Leading German daily fires Cartoonist for criticising Netanyahu.

So do you consider it rational to take out your belt and whip random people wearing a kippah on the streets, just because you don't like Israel?

Wow... Has Merkel publicly condemned the executions-by-sniper being carried out by Israel against unarmed civilians?? Or do only weak belt lashings get her full attention???

the cartoonist has a point with the cartoon but germany is very afraid because of the german history to jews. so they act extremely humbled in terms of jews and israel.

u can critizise everything in germany very hard but criticising everything what has to do with israel or jews, especially in the press is always very problematic there, because of history.
Its uncomfortable how uncomfortable germans are with their history. Like, I get a sense that nothing good can come of their current situation

So do you consider it rational to take out your belt and whip random people wearing a kippah on the streets, just because you don't like Israel?

I don't know who (critics of Israeli policies) would classify that incident as excusable. There being people who hate Jews does not mean Israel should get a pass for what they do. No one else gets a pass, and there are a heckva lot of people who have undergone genocide and some still go through it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...toonist-after-netanyahu-drawing-idUSKCN1IJ1MT

Dieter Hanitzsch who was previously defended by the paper (Suddeutsche Zeitung) for drawing a cartoon mocking Erdogan as defense of freedom of Press and Speech instead fires the same guy for drawing a cartoon criticizing Netanyahu's exploitation of Israel's Eurovision win.

TL : DR
Mock Erdogan and Assad = it's ok . Cause Freedom of Speech & of the Press must be defended
Mock Netanyahu = gets fired cause it claiming it is Anti Semitic.

thumbs_b_c_796792f66e31dee71616fbbaaaadd845.jpg

--

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/20/german-cartoonist-fired-over-netanyahu-caricature.html

However, this was not the first time Hanitzsch’s work raised eyebrows. The cartoonist previously took aim at Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan – in cartoons published in the same newspaper – but defended his drawings against “Islamophobia” accusers on the basis of freedom of the press and expression

--

The Israel supporters are calling the cartoon Anti-Semitic and claiming it evokes Nazi imagery, but you can see for yourself there is nothing Nazi or anti-Semitic about the cartoon. It is critical of Netanyahu for using the Eurovision win to score PR points. The cartoon is standard fare for editorial cartoons criticizing leaders who exploit a situation.

Typical go-to tactic of those defending Israeli policies, trot out the Anti-Semitic card to silence and intimidate critics. Lorde was smeared as being anti-Semitic or quasi Anti-Semitic for not playing in Israel. Natalie Portman , who is Israeli and Jewish, was called Anti-Semitic because she refused to accept an award if Netanyahu was present at the ceremony

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...hu-boycott-borders-on-anti-semitism-1.6014423

So what does the Star of David in the Euro Vision logo imply? And what is the rocket with a Star of David on it all about? Explain the non-anti-Semitic symbolism here.

I'm not saying the guy should have been fired. It was an overreaction by his newspaper, but I would like to know what the thought process was for the items I listed.

So what does the Star of David in the Euro Vision logo imply? And what is the rocket with a Star of David on it all about? Explain the non-anti-Semitic symbolism here.

I'm not saying the guy should have been fired. It was an overreaction by his newspaper, but I would like to know what the thought process was for the items I listed.
To be fair, it's also Israel's flag.

Perhaps the publication is owned by Israeli supporting Jews, and they only took offense to that.

I don't know who (critics of Israeli policies) would classify that incident as excusable. There being people who hate Jews does not mean Israel should get a pass for what they do. No one else gets a pass, and there are a heckva lot of people who have undergone genocide and some still go through it.

Everyone gets a pass. Everyone gets a pass from their allies and condemned by their enemies. You’re just obsessed with Israel, like so many posters here.

China, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Turkey... I see a lot more complaints about Israel so I don’t know how they “get a pass” these other human rights abusers don’t get. You think the Palestinians get less support than the Rohingya, Tibetans, Kachins, Congolese, etc.? These are people who are actually undergoing genocides.

