Last time you listened to the Howard Stern show?

VinnieVincent

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'd say 2010? Shortly after Artie Lange got kicked off the show (or kicked him self off the show ). Became unlistenable without him.

Those first few years on Sirius were great though. Anyone still listen?

It's been over 16 years. He is repetitive garbage. Good for a year or so though.

Half a year ago. It was ok bur nowhere close to the previous greatness.

Maybe when it was on E tv a long time ago. That shit ssucks. He isn’t funny. It’s the type of shit all the retarded friends I had in high school would have found funny when they were 15. Well, they probably still would find it funny because they never grew up. But I just never saw what the hype was all about other than he was supposedly shocking, but I didn’t think any of it was shocking. Just annoying. He might be the most overrated radio personality ever.

They had Beatle on. They played a game where the answer is always 5. He was terrible at it. It was fucking hilarious. Have to say Howard doesn't try to push boundaries anymore and it's not as good without Artie. I still watch old clips on YouTube from time to time. His old stuff is gold.

I'm a long time fan, but it's been hard to listen to since Artie was canned. He's living in his own little insulated world now, and is has left control of his empire to a cultish group, Getting things done, and has the companies former CEO running the Stern show now. That's why so many things have changed in the past 5 or so years. Plus he's getting old, and went Hollywood. Howard is still one of the best interviewers out there, but the show lost its edge years ago. His first few years at Sirius, were the best. The whole team was firing on all cylinders and free from the FCA. Losing Artie, Robin getting Cancer, and the Getting things done people, have had a big impact.

1993 was the last time I was in a conversation about the Howard Stern Show.

Never was the last time I've listened to it.

I never really listened to the show,Im not much for radio. I religiously watched the E! show and listened to some classic snippets. I like Stern and felt he was an innovator and pushed for his vision,but id imagine he is probably old and stale now.

I'd say 2010? Shortly after Artie Lange got kicked off the show (or kicked him self off the show ). Became unlistenable without him.

Those first few years on Sirius were great though. Anyone still listen?

i used to love listening to howard stern. i still watch old clips from the glory years, which i'd say are between 95' to about 10'. once howard sold out to become friends with hollywood celebrities, the show became unlistenable. he blatantly talked shit about lots of hollywood celebs, and now he's kissing their asses. he lost his edge, which was the reason why people loved him.

artie has talked about this numerous times on his own podcast, and on other podcasts and interviews. i guess part of it is the fact that he's becoming older, and of course people change. howard in his prime is still probably the best radio there has ever been period. it's just sad at the radical change he made. he kind of betrayed his fans. he can't be surprised that many people stopped subscribing to his show.

Maybe when it was on E tv a long time ago. That shit ssucks. He isn’t funny. It’s the type of shit all the retarded friends I had in high school would have found funny when they were 15. Well, they probably still would find it funny because they never grew up. But I just never saw what the hype was all about other than he was supposedly shocking, but I didn’t think any of it was shocking. Just annoying. He might be the most overrated radio personality ever.

he-himself isn't funny, but i think howard was a genius at on-the-fly observations, and he was great at asking the questions the audience was wondering about when guests were on his show. he had a great rapport with the classic crew of fred, jackie, gary, artie, etc. the only person who was and continues to be a complete waste of space is robin. i think the only reason they kept her there, was for racial absolution when they would make jokes of black people.

My truck took a shit over the holidays and I had to rent a car at Hertz to drive some pounds to the bay. The car had Sirius radio and I listened to Stern the whole time, the we're playing throwback shows from the 90's and 2000's and it was some of the best shit ever. I had never heard his old stuff before and see why he was so great. He got Carmen Electra, Leticia Cline, and numerous other hot chicks on the sybian. It was a great show back in the day.....especially with Artie. Always hated Robin though.

Every now and again I still listen, but now its more once a week (or 3 day BS work week they do). I just don't feel the show over the last 5-8 years has held up. I understand you can't compare it to what the show was in prime mid 90's to mid 2000's, and you can't expect a 65 year old Stern to be in the same place he was, but it seemed right around his AGT gig is when it turned badly very quickly.

here is a hilarious video of when howard was still great. it's a rather long video. watch the first ten minutes, and see what you think. it only gets better after that:

When he had Gregg Allman on he wouldn't shut the fuck up to let Gregg finish what he was saying and kept on wanting details about Gregg's fathers murder.

Never listened live and didn't get into Howard until after artie left but at some point a few years ago I consumed every Howard video on YouTube and now listen to the older bits or compilation videos (p dot) almost daily as background noise.

I listen daily. Still has some good content but listening to his staff gets annoying and he falls back on that a lot.

Before he joined Sirius so, yeah, it’s been awhile.

It's been a long time. Before he moved to Sirius.

he-himself isn't funny, but i think howard was a genius at on-the-fly observations, and he was great at asking the questions the audience was wondering about when guests were on his show. he had a great rapport with the classic crew of fred, jackie, gary, artie, etc. the only person who was and continues to be a complete waste of space is robin. i think the only reason they kept her there, was for racial absolution when they would make jokes of black people.

Yeah, I think you’re right about that last part. Either that or loyalty because she stuck with him early on.

Back