Last Week Tonight With John Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uh, humour isn't subjective? If his opinion is that those shows aren't funny....are you just gonna fling poop at him until he sees the light? I just think it's pretty weird and counter-productive. I mean if I said I didn't like a certain genre of music would you hurl insults at me and point out how popular some of the artists were? Maybe it's better to agree to disagree.
Is this that liberal relativism I keep hearing about?

I just watched this... absolutely brutal.

Oliver starts yelling at Slovakia, telling them that they need to not only let in immigrants, but also build mosques for them.

This shit is getting beyond weird

Yea Slovakia and Poland really got owned in that episode eh....I guess they can take some small comfort in their lack of gang rapes, machete attacks or trucks of peace since then.

Yea Slovakia and Poland really got owned in that episode eh....I guess they can take some small comfort in their lack of gang rapes, machete attacks or trucks of peace since then.

Apparently if you don't open your borders and start building mosques for migrants, you are literally Hitler

Says the millionaire immigrant Oliver who I'm guessing does not offer shelter to refugees in any of his properties

Apparently if you don't open your borders and start building mosques for migrants, you are literally Hitler

Says the millionaire immigrant Oliver who I'm guessing does not offer shelter to refugees in any of his properties

I pointed out in a couple of posts in this thread that Oliver is a corporate shill. He is being paid millions by a network that gave millions to the democratic party. He is also a hypocrite because he took advantage of a tax loop hole in order to save himself millions of dollars while purchasing property. This is the same behavior Oliver will smugly condemn the rich for doing, but he does it himself.

Is this that liberal relativism I keep hearing about?

Conservatives have an issue with the left's moral relativism. Moral relativism does not include one's taste in smug liberal political satirists.

I pointed out in a couple of posts in this thread that Oliver is a corporate shill. He is being paid millions by a network that gave millions to the democratic party. In addition to being smug, another reason I do not like these liberal political satirists is that they are paid to push an ideological agenda.

Conservatives have an issue with the left's moral relativism. Moral relativism does not include one's taste in liberal political satirists.
I was being tongue in cheek.

I just want to comment on how trump should he comedic T-ball, and yet it seems from Maher to Oliver to noah, they are taking 100 mph fastballs.

Maybe you aren't a very good comic if Donald trump is president, you do a political comedy show, and your show isn't that funny.

Don't get me wrong, Oliver's show is ok, Maher's show is ok sometimes, but when your batting below .300 at T-ball............

These are all aftermath of that epic Victory...
vincetrump.gif

He's useful if you ever forget what year it is currently.

I find jokes about liberals to be way more funny because liberals are so emotional, whiney, and self depricating. The jokes about conservatives always boil down to them being stupid because its harder to make fun of a group that is more masculine and aggressive.

It is pretty lame that Tim Allen is the only guy to have a non lefty political comedy show. There was some really good writing in his jokes on last man standing. Even a few jokes about Soros.

Last edited:
I have always laughed at John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and John Oliver. They are smart, sarcastic, and damn funny. With that said, the political attack shows are growing very old. Even if I agree, or laugh at a segment, I roll my eyes and wonder how much of it is comedy and how much is aching butthurt.

Are there even any right wing political comedy shows, and if there are/were, why are they not as well known?

Are there even any right wing political comedy shows, and if there are/were, why are they not as well known?

It would appear that there is a strong correlation between being left wing and having a sense of humor. I can't think of any right wing comedian; Bill Burr is probably the guy that comes the closest, but he is not insightful enough to make a political satire show I think.

My politics don't exactly align with theirs, but I can appreciate these types of shows. I didn't watch the latest one, but I watch John Oliver on YouTube, sometimes actually agree with him. Same with Samantha Bee, she has great writers and a smoking body, but dislike her attitude and when she gets overly PC sometimes.

It would appear that there is a strong correlation between being left wing and having a sense of humor. I can't think of any right wing comedian; Bill Burr is probably the guy that comes the closest, but he is not insightful enough to make a political satire show I think.
I suspect Burr is left-of-center, but just dislikes PC culture and isn't a political comedian. FWIW, he's from Massachusetts, his wife is black and his daughter is mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back