I, like the majority of American Jews, don’t support Bibi. I don’t have much opportunity to discuss it though because there aren’t many threads supporting him. There are countless threads like this though, complaining broadly and ignorantly about “The Jews.” You never hear legitimate complaints about Muslim countries dismissed as “Islamophobic?” Really?

Perhaps the publication is owned by Israeli supporting Jews, and they only took offense to that.

Some Germans fired another German guy. It’s the fault of “The Jews” though, of course, because no one else’s own agency can withstand the super Jewish cabal that suppresses any criticism of Israel... except for the criticism you see in the news every day and of the entire UN except the USA.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...toonist-after-netanyahu-drawing-idUSKCN1IJ1MT

Dieter Hanitzsch who was previously defended by the paper (Suddeutsche Zeitung) for drawing a cartoon mocking Erdogan as defense of freedom of Press and Speech instead fires the same guy for drawing a cartoon criticizing Netanyahu's exploitation of Israel's Eurovision win.

TL : DR
Mock Erdogan and Assad = it's ok . Cause Freedom of Speech & of the Press must be defended
Mock Netanyahu = gets fired cause it claiming it is Anti Semitic.

thumbs_b_c_796792f66e31dee71616fbbaaaadd845.jpg

--

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/20/german-cartoonist-fired-over-netanyahu-caricature.html

However, this was not the first time Hanitzsch’s work raised eyebrows. The cartoonist previously took aim at Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan – in cartoons published in the same newspaper – but defended his drawings against “Islamophobia” accusers on the basis of freedom of the press and expression

--

The Israel supporters are calling the cartoon Anti-Semitic and claiming it evokes Nazi imagery, but you can see for yourself there is nothing Nazi or anti-Semitic about the cartoon. It is critical of Netanyahu for using the Eurovision win to score PR points. The cartoon is standard fare for editorial cartoons criticizing leaders who exploit a situation.

Typical go-to tactic of those defending Israeli policies, trot out the Anti-Semitic card to silence and intimidate critics. Lorde was smeared as being anti-Semitic or quasi Anti-Semitic for not playing in Israel. Natalie Portman , who is Israeli and Jewish, was called Anti-Semitic because she refused to accept an award if Netanyahu was present at the ceremony

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...hu-boycott-borders-on-anti-semitism-1.6014423
sorry germany doesn't allow anything that can be construed as antisemitism. some of that generation is still alive, so gonna be a while before they get to tread those waters. they do the same for islam though, so maybe dem laws are wrong?

Some Germans fired another German guy. It’s the fault of “The Jews” though, of course, because no one else’s own agency can withstand the super Jewish cabal that suppresses any criticism of Israel... except for the criticism you see in the news every day and of the entire UN except the USA.

Well the Jews are known to invest in things like mass print, and media. If it is owned by lutheran or catholic Germans, it be harder to believe or understand why it happened, than if owned by Israel supporting Jews.

Eurovision is for European and some non-European countries. Star of David is the central symbol on the Israeli flag, much like the cross is the central symbol on the Swiss flag or the red circle for the Japanese flag. So if you want to allude to the nation that won Eurovision , you feature imagery representing their nation's flag. Israel won Eurovision this year.

Netanyahu and Israeli officials have been gushing over the winner. He invited her to his place and did the chicken dance, which I take it is part of her song routine.
Next year the contest is in Israel.

And the cartoonist comment " Next year in Jerusalem" is a play on Netanyahu's following quote:
"Netta, you're a real sweetheart. You have brought much respect for the state of Israel! Next year in Jerusalem!" Netanyahu wrote in a tweet, noting that Israel will be hosting the contest next year.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...celebrate-israeli-singers-eurovision-win.html

sorry germany doesn't allow anything that can be construed as antisemitism. some of that generation is still alive, so gonna be a while before they get to tread those waters. they do the same for islam though, so maybe dem laws are wrong?
They are not as censoring of other criticism. Yes they do give cover for Islam, but then so does the UK. But as the articles on this controversy say, the newspaper was fine with criticism of Erdogan and Assad.

