The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

Blackhawk Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

At the 1:06:30 mark of the video, Nolan North (voice of David in TLOU) confirmed Naughty Dog is working on a sequel game.

Can't say i'm surprised with how good the first game was, but i'm hyped nonetheless! I honestly wouldn't mind an entirely new set of characters, Joel and Ellie's story was very nicely done and concluded in the first game.

***UPDATE***
2018 E3 Gameplay Reveal Trailer
via @LogicalFighting

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the huge success of the first game, this isn't surprising.

Only question is if it'll continue the story of Joel and Ellie. It ended on a perfect note, being ambiguous, I'm actually hoping they don't.

Only question is if it'll continue the story of Joel and Ellie. It ended on a perfect note, being ambiguous, I'm actually hoping they don't.

Agreed. Some other possible options:

-Joel and Tommy's years before they split up
-Tommy's time spend with the Fireflies
-Ellie's immune story years down the line
-Different part of the country with new characters
-Different part of the world with new characters.

I just want them to find a cure and to have a happy ending.
I know that it goes against the grain of everything ending on a down note, but I'm that guy... The happy warrior.

Agreed. Some other possible options:

-Joel and Tommy's years before they split up
-Tommy's time spend with the Fireflies
-Ellie's immune story years down the line
-Different part of the country with new characters
-Different part of the world with new characters.

That's what I'm hoping.

It'd be interesting to see NYC in a world like TLoU.

I think it would be a pretty awesome twist to play as some of the guys in David's camp. Maybe play some characters that lead a rebellion...a rebellion that is brutally and violently quelled in the finale. Fits in with the downer thing, after all.

I wouldn't mind having a game about Ish. I always wondered what happened to that guy who started that community in the sewers.

I loved the first one. Not sure I need a second. I guess from a financial standpoint they'd be stupid not to do if but I don't think every game needs a sequel.

Yes, thank you Jesus.

I would've preferred this as a DLC, but I'd love to play in a band of hunters. A more group camaraderie, very different atmosphere, new storyline, same world.

Then have their story end by connecting to Joel and Ellie's. It could be the group of hunters that set the road block for them, for example. Joel as a final boss would be both horrifying and thematically appropriate.

I don't want Joel or Ellie near this game. Their story ended perfectly.

I think it's time for a completely fresh experience.

Given the huge success of the first game, this isn't surprising.

About a year ago, Naughty Dog said that if they're going to make a sequel that they're done with Joel & Ellie's story.

I honestly would've liked to see a prequel. Right after Joel's daughter dies it says '20 years later,' I'm wondering what happened in those 20 years. Obviously they were fighting to survive, but it'd be pretty cool if it went into detail because 20 years is a long time.

At the same time, it wouldn't be the same without Ellie in it. Prequel or not, I'm very excited for a 2nd game. I'm confident it will be just as good if not better than the first. Naughty Dog makes the best games, in my opinion. They just get better and better.

About a year ago, Naughty Dog said that if they're going to make a sequel that they're done with Joel & Ellie's story.

I honestly would've liked to see a prequel. Right after Joel's daughter dies it says '20 years later,' I'm wondering what happened in those 20 years. Obviously they were fighting to survive, but it'd be pretty cool