Lawler basically heel hooked himself in the 3rd

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Sorry I don’t have a gif or video...
But basically his back was against the cage and RDA had his left leg laced and straightened out. So Robbie turns his leg to the right like how you would limp leg out of a single leg on the feet. Except he was on the ground and his leg was trapped by both of RDA’s legs and basically his whole body weight, essentially blowing out his own knee.

When Robbie got ‘dropped’ in the 3rd by the elbow he was just off balance cuz he couldn’t stabilize and twist on his leg while throwing crazy hooks so all it takes is a little push like an elbow or a jab to wobble Lawler.

Dude fought on 1 leg for 3 rounds

But basically his back was against the cage and RDA had his left leg laced and straightened out. So Robbie turns his leg to the right like how you would limp leg out of a single leg on the feet. Except he was on the ground and his leg was trapped by both of RDA’s legs and basically his whole body weight, essentially blowing out his own knee.

When Robbie got ‘dropped’ in the 3rd by the elbow he was just off balance cuz he couldn’t stabilize and twist on his leg while throwing crazy hooks so all it takes is a little push like an elbow or a jab to wobble Lawler.

Did that cost him th fight? I think so. Even so no excuses.

Yeh. His left leg was fucked and his right leg was chewed up from the leg kicks

Did that cost him th fight? I think so. Even so no excuses.
I didn’t make any excuses I was just analyzing what happened. RDA would have won anyway and I picked him for this fight...

DC was pretty fucking delusional, claiming that it was RDA's leg kicks.

I feel bad for robbie because It was an injury that beat him essentially but i have a ton of respect for him as always the dude's a warrior a true warrior you can see it when he fights, when talks about fighting, when he's even in bad situations in a fight the guys either smiling or biting down on his mouth guard and fighting back..hands down my favorite fighter as far as warrior spirit goes..RDA is a great fighter too. .. shame this one will go down as we will never really know who won it truly as the injury severely changed the outcome

i think he corrected himself later as more info came in. he wasn't delusional, he made a reasonable conclusion based on what he was seeing, same as the rest of us. without hearing the corner cams would anyone have caught what actually happened?

jeez man tough crowd

Major props to robbie, always been a fan, but I think it's a bit much to say it cost him the fight. Maybe he would have taken over maybe not, but for some to say he lost due the injury when he was already down two doesn't give rda nearly enough credit.

Agreed, even ufc champs can be filthy casuals its disgusting

DC was pretty bad in this fight imo. He kept saying how RDA would slow down after the 48 hit combo and how Lawler is a brawler in the last rounds etc etc. Meanwhile in the real world Lawler was getting seriously beaten up and RDA never slowed the pace.

I feel bad for robbie because It was an injury that beat him essentially but i have a ton of respect for him as always the dude's a warrior a true warrior you can see it when he fights, when talks about fighting, when he's even in bad situations in a fight the guys either smiling or biting down on his mouth guard and fighting back..hands down my favorite fighter as far as warrior spirit goes..RDA is a great fighter too. .. shame this one will go down as we will never really know who won it truly as the injury severely changed the outcome
LOL

He told his corner "it was on a td" so i'm not sure about this theory.

Yeah TD while he’s cage walking back to his feet...

So you said he was locked up on the ground and now he was standing against the cage?I'll have to watch this part again,what round and what time?Not saying you're wrong,it's just not adding up for me.I'll watch it.

nah, lawler lost the first two, then lost three more. he was on his way to losing a competitive ud anyways.

i think he corrected himself later as more info came in. he wasn't delusional, he made a reasonable conclusion based on what he was seeing, same as the rest of us. without hearing the corner cams would anyone have caught what actually happened?

jeez man tough crowd

yeah I also assumed it was rda's leg kicks

regardless RDA deserves a ton of credit. fight took place at welterweight and RDA looked damn good until the injury occurred. also, similar to condit's injury against Woodley it was an offensive maneuver which caused the injury. it was just a freak 1/100000 thing that rarely happens.

lawler deserves all the credit in the world for fighting 2-3 rounds on that thing. the dude is really an atg when it comes to heart and gutsy performances.

Back