Lawler had the knee injury before the fight.

Absolutely zero evidence that he had the injury before the fight. You can hear him tell his corner between rounds that he hurt his leg, which doesn't make sense if it was already hurt and they knew about it.

Stop making excuses. Robbie didn't and neither should you

he hurt his leg before the fight. the corner is asking if its ok during the fight. it does make sense. I think hooft was trying to not make it obvious about it either. that clearly means they knew something was up beforehand.

robbie didnt make excuses. but you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

He took unnecessary damage in that last round, would have been cool of his corner to save him from himself, so to speak.

he hurt his leg before the fight. the corner is asking if its ok during the fight. it does make sense. I think hooft was trying to not make it obvious about it either. that clearly means they knew something was up beforehand.

robbie didnt make excuses. but you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

He literally said "I hurt my leg" to which Hooft said "Is it ok" and Robbie said "No" at which time Hooft moves in close to avoid being overheard

That is not an exchange people have if they already know about an injury. There's also zero evidence that it was injured before hand

Which might have meant he had to put more weight on his injured leg, which could have aggravated it.

It's kind of irrelevant, either way.

Its relevant when understanding what that fight means in greater context.

I would consider it relevant if a fighter walked into a fight with a serious injury that caused him to not be able to perform for half the fight.....I don't really understand why that would be considered irrelevant considering it was the same knee reinjured in the fight.....

Absolutely zero evidence that he had the injury before the fight. You can hear him tell his corner between rounds that he hurt his leg, which doesn't make sense if it was already hurt and they knew about it.

Stop making excuses. Robbie didn't and neither should you
He's wearing a knee brace in the picture of practice, on the left knee. Same left knee that buckled twice despite never being kicked.

Maybe not concrete evidence but it's certainly enough reasonable suspicion to further investigate.

I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks if Robbie gets surgery and let's word get out about it. Lol I imagine him as the kind who would try to keep it on the hush as long as possible

its his left leg in the picture

his right leg is the one that was getting kicked off in the fight

any injuries robbie was showing came from the fight imo
His left leg was the injured one, not his right. So it wasn’t from the kicks.

Could’ve still happened in the fight, but not from kicks to the right leg.

Lawler's left knee is what caused him to be unable to move in the fight though. RDA was kicking the right shin, but some time around the 4th round Lawler's left knee started to buckle and was clearly unstable.

It's not unreasonable to think that he sprained it in camp leading up to the fight, then reinjured it during the fight. All of the damage that RDA was doing to the right leg would cause Lawler to put more weight on the previously injured left leg.

RDA was just the better fighter that night. Accept it. Lawler is highly over rated. He lost to Condit. Was losing to Rory before Rory couldn't continue. Lost to hendricks. Got KOed by woodley. Looked bad against cerrone. And now lost to RDA.

Why the hate bruv? Your lady have Lawler penis on her breath?

The same guys who let him walk in there like that are the same people that sent him back out for the 5th. WTF is wrong with the dudes cornering Lawler.

They let him get in there completely unprepared and then sent him back out twice when he couldnt walk.

Hes gotta surround himself with better people. Part of their job is to prevent him from fucking himself up. They shouldve known how bad the knee was and cancelled the fight. Or at a bare minimum realized it was further reinjured and not send him out there for another 10 minutes on 1 leg.

Robbie wins his next two if he walks in healthy....

Isnt Hooft the same dude who walked out of the cage when Rumble was retiring and then asked where he was? Guy is a straight douche

His right leg was the one getting kicked.....thats correct......it was his left that buckled....the same one being favored in the pic from 2 days before the fight....thats kinda the point....it wasnt the leg kicks in the right leg.....it was a preexisting injury in the left......

Yes....you're right.....RDA must've kicked Lawler's right leg so hard, that it gave him an injury in his left knee.....makes perfect sense.....

Or you can reexamine the OP and see lawler in a cast and gear up to his left knee (only on his left leg) 2 days before the fight.....

Read my following post. It's impossible to know what happened at this point, regardless.

His left leg was the injured one, not his right. So it wasn’t from the kicks.

Could’ve still happened in the fight, but not from kicks to the right leg.
It seemed to happen in a grappling exchange towards the end of round 2 I think (possibly 3)

It just got tangled up and probably either twisted or hyperextended. I remember seeing it happen and then hearing him talk about it with the corner immediately after.

That said I could have aggravated a prior injury or it could be new, only Robbie and maybe his team know that.

Left leg was already injured, at the end of the 2nd the knee injury got aggravated on a fairly unvenetful grappling exchange. Lawler just didn't look like himself that entire fight. In the end doesn't matter, RDA won the fight and will get his chance at the belt hopefully.

Why are americans always making excuses for their guys?
Because this was a legitimate excuse, for the last three rounds he could barely stand. Did you notice how he wasn't sitting on the stool? That's cause he said he might not be able to get up if he sat down. I do admit people make too many excuses but robbie had a legitimate one

I guess he had a knee injury in the Cerrone fight too, cause he looked damn bad.

That photo at the start of this thread means/proves NOTHING.

Oh, wait, are you talking about the shin guard and knee GUARD (not brace) in the photo? That's not because of an injury, that's the same as wearing headgear, shinguards, more padded gloves, etc. Just protective gear for workouts.

Hell, I did weapon fighting (kind of like Kendo) and I'd wear volleyball kneeguards under my hakama, even though we worked out on a padded surface, just from all the times I had to drop to a knee during the fights.

If Robbie is practicing kneeing guys in workouts, which I'm sure he is, he's wearing the pads to protect his knees and to not f--k up his workout partners.

618ClzZSoyL._SL1000_.jpg

Back