higher rates of execution etc etc they also believe that cops shoot people of color more, because they are racists. there is likely some truth to that, as well as some degree of nonsense.

to me though, i think lebron and trump are both out of line. i dont like to see role models and/or national leaders speaking to each other like teenagers do on the bus. SAD!

Are we really to the point of comparing millionaires taking a knee before playing a game, to risking injury or even death just for taking a seat? Give me a break. There's no comparing some of the most privileged men to have ever lived showing solidarity to a vague cause and a 3rd class citizen wanting equal rights.

The bolded is particularly spot on (in describing the problem with all of this). The rest was good too.

Well Lebron is obviously ticked. He called Trump a bum. Trump didn't do anything wrong here. Neither did Curry, he doesn't really want to meet Trump either.

Curry, who I sorta like, has been going around saying he probably isn't going. Trump saw him say it again on Friday and just ended that talk as he ended the invitation.

Curry said a few months ago someone asked him and he said he probably wouldn't go. When asked about it recently he said he still felt that way, but that the team would have a meeting about it.

Curry is good people; the whole family - I worked with his uncle and cousin. Somewhere here in my junked up office I have a pic of him and his cousins as children.

I agree that there isn't a comparison, but how many times are athletes accused of getting paid and then not using their platform to help their communities.

If nothing else it shows a solidarity with the little guy.

I think Trump should not lower himself to bicker with pro athletes.

I also think pro athletes who want to play politics should not be surprised when politicians respond.
If the politicians respond, they actually are giving the athletes what they want. Recognition from the top dog is society. Trump does not seem to understand that.
Yes. What is batshit crazy are millionaire athletes trashing the country that makes their great lives possible.

I'm not a fan of Trump getting involved, but he represents a lot of Americans who are tired of these brats trying to shame us for being American and white. And lets be clear, while there are many non-white fans, these guys are laying a trip on the white segment of the audience. They are living far better lives than most of us but these ungrateful pricks want us to feel guilty to what happened to some other black guy.
The concept is called solidarity, and unforunately it does not seem to cross racial boundaries. Why would you feel guilty for a cop (whatever colour he might be) shooting a black unarmed innocent guy? Why would you not feel angry at the injustice?

Curry said a few months ago someone asked him and he said he probably wouldn't go. When asked about it recently he said he still felt that way, but that the team would have a meeting about it.

Curry is good people; the whole family - I worked with his uncle and cousin. Somewhere here in my junked up office I have a pic of him and his cousins as children.
That's cool.

I don't hate Curry. I think he's a good guy. He doesn't like Trump and that's ok. And IMO, there's nothing wrong with Trump ending the invitation cause obviously Curry isn't thrilled or comfortable about going to meet Trump anyway. I understand that. I don't think I would have gone to the Obama white house if I won a championship.

I agree that there isn't a comparison, but how many times are athletes accused of getting paid and then not using their platform to help their communities.

While it's not exactly puting their money where their mouth is, at least it's something.

The above blanket statement isn't true in all cases of course.

That's a solid point and it's been made before and should be made again. When they say nothing, athletes get lambasted for not using their platforms. But when they use their platform, they get lambasted for using it on an issue that matters to them.

What the Kaepernick thing really highlighted is the lip service people are paying to these larger things. Not police brutality or anything like that. But the larger issue of who is allowed to say what and when they are allowed to say it.

The idea of protest isn't worth very much if the act of protest is only championed when it doesn't make people uncomfortable. The entire point of protesting something is to draw attention to it, to force it into the public space. The protest itself solves nothing...it's not meant to. The conversations that follow the protest are where the solutions should arise.

People can disagree with the issues Kaepernick thinks are worth protesting but I can't understand people disagreeing with the idea of him choosing to protest in whatever manner he prefers. So long as protesters break no laws, we should support their right to do so with the same zeal that we support the 2nd Amendment.

They are 2 sides of the same coin. A populace that is unhappy with government action and wants to preserve the right to challenge that government. Whether you do it with guns or you do it by kneeling, the theme of citizens vs. government remains the same.

Actors and athletes should not be taken serious.

They are spoiled and overpaid.

They don't work, they do what kids do in gym class.

Gooddamn Trump is one stupid mofo. He is behaving like a spoiled six year old brat, not the Potus. Trump is like and older, fatter and whiter version of rocketman Kim.

I haven't been following this latest silly kneeling for the anthem thing in sports, but as cultural Marxism (which is very anti-nationalism) is pushed from Oligarchy, as is BLM as a subset of that, it is very likely that the Oligarchical owners of the NFL are playing a little helping hand and that this whole thing is largely contrived.

Pardon my confusion but why would members of an "oligarchy" want to push Marxism and risk the status quo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back