Lawler had the knee injury before the fight.

I also found it suspicious how many bookies had RDA as the favorite pre-fight and wonder if they knew about the injury.....

You guys don't understand gambling. Bookies don't try and predict who will win or give a fuck who will win. They only care how people are placing bets and they change odds accordingly so they make money regardless of who wins

robbie would probably pull his leg off and beat rda with it if he could

RockSalt shows up and Robbie gets hurt, thanks for bringing that AKA injury curse with you.

Robbie was in his prime for the RDA fight.

He just encountered a much better fighter.

No need to make excuses for the guy.

Why the hate bruv? Your lady have Lawler penis on her breath?

I believe he only stated the facts.

You only the other hand seem pretty rustled by it. What is wrong with you sir?

His left leg was the injured one, not his right. So it wasn’t from the kicks.

Could’ve still happened in the fight, but not from kicks to the right leg.
Those low leg kicks completely immobilized Robbie. Maybe he had some sort of injury going in, but the reason he stopped moving during the fight are the kicks, you can that to the bank

Lawler's left knee is what caused him to be unable to move in the fight though. RDA was kicking the right shin, but some time around the 4th round Lawler's left knee started to buckle and was clearly unstable.

It's not unreasonable to think that he sprained it in camp leading up to the fight, then reinjured it during the fight. All of the damage that RDA was doing to the right leg would cause Lawler to put more weight on the previously injured left leg.
In any case, those kicks slowly but surely stopped Lawler from moving

Henri Hooft is a idiot. Didn't he walkout on Rumble during a fight once?

Because this was a legitimate excuse, for the last three rounds he could barely stand. Did you notice how he wasn't sitting on the stool? That's cause he said he might not be able to get up if he sat down. I do admit people make too many excuses but robbie had a legitimate one

It was 2 rounds not 3. He was planting just fine until the 4th round. What excuse are you going to make for Lawler losing the first 3 rounds cleanly?

it looked to me like he was trying to ask out of the 5th round without actually coming out and saying it. standing on one leg in your corner saying "I can't move" or whatever it was is a request that your corner make the call for you.

obviously he's a warrior and will continue if he has to, he's not going to stop on his own. but IMO that was his way of trying to get his corner guys to do their job.

I also found it suspicious how many bookies had RDA as the favorite pre-fight and wonder if they knew about the injury.....
I found it strange too. I was even a bit pissed at myself when the fight started for not betting with these odds on Lawler...

They probably thought he could land that one shot so they kept him going.

robbie actually lost one of his legs in a car accident 2 weeks prior to the fight. the leg we saw in the fight was prosthetic.

I believe he only stated the facts.

You only the other hand seem pretty rustled by it. What is wrong with you sir?

Facts lol? Seemed closer to high sodium opinion.. I enjoy his fights and found the Rory Mac comment especially comical.

The next time I hear "Brazilians and their excuses...", I'll be disgusted.

His leg was buckling when he ate a jab after the injury, but he had no trouble at the beginning of the fight. If his knee was injured when RDA caught him with some bombs(right before the huge combo) I gaurantee he would have went to the ground and wouldn't have been able to scramble like he did.

It was 2 rounds not 3. He was planting just fine until the 4th round. What excuse are you going to make for Lawler losing the first 3 rounds cleanly?
No it started in the second round at the end. He just couldn't hide it anymore as the fight went on. Either way it's irrelevant after that picture came out of him like a couple weeks ago with his knee heavily wrapped. In hindsight he probably shouldn't have taken the fight

Back