Learn English as a Foreign Language with Mackenzie 'Maccy D' Dern

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

mackenzie-dern-lfa-6.jpg

Don’t care still wood

Don't get how hard this is for some of you hillbillies to understand. If you're a dual language speaker who spends a lot of time with Brazilians, whose parents, who probably taught them English is brazilian, you may pick up an accent

Don't get how hard this is for some of you hillbillies to understand. If you're a dual language speaker who spends a lot of time with Brazilians, whose parents, who probably taught them English is brazilian, you may pick up an accent

I need more background and I'm too lazy to google it. She was born in the US, lived in the US, but was raised by full-fledged Brazilian parents in the US? Or what? I mean, I have some Hmong friends who were born and raised here as well and their English is still terrible at 30 years old, so this is totally understandable.

Move to Jamaica for two years and see what you sound like mon.

then HOW COME, only a few years ago, and her entire life up to that point, she had no accent?? whether she had 1 parent who spoke porteguese or not...she grew up in america...went to an american school, had american friends...english is her native first language...when she went to high school, she most certainly wasn't speaking porteguese....

My wife is from the Bahamas, born and raised and moved here to the states as a teenager. She still has her accent. She didn't replace it for an American accent. Neither did her family. I've worked with Brits who have lived in the U.S. for more than a decade. No change. I know people who are fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, it doesn't affect their American accents.

A small change in how one talks? Yes, maybe. A complete overhaul of how you speak in a matter of a few years? I'm not buying it.

I need more background and I'm too lazy to google it. She was born in the US, lived in the US, but was raised by full-fledged Brazilian parents in the US? Or what? I mean, I have some Hmong friends who were born and raised here as well and their English is still terrible at 30 years old, so this is totally understandable.

Ummm no...here's what you need to google..."evolution of mackenzie derns accent" she spoke without an accent her entire life...yet only a few years ago, started to develop an accent.. and only her dad spoke porteguese....remember, she didn't go to a portuguese school...they spoke english...her teachers spoke english...

Ummm no...here's what you need to google..."evolution of mackenzie derns accent" she spoke without an accent her entire life...yet only a few years ago, started to develop an accent.. and only her dad spoke porteguese....remember, she didn't go to a portuguese school...they spoke english...her teachers spoke english...

I just told you I was too lazy to google ya dweeb, that's why I'm here for the free history lessons.

Back