Lawler had the knee injury before the fight.

Yes....you're right.....RDA must've kicked Lawler's right leg so hard, that it gave him an injury in his left knee.....makes perfect sense.....

Or you can reexamine the OP and see lawler in a cast and gear up to his left knee (only on his left leg) 2 days before the fight.....

Cast? You are reaching there TS. Looks like a shin guard and a knee pad to me. It also looks like he's gearing up, maybe he hasn't put the other one on yet. Not saying Robbie wasn't injured but I WILL say that photo proves nothing.

Oh, wait, are you talking about the shin guard and knee GUARD (not brace) in the photo? That's not because of an injury, that's the same as wearing headgear, shinguards, more padded gloves, etc. Just protective gear for workouts.

Hell, I did weapon fighting (kind of like Kendo) and I'd wear volleyball kneeguards under my hakama, even though we worked out on a padded surface, just from all the times I had to drop to a knee during the fights.

If Robbie is practicing kneeing guys in workouts, which I'm sure he is, he's wearing the pads to protect his knees and to not f--k up his workout partners.

618ClzZSoyL._SL1000_.jpg
only on one leg tho......that seems more like protecting himself than his partners dude....

Ive been bagging henri hooft for awhile now, every fighter hes cornered has shit the bed in recent times from horrible gameplanning to shiz like this.

Mj, johnson, shad, belfort and now robbie have all been on the slide under dude.

Put your money on whittaker ko if he corners rockhold

The same guys who let him walk in there like that are the same people that sent him back out for the 5th. WTF is wrong with the dudes cornering Lawler.

They let him get in there completely unprepared and then sent him back out twice when he couldnt walk.

Hes gotta surround himself with better people. Part of their job is to prevent him from fucking himself up. They shouldve known how bad the knee was and cancelled the fight. Or at a bare minimum realized it was further reinjured and not send him out there for another 10 minutes on 1 leg.

Robbie wins his next two if he walks in healthy....

Is that Rockhold hes training with? Luke mustve brought the curse of AKA Another Knee Ailment with him. Plus Lawler comes from the stone age caveman Miletich rub dirt on it training days.

oh my god people are so stupid its amazing
1.rda targeted his RIGHT leg and did a lot of damage there
2.lawler clearly was wobbling because of his LEFT leg
3.you can even see in later rounds that lawler hat to put more weight on his RIGHT leg to balance himself
4.now ask yourself why lawler would want to put more weight on his RIGHT leg that was kicked to hell
5.if you werent able to figure this out during the fight i have some bad news for you and you should consider not giving your opinion on fights ever

its a reach to say RDA was better? that he got KOd by woodley? lackluster performance against cerrone? was losing to rory?

literally all of it is true. keep trying.
Not RDA being better, no, but to say he lost to Condit. Badass fight and was super close. Could have gone either way. He beat Hendricks. Another close one but I scored it for Lawler. Rory fight was another great war but Lawler beat him not once but twice. We all seen what Woodley did to him obviously but to say he was or is overrated is moronic. If he's overrated then he must be the luckiest fighter to ever enter mma. He has a great career and great wins. He's done it all but now that he's on his decline, we all get to see stupid comments such as the guy I quoted. Anytime a fighter starts to lose and decline, they were always "overrated" or "not that good anyways". That's my issue with that comment.

RDA elbowed robby, then robby stumbled awkwardly and landed on his ass. that's how his knee became injured.

You can clearly see his other knee....its bare in the photo

No, it's not. There's a tan colored pad, or possibly even a brace on the other one, but since Lawler is chillin', it looks like he might be putting the equipment on, or taking it off, as well. What's on his left knee, the one that was injured (not the one Dos Anjos attacked), is clearly a standard sparring kneepad.

Attachments

• braces.jpg
    braces.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
RDA was just the better fighter that night. Accept it. Lawler is highly over rated. He lost to Condit. Was losing to Rory before Rory couldn't continue. Lost to hendricks. Got KOed by woodley. Looked bad against cerrone. And now lost to RDA.
LMFAO

you missed his last fight where he didn't really look like a killer too

I JUST CAME HERE TO SEE THE DUMB ASSES POST CRAP . Yep they never let me down

No, it's not. There's a tan colored pad, or possibly even a brace on the other one, but since Lawler is chillin', it looks like he might be putting the equipment on, or taking it off, as well. What's on his left knee, the one that was injured (not the one Dos Anjos attacked), is clearly a standard sparring kneepad.

Thats a shadow, dude....unless he has a non-uniformly colored, super-thin, translucent kneepad....almost like cheap thin stockings.....thats a shadow.....

Thats a shadow, dude....unless he has a non-uniformly colored, super-thin, translucent kneepad....almost like cheap thin stockings.....thats a shadow.....

Did you look at the close-up I posted in my response? It's clearly a tan/brown pad or brace. Light-colored but darkened with sweat. You can clearly see where it starts/ends compared to Robby's skin. If you looked at it and can't tell, go see an eye-doctor. His right knee is NOT bare in that photo.

Was losing to Rory before Rory couldn't continue.
Yeah, I remember that fight. Rory got bored and was like, "I'm bored, can't continue, going to play minecraft lulz." Trolling level 2.3/10.

cuz its the truth. lawler clearly was messed up watch his press conference after the fight. dude was messed up he didnt want to say anything. even during the fight hooft asks about it but they dont wanna mention it. means something was up before the fight.
Bingo.

His corner asked, "How does it feel?"

What the fuck is "it?"

Or the announcers saying early in the fight that Robbie's corner "didn't want us to say" what they were talking about.

I'm thinking Robbie tore his ACL or MCL in camp. It was unstable all night and he hit the deck and wobbled on it multiple times that are uncharacteristic for him. Biggest tell-tale sign was that Robbie had no heat on that straight left that has stopped champion-level fighters in the past. He couldn't plant and generate power, and RDA was able to press forward successfully because of that.

Back