Least padded record in MMA?

Hotora86

war in the ring, never outside
Platinum Member
Reaction score
By "least padded" I mean "containing the least amount of cans", basically a complete record comprised of solid fighters throughout. Discussing current or former UFC fighters but looking at their ENTIRE CAREER.

My pick: Lyoto Machida (yes, I'm a biased fan)

Let's have a closer look at his record (very subjective):

upload_2018-8-28_17-15-44.png
Note: I marked Sokoudjou as "decent" but at the time he was super hyped and a betting favorite.

That's only TWO cans in 32 fights (6%)!
25 fight streak against non-cans!
13 fights (40%) against UFC/PRIDE champs!

You got anyone who can beat that?

I mean a current or former UFC fighter's FULL RECORD. Picking a least padded record in the UFC stint alone would be near impossible since the UFC barely has any cans. Sorry, thread title may have been a bit misleading to some.

EDIT 3: BEST FIGHTERS (least padded records) I've found through this discussion:
  1. GSP: NO CANS in 28 fights!
  2. DC: NO CANS in 23 fights!
  3. BJ Penn: ONE can in 30 fights (3,33%)
  4. Rashad Evans: ONE can in 28 fights (3,57%)
  5. Mark Hunt: ONE can in 27 fights (3,70%)
Honorable mentions (no cans but no greats either):
- Amir Sadollah
- Matt Riddle

Last edited:
artem's

Artem-Lobov-w-Hammer.jpg

Can just hear Joe Rogan in the back of my mind. "Fighter X has been through murderers row to get here"

Gotta be Dan Henderson.

Looking at his record, Tim Boetsch is far and away the worst opponent he faced in the UFC. After that is is probably Palhares. He constantly faced top level guys.

Brock Lesnar. Has fought only one poor fighter in his whole career, and it was his debut.

I think Robby Lawler needs to be in this conversation

Dude has a looooong record all fights tough.

Dan Henderson faced the best competition overall, I don't think it is disputable. Plus he was supposed to face Jones, which he eventually did in a grappling match.

As for the hardest average fights in MMA, then it's Yuji Nagata by far : getting raped by CroCop on your debut, then getting murdered on your second and last fight ever by Fedor. His whole MMA career is about a minute and a half of pure pain.

Gotta be Dan Henderson.

Looking at his record, Tim Boetsch is far and away the worst opponent he faced in the UFC. After that is is probably Palhares. He constantly faced top level guys.
I meant an overall fighter's record. Thread title may be a bit misleading, my bad.

Picking a "least padded" record in the UFC stint alone would be near impossible since the UFC barely has any cans.

By "least padded" I mean "containing the least amount of cans", basically a record comprised of solid fighters throughout. I'm looking at former or current UFC fighters.

My pick: Lyoto Machida (yes, I'm a biased fan)

Let's have a closer look at his record (very subjective):

View attachment 428195
Note: I marked Sokoudjou as "decent" but at the time he was super hyped and a betting favorite.

That's only TWO cans in 32 fights (6%)!
25 fight streak against non-cans!
13 fights (40%) against UFC/PRIDE champs!

You got anyone who can beat that?

EDIT: I mean a current or former UFC fighter's FULL RECORD. Picking a least padded record in the UFC stint alone would be near impossible since the UFC barely has any cans.

Change Sam hoger to a can for God's sake. That's not a decent win by any measure.

Back