And Germany doesn't show the same degree of concern and sensitivity to the genocide they carried out in Namibia, as they do to the Holocaust.

Last edited:
Everyone gets a pass. Everyone gets a pass from their allies and condemned by their enemies. You’re just obsessed with Israel, like so many posters here.

China, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Turkey... I see a lot more complaints about Israel so I don’t know how they “get a pass” these other human rights abusers don’t get. You think the Palestinians get less support than the Rohingya, Tibetans, Kachins, Congolese, etc.? These are people who are actually undergoing genocides.

I, like the majority of American Jews, don’t support Bibi. I don’t have much opportunity to discuss it though because there aren’t many threads supporting him. There are countless threads like this though, complaining broadly and ignorantly about “The Jews.” You never hear legitimate complaints about Muslim countries dismissed as “Islamophobic?” Really?

Everyone doesn't get a pass to the same degree. Generally White gentiles are not insulated against criticism for their racism as many others are. There are a lot of complaints here against Islam and Islamism, more so than against Israel.

It isn't obsession when Israel makes the news a lot, and has an undue influence on US foreign policy. It was because of Israel we invaded Iraq, and now because of Israel Trump ditched the Iran deal. So considering their pernicious influence on US foreign policy in the MidEast region, they do deserve to be focused on.

Re. bolded
And you too are pulling the same Anti-Semitic canard, which is the subject of the OP. It is far too common and far too easy for defenders of Israel to always smear critics as anti-Semites. Now imagine if White gentiles in the US started labeling everyone who criticized Christianity or mainstream America as anti White racists. Actually this very thing happens on far right forums, they label anyone opposing WNist sentiments as anti-White racists.

Yes a lot of legitimate criticism of Muslim countries and Islam does get smeared as Islamophobic. I have mentioned in past threads that critics of Islam get called Islamophobic while critics of Israel get called anti-Semitic; pointing out how both groups smear their critics with these labels to cow them into silence.

Palestinians may not have undergone genocide, but they certainly faced and face ethnic cleansing by Israel.

Everyone doesn't get a pass to the same degree. Generally White gentiles are not insulated against criticism for their racism as many others are. There are a lot of complaints here against Islam and Islamism, more so than against Israel.

It isn't obsession when Israel makes the news a lot, and has an undue influence on US foreign policy. It was because of Israel we invaded Iraq, and now because of Israel Trump ditched the Iran deal. So considering their pernicious influence on US foreign policy in the MidEast region, they do deserve to be focused on.

Re. bolded
And you too are pulling the same Anti-Semitic canard, which is the subject of the OP. It is far too common and far too easy for defenders of Israel to always smear critics as anti-Semites. Now imagine if White gentiles in the US started labeling everyone who criticized Christianity or mainstream America as anti White racists. Actually this very thing happens on far right forums, they label anyone opposing WNist sentiments as anti-White racists.

Yes a lot of legitimate criticism of Muslim countries and Islam does get smeared as Islamophobic. I have mentioned in past threads that critics of Islam get called Islamophobic while critics of Israel get called anti-Semitic; pointing out how both groups smear their critics with these labels to cow them into silence.

Palestinians may not have undergone genocide, but they certainly faced and face ethnic cleansing by Israel.

Your thread isn’t complaining about Israel, and I’ve been critical of Israel. It’s complaining about a German cartoonist being fired by his German bosses and you’re blaming the Jews for it. How did they pull that one one off? These German editors don’t have free will in the face of your international Jewish conspiracy? You set up a ludicrous strawman where only Jews have ever gained by erroneously claiming racism using this single example of this one newspaper.

Edit: and for the record I don’t find the cartoon Anti-Semitic. I do find your OP to have that vibe though

Last edited:
Back