Lawler basically heel hooked himself in the 3rd

Sorry I don’t have a gif or video...
But basically his back was against the cage and RDA had his left leg laced and straightened out. So Robbie turns his leg to the right like how you would limp leg out of a single leg on the feet. Except he was on the ground and his leg was trapped by both of RDA’s legs and basically his whole body weight, essentially blowing out his own knee.

When Robbie got ‘dropped’ in the 3rd by the elbow he was just off balance cuz he couldn’t stabilize and twist on his leg while throwing crazy hooks so all it takes is a little push like an elbow or a jab to wobble Lawler.

Dude fought on 1 leg for 3 rounds
Just want some confirmation that he came into the fight HEALTHY and got hurt during the fight, right? I’m a big Ruthless fan but imo he got outclassed. Period. I’m already hearing he came into the fight with a leg injury and the fight would be totally different if he were “healthy” yada yada yada.

So you said he was locked up on the ground and now he was standing against the cage?I'll have to watch this part again,what round and what time?Not saying you're wrong,it's just not adding up for me.I'll watch it.
It’s the only takedown in the third round somewhere between 4:00 and 3:00 in the 3rd. RDA takes him off the cage super lightly, and Robbie is sitting there trying to get back to his feet. You will understand exactly what I mean because it’s kind of the same sequence as the TD except the takedown was super soft dude

Major props to robbie, always been a fan, but I think it's a bit much to say it cost him the fight. Maybe he would have taken over maybe not, but for some to say he lost due the injury when he was already down two doesn't give rda nearly enough credit.

All credit to RDA. He didnt choose for that to happen to Lawlers leg, but the fact does remain he spent the better part of 3 rounds fighting a one-legged man.

One of the most dangerous things about Lawler is that he comes out strong if he is down on the cards. Being hurt like that definitely changed Lawlers biggest threats.

Robbies corner shouldnt have let him go out for the 5th. He couldnt walk or stabalize.....

He was already down 2 rounds when the injury happened.......

I had it 1-1, but even 0-2, doesn't mean shit for Lawler. Has he ever fought a 5 round fight where he was up after 2 rounds?

Whats so funny ? Let me guess RDA ment to tweak his knee? Just like weidman meant to break silvas leg?

Come on dude be realistic the injury changed the outcome big time

The injury might have changed the circumstances of the fight, but not necessarily the outcome.

The injury might have changed the circumstances of the fight, but not necessarily the outcome.

The guy was basically emobilised ..your telling me a robbie Lawler who can move properly for 5 rounds doesn't win?..
RDA wouldn't have gotten top position if the knee wasn't gone
RDA wouldn't have been throwing a 26 second combo of Robbie could move off the cage
RDA wouldn't have been as agressive if robbie was able to meet him at every exchage

Way more then just circumstance bro

He was already down 2 rounds when the injury happened.......

They were highly competitive rounds vs the rest of the fight and you could make an argument that at least one of those rounds went to robbie..

The guy was basically emobilised ..your telling me a robbie Lawler who can move properly for 5 rounds doesn't win?..
RDA wouldn't have gotten top position if the knee wasn't gone
RDA wouldn't have been throwing a 26 second combo of Robbie could move off the cage
RDA wouldn't have been as agressive if robbie was able to meet him at every exchage

Way more then just circumstance bro

RDA took the first two rounds clean before Robbie got hurt. He was winning 100% of the fight. Robbie doesn't magically win a fight he was being outclassed in if only he didn't get injured.

Ok but RDA was winning the fight before that happed.

DC was pretty bad in this fight imo. He kept saying how RDA would slow down after the 48 hit combo and how Lawler is a brawler in the last rounds etc etc. Meanwhile in the real world Lawler was getting seriously beaten up and RDA never slowed the pace.
DC was on Robbie's balls the whole fight.

I had it 1-1, but even 0-2, doesn't mean shit for Lawler. Has he ever fought a 5 round fight where he was up after 2 rounds?

Lol what the hell. Not a single judge or play by play scored a round for Lawler. Furthermore, the only time Lawler was down 2 rounds in a 5 round fight was the only 5 round decision he lost vs. Hendricks at UFC 171. I'll take RDA as having the higher output in rds 3 through 5 over Lawler any day. No clue why people thought Lawler would have an advantage late.

Sorry I don’t have a gif or video...
But basically his back was against the cage and RDA had his left leg laced and straightened out. So Robbie turns his leg to the right like how you would limp leg out of a single leg on the feet. Except he was on the ground and his leg was trapped by both of RDA’s legs and basically his whole body weight, essentially blowing out his own knee.

When Robbie got ‘dropped’ in the 3rd by the elbow he was just off balance cuz he couldn’t stabilize and twist on his leg while throwing crazy hooks so all it takes is a little push like an elbow or a jab to wobble Lawler.

Dude fought on 1 leg for 3 rounds

I just rewatched the fight. The injury happened at the end of the 3rd round when he goes to put weight on it, right after RDA lands an elbow and he goes down. the "he fought injured for 3 rounds" narrative is bullshit. RDA had already decisively taken 3 rounds before the injury became an issue.

Most of those fights he ends up winning bullshit decisions like Condit, Hendricks 2.

RDA took the first two rounds clean before Robbie got hurt. He was winning 100% of the fight. Robbie doesn't magically win a fight he was being outclassed in if only he didn't get injured.

The first two rounds were competitive at best not 1 sided and 2 rounds doesn't Win a 5 round fight. .there's 3 hole rounds that could of gone differently without the injury

RDA fought great don't get me wrong and he's a good fighter but that fight was tainted

The first two rounds were competitive at best not 1 sided and 2 rounds doesn't Win a 5 round fight. .there's 3 hole rounds that could of gone differently without the injury

RDA fought great don't get me wrong and he's a good fighter but that fight was tainted

It could *have* gone differently, but it's not guaranteed. Your supposition was that Robbie would have won if he didn't injure himself. Maybe, but down 2 clear rounds, it's far from a guarantee.

It could *have* gone differently, but it's not guaranteed. Your supposition was that Robbie would have won if he didn't injure himself. Maybe, but down 2 clear rounds, it's far from a guarantee.

Actually my point was that it was a shame that he got injured and we didn't get to see what would happen if he wasn't injured a true fight between them..basically we will always wonder what this wins means for RDA as he beat an injured Lawler and we will wonder if Robbie healthy pulls out the victory against RDA ..it's a shame because it was a good fight

I wonder if no one asked Robbie about this on the post fight interview.
I haven't seen it, but I looked pretty obvious his knee was fucked up, and it looked like it happened on the third, since he said something about it to his corner.

By the way, people in these forums need do understand that saying that a trying to figure out if a guy had an injury during the fight or something it doesn't mean that the other guy sucks, that if it wasn't for the injury he would win or anything like that. It's just trying to understand what happened since it was clear that his leg was giving up.

These things happen in MMA. Would be a lot closer if it wasn't for the injury, but RDA still wins majority of the rounds.

Back