Learning both southpaw and orthodox

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Learning both Southpaw and Orthodox stance, is this possible?

Yes, but i'd suggest learning one stance first

Yes, but i'd suggest learning one stance first
i already can stand Orthodox but i'm right handed and left footed, my left kick from southpaw is good but punching from that stance is hard. Therefore this question

It is possible, but why would you want to do that?
I think it is the best if you stick to fighting style you are comfortable with the most.

I think it is the best if you stick to fighting style you are comfortable with
I think it is the best if you stick to fighting style you are comfortable with the most.
its not like i'm changing from style or something. Just in case i'm fighting a southpaw, being able to stand both southpaw and orthodox makes it a lot easier

its not like i'm changing from style or something. Just in case i'm fighting a southpaw, being able to stand both southpaw and orthodox makes it a lot easier
I disagree with this. Your power comes from mastering your natural fighting stance and style, as a southpaw If I were to learn orthodox just to spar/fight orthodoxes it would have been a disaster for me.

My biggest advice to you is to stop over analyzing things...

Also quick note, if you wanna learn southpaw stance to fight a southpaw, it is easier for us to face southpaws then it is to face orthodoxes, it is tricky for both sides when they are using opposite stance, our advantage comes from the majority being orthodoxes which makes us more experienced in facing opposite stances, and not that being a southpaw randomly brings you some magical power or so.
Forcing your body into anything that is unnatural for you is going to give you problems, explore yourself, your body, weaknesses, strengths, and work towards them and don´t impersonate things.

Also quick note, if you wanna learn southpaw stance to fight a southpaw, it is easier for us to face southpaws then it is to face orthodoxes, it is tricky for both sides when they are using opposite stance, our advantage comes from the majority being orthodoxes which makes us more experienced in facing opposite stances, and not that being a southpaw randomly brings you some magical power or so.
Forcing your body into anything that is unnatural for you is going to give you problems, explore yourself, your body, weaknesses, strengths, and work towards them and don´t impersonate things.
Thanks

Back