Least favorite commentator.

Teddy Atlas but he got the boot and is too busy crying about to cover fights live anymore.

Probably Lampley or Kellerman. Not because I don't like them, I just find them the least credible from their comments.

Personally prefer the pros and former pros on the mic more than anything. Roy Jones saves the HBO team dynamic for example for me. Keeps them in check.

Stephen A Smith and John Anik for MMA

i like HBO's crew. they can be really biased, but they are entertaining and make the fights more interesting to me.

ranallo can be cool, or he can be way over the top.

stephen a smith can burn in hell. he is everything that is wrong with sports media.

Stephan a smith joe rogan and teddy atlas in no particular order.

If rogan stopped getting blazed before picking up a mic I’d allow it.

Most of the proponents of prizefighting (in opposition to the sweet-science or efficient boxing) are certainly damaging this combat sport, for they just prioritize rating and profit margins by attracting and entertaining the casual, less knowledgeable audience...
Prizefighting is an old concept that best describes the disparate matches in early XX century or before. Back then, weight classes were deficiently defined, ranking system were practically inexisting, fighters had limited access to, or could barely afford, poor training facilities and archaic methodlogies available, and on top of resulting ill preparation, they fought 15 or more rounds against a more experienced, telented/gifted opponents supported by some manaager and/or promoter who was only trying to put a toughman show. No wonder KOs were so abundand back then.
And not to my surprise, old-timers like Lederman and Hampley put all their efforts in reviving this archaic term... And that is fine, except when they begin criticizing even elite boxers for being defensive or having not KO'ed someone lately. They classified as definsive fighter boxers like RJJ, Dela Hoya, etc., in a quasi derogative manner. Subsequently, this term evolved into the "boring" category with exponents like Ward, Rigondeaux, etc.

Tony Atlas, Max Kellerman.
Todd Grisham, Mike Goldberg.

I believe Teddy Atlas histrionics can get annoying, and he can be disproportionally critical and/or even biased towards certain boxer... However, when it comes to speaking your mind, I recognized opinionated Teddy true to his believe regardless of consequences (where others, like, e.g., Kellerman tend to compromise theirs). If you were interested in persecuting corruption in boxing, if you are in favor of more regulation to protect boxers, etc., it'll wise you consider Teddy (and McCain) as a strategic allied.

I like Lampley cause he's one of those old crying men now.

Back