Lead Paint Lobby Trying to Rip off CA Voters

This is a way more serious issue (both). But it also requires more thought. Everyone can knee-jerk their opinions about the other stuff.

Maybe I am hoping for to much but the practical issue that affects a lot of people here is California posters will be getting asked to sign this initiative by paid signature gathers and I hope that people will know not to sign this initiative. The paint companies have put up 6 million dollars so far to pay for advertising and signature gathering and they likely will put up more.

If this works it will be a real indictment on the initiative process in general.

I was on facebook. I came across this sponsored page which said sign here to make CA clean up lead paint and write your congressman. I click on it. The page looks a little off so I decide to investigate. I find out that this is a huge scam by the paint lobby to get out of a gigantic judgement.

This is a blantant abuse of California's initiative system and I find it a little crazy that the lead paint lobby is being so brazen. Basically Sherwin Williams and two other big paint companies lost a lawsuit for over 1.1 billion dollars in CA state court because the court found they marketed ;lead paint. The court ordered that they pay to clean up houses with lead paint in 10 CA cities. The appeals court mostly upheld the lower court and the CA Supreme Court declined to take the case.

Out of legal options the lead paint lobby has now decided to push a bill which will put the cost of clean up on the tax payer rather than them. They dress up their website in pretty words but that is the bottom line.
First link is to the 6th Circuit's appeal order

Unless you own stock in the paint industry don't vote for the Healthy Homes and Schools Act. It would be literally funding the paint companies with your tax dollars and if asked by a signature gatherer don't sign hopefully this does not make it up on the ballot.

What does the sherdog bar think @HomerThompson @Zankou @Trotsky @panamaican
@Quipling
https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=230528384336248820&hl=en&as_sdt=6&as_vis=1&oi=scholarr

http://www.latimes.com/business/laz...d-paint-ballot-initiative-20180330-story.html

With how democrat CA is this has a serious chance of happening. Throw in a rider to allow mexican muslim extremists into the country and it is a sure thing.

That's pretty slick of them. Unethical by my standards but very, very clever.

That's pretty slick of them. Unethical by my standards but very, very clever.

You should read the appeals decision I linked to. It is one of the most through opinions I have ever read.

You should read the appeals decision I linked to. It is one of the most through opinions I have ever read.

I will, doing my pre-week organization so maybe later today.

With how democrat CA is this has a serious chance of happening. Throw in a rider to allow mexican muslim extremists into the country and it is a sure thing.
this was a reasonable thread till you came in and retarded it up, you should stop chewing those paint flakes

Back