Lawler basically heel hooked himself in the 3rd

DC was pretty bad in this fight imo. He kept saying how RDA would slow down after the 48 hit combo and how Lawler is a brawler in the last rounds etc etc. Meanwhile in the real world Lawler was getting seriously beaten up and RDA never slowed the pace.
Well that isn’t an unreasonable prediction. RDA has slowed down in long fights before and we have seen Lawler pull off wins in round 5 even after receiving a beating

Major props to robbie, always been a fan, but I think it's a bit much to say it cost him the fight. Maybe he would have taken over maybe not, but for some to say he lost due the injury when he was already down two doesn't give rda nearly enough credit.
Robbie was looking pretty strong in the third until he fucked his left leg up. Not sure f he would have won the rest of rounds but the fight was interesting in third and then got totally one side after the injury.

The guy was basically emobilised ..your telling me a robbie Lawler who can move properly for 5 rounds doesn't win?..
RDA wouldn't have gotten top position if the knee wasn't gone
RDA wouldn't have been throwing a 26 second combo of Robbie could move off the cage
RDA wouldn't have been as agressive if robbie was able to meet him at every exchage

Way more then just circumstance bro
And Brazilians are the ones who come with excuses... Seriously.

Actually my point was that it was a shame that he got injured and we didn't get to see what would happen if he wasn't injured a true fight between them..basically we will always wonder what this wins means for RDA as he beat an injured Lawler and we will wonder if Robbie healthy pulls out the victory against RDA ..it's a shame because it was a good fight

He handled Lawler prior to the injury better than any fighter besides Woodley has in the UFC. After 2 rounds, it was pretty clear that Lawler was going to have a hard time coming back unless RDA gassed. People are looking at this fight with serious blinders on.

He handled Lawler prior to the injury better than any fighter besides Woodley has in the UFC. After 2 rounds, it was pretty clear that Lawler was going to have a hard time coming back unless RDA gassed. People are looking at this fight with serious blinders on.

2 rounds out of 5.. with a guy like robbie who gets stronger as the fight goes on.. go watch Lawler vs McDonald and Hendricks .. tell me after two rounds if it was clear robbie was going to lose..come on man..RDA fought great and he's great hI'm self don't get me wrong but the fight is isn't essential null for meaning as the injury forced robbie to alter his game into defensive mode and countering off the fence it's not blinders it's acceptance of the fact's that the injury tainted the outcome..maybe RDA still would of won or maybe he gasses and gets tkoed against a healthy lawler..we won't ever know

And Brazilians are the ones who come with excuses... Seriously.

Yeah excuses.. because you know fighting on one leg affects nothing compared to being fully mobile with two working legs..

stfu noob you've clearly never trained or fought anyone before it makes a huge difference when one of your limbs are essentially dead and useless.. that's my point RDA fought great but it was against am injured Lawler ..wish we could of seen it play out with them both 100%.. that would of Been awesome

2 rounds out of 5.. with a guy like robbie who gets stronger as the fight goes on.. go watch Lawler vs McDonald and Hendricks .. tell me after two rounds if it was clear robbie was going to lose..come on man..RDA fought great and he's great hI'm self don't get me wrong but the fight is isn't essential null for meaning as the injury forced robbie to alter his game into defensive mode and countering off the fence it's not blinders it's acceptance of the fact's that the injury tainted the outcome..maybe RDA still would of won or maybe he gasses and gets tkoed against a healthy lawler..we won't ever know

Here's a fact for you - Lawler has never won a 5 round fight where he was behind 2-0 going into the 3rd. The only 5 round fight besides this one where he was down 2 rounds, he lost. This injury also did not happen early into the third. Then on top of that, RDA brings an insane pace. He beat the shit out of Robbie's body in the first two rounds. RDA has better cardio + output for sure, so the narrative that Lawler was going to take over late is ridiculous. In the betting thread, almost all of the Lawler backers were giving up hope after he dropped the first 2 rounds. Lawler pulling a clean sweep on the last 3 rounds was extremely unlikely.

