Lawyer: Conor McGregor has ‘no way to defend himself’ in Michael Chiesa lawsuit

doesnt even need it with all the eyewitnesses and footage. He's gonna make more than his entire UFC earnings combined.

Eye witness means little when there is no solid evidence that you have, in fact, sustained an injury from the incident. That little scratch on his forehead alone won't enough to get the chedda.

That's like saying a prostitute should get $50 if she is raped... She gets fucked all the time anyway....

Quite good tbh

Rape though is a highly traumatic very forceful event total opposite to consensual sex

A cut on the old noggin from a smashed window isnt nearly as bad as the damage you get from having another trained human beating the shit out of you for up to 25 minutes

So a rape would be a much more damaging event than a normal day at her job, where as a minor cut to the head is a much lesser event than a normal day at Chiseas job

Eye witness means little when there is no solid evidence that you have, in fact, sustained an injury from the incident. That little scratch on his forehead alone won't enough to get the chedda.
no solid evidence? It was doctors who declared he was unable to fight. They literally pulled glass shards from his wounds. If YOU did this to anyone, they'd be garnishing your paychecks for life.

100k is a shitload though ?

His injuries were what, a cut and some bruises? Dudes a cage fighter he gets beat up and cut all the time, id make the case he should be given no more than his standard fight purse
you apparently don't know how the US justice system works. To put things into perspective, a woman spilled really hot mcdonalds coffee on herself and mcdonalds didn't want to pay her hospital bill, she sued and got 3 million.

you apparently don't know how the US justice system works. To put things into perspective, a woman spilled really hot mcdonalds coffee on herself and mcdonalds didn't want to pay her hospital bill, she sued and got 3 million.

lmao

Micheal Chiesa be like "50g's baby"
In all seriousness he will probably get close to a Million.

Plantiff's attorney delivering closing arguments during Chiesa v. McGregor:
latest

What a fucking moron. Of course the claim is defensible.

Chiesa is suing for monetary damages. Every case for unliquidated monetary damages is defensible on the basis that the damages claimed are excessive.

Furthermore, Chiesa will still have to prove causation, ie: that he lost out on certain opportunities because of the incident. It is open to Mcgregor to admit liability for the incident while still denying Chiesa's claim that he would have been a mega superstar but for this incident.

What a dumbass lawyer. There is no defense for liability, but there are plenty of defenses to the claim.

Punitive damages.

Oh and a shit load of compensation for mental anguish.

Oh and Chiesa doesn’t pay a dime but Conor will be paying through his nose for his lawyer.

Because one lawyer is working for 35% and the other is working at $800. An hour. Plus $200 paralegal. Plus $75 secretary. Plus $.10 per page of photocopies. And that taxi ride.

im not a lawyer.

just had the privilege of being sued a lot, and charged with a lot of crimes.

pretty much everything youve said is spot on (although Rose has laid out an emotional trauma case much better than Chiesa)

reason i dont think Conor settles easily?
precedence.

1 case where he settles will turn in to a whole bus load (literally) of new cases.

hes stubborn i see him wasting a million on this to keep damages low.

I like you bro:)

Conor admitted a misdemeanor -

Sherbros, stop talking law because you may think you understand the words, you have no fucking idea what lies behind those words.

That’s why some people get paid $800 an hour for interpreting and arguing the words because they went to law school, passed the bar exam and worked 70 hour weeks for ten years. Words don’t mean what you think they mean and common sense and your knowledge of law from SUV means bullshit. I double dare any of you to tell me what a tort is without googling it.
<6>

In a civil trail he is fucked
<{outtahere}>

You really need to do some research on that entire coffee story. That old lady actually had to get skin grafts and suffered severe severe burns because the coffee was almost bioling hot. That was NOT a play for money and an actualy horrific injury. Look it up, not a good example and somehow always gets thrown around because people just assume it was some warm coffee. Pretty crazy burns dude.

What a fucking moron. Of course the claim is defensible.

Chiesa is suing for monetary damages. Every case for unliquidated monetary damages is defensible on the basis that the damages claimed are excessive.

Furthermore, Chiesa will still have to prove causation, ie: that he lost out on certain opportunities because of the incident. It is open to Mcgregor to admit liability for the incident while still denying Chiesa's claim that he would have been a mega superstar but for this incident.

What a dumbass lawyer. There is no defense for liability, but there are plenty of defenses to the claim.

Bro, you ain’t a lawyer.

I might not be a NY bar admitted lawyer but I am a bar admitted one in common law and civil jurisdictions.

Like I said in previous post, don’t think that because you think you understand the words, you understand them.

Punitive damages.

Oh and a shit load of compensation for mental anguish.

Oh and Chiesa doesn’t pay a dime but Conor will be paying through his nose for his lawyer.

Because one lawyer is working for 35% and the other is working at $800. An hour. Plus $200 paralegal. Plus $75 secretary. Plus $.10 per page of photocopies. And that taxi ride.
While I cannot comment on the law of New York, in most jurisdictions, you can't be awarded punitive damages where the person has received a criminal sentence. In this case, Conor pleaded guilty and received a criminal sentence of community service. At least in my jurisdiction, it's possible that punitive damages would therefore be disallowed.

edit: See this case, where a punitive damages claim was thrown out in Ontario against a drunk driver who was convicted of impaired driving https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2018/2018onsc526/2018onsc526.html

Bro, you ain’t a lawyer.

I might not be a NY bar admitted lawyer but I am a bar admitted one in common law and civil jurisdictions.

Like I said in previous post, don’t think that because you think you understand the words, you understand them.
Yes I'm a lawyer.

Conor's getting sued by multiple people for various different things right now. He just lost rights to "Notorious Whiskey" over trademark issues. He got sued and lost his clothing line, the Bus Driver is suing him. Rich people are getting sued all the time, Dana talks about getting sued over 100 times. Conor we'll be alright as I'm sure he's got 1000x better lawyers and connections than a scumbag like Cheisa ever will.

Tempered glass doesn’t shard.

If there was any gap between the incident and the hospital where he was alone there is a legitimate legal defense.

You really need to do some research on that entire coffee story. That old lady actually had to get skin grafts and suffered severe severe burns because the coffee was almost bioling hot. That was NOT a play for money and an actualy horrific injury. Look it up, not a good example and somehow always gets thrown around because people just assume it was some warm coffee. Pretty crazy burns dude.

Yep. It was not some BS get rich incident.

chiesa be tired of ufc bum money and wants some mcg type of money... hope he gets a couple mill.

Back