Here's a fact for you - Lawler has never won a 5 round fight where he was behind 2-0 going into the 3rd. The only 5 round fight besides this one where he was down 2 rounds, he lost. This injury also did not happen early into the third. Then on top of that, RDA brings an insane pace. He beat the shit out of Robbie's body in the first two rounds. RDA has better cardio + output for sure, so the narrative that Lawler was going to take over late is ridiculous. In the betting thread, almost all of the Lawler backers were giving up hope after he dropped the first 2 rounds. Lawler pulling a clean sweep on the last 3 rounds was extremely unlikely.

Thanks for the history lesson and your opinion. . Still doesn't change the fact the injury affected this fight.. Neither one of us can possible say for certain what would happen if Lawler stayed healthy for 5 rounds because RDA has a history of slowing down In long fights..so there's some history for you.. fighting isn't an exact science you can't just add factors together like oh he's never won a 5 rounder before when he's down 2 rounds , divdied by RDA's pace equal certain victory always..come on..by that kind of thinking Lawler should have never made it back to the ufc or became champion based on past results. .the past doesn't matter..it's who show's up that night and unfortunately he's knee gave out .. and affected the performance

DC was pretty bad in this fight imo. He kept saying how RDA would slow down after the 48 hit combo and how Lawler is a brawler in the last rounds etc etc. Meanwhile in the real world Lawler was getting seriously beaten up and RDA never slowed the pace.

DC is always horrible to me but he was hugging lawlers nuts so hard during this fight that you wouldn't think RDA won every single round.

Thanks for the history lesson and your opinion. . Still doesn't change the fact the injury affected this fight.. Neither one of us can possible say for certain what would happen if Lawler stayed healthy for 5 rounds because RDA has a history of slowing down In long fights..so there's some history for you.. fighting isn't an exact science you can't just add factors together like oh he's never won a 5 rounder before when he's down 2 rounds , divdied by RDA's pace equal certain victory always..come on..by that kind of thinking Lawler should have never made it back to the ufc or became champion based on past results. .the past doesn't matter..it's who show's up that night and unfortunately he's knee gave out .. and affected the performance

People like you just can't comprehend fights or % chance. Could the outcome have been different without the injury? Sure. Is it very likely? No. Odds shift during a fight. After RDA is up 2 rounds, it's very fair to say that the odds, aka general perception, shows that Lawler's odds of winning the fight are going down. Watching the beginning of the third even confirmed that suspicion. RDA just had Lawler's #.

To try to discount RDA's performance and act like we didn't see a fight is idiotic. Do you think any of Lawler's opponents besides Woodley had more success than RDA up until the time of injury? Absolutely not.

And lol at thinking RDA's cardio could have been a problem vs. Lawler. His "history of slowing down" would be in a fight in Mexico City against someone who pushes an insane pace. That's why we were all laughing when Cormier thought RDA was really going to slow down. Lawler is notorious for letting rounds slip away and having unexplained low output.

Sorry I don’t have a gif or video...
But basically his back was against the cage and RDA had his left leg laced and straightened out. So Robbie turns his leg to the right like how you would limp leg out of a single leg on the feet. Except he was on the ground and his leg was trapped by both of RDA’s legs and basically his whole body weight, essentially blowing out his own knee.

When Robbie got ‘dropped’ in the 3rd by the elbow he was just off balance cuz he couldn’t stabilize and twist on his leg while throwing crazy hooks so all it takes is a little push like an elbow or a jab to wobble Lawler.

Dude fought on 1 leg for 3 rounds

Sounds like u Trane UFC bruh

Yeah excuses.. because you know fighting on one leg affects nothing compared to being fully mobile with two working legs..

stfu noob you've clearly never trained or fought anyone before it makes a huge difference when one of your limbs are essentially dead and useless.. that's my point RDA fought great but it was against am injured Lawler ..wish we could of seen it play out with them both 100%.. that would of Been awesome
LOL @ noob as I might be as old enough to be your daddy, watched the very first UFC in a VHS tape back in 1994 and had practiced with some pioneers like Marcio Cromado and Arthur Mariano since then.
And yes, you sound like giving excuses.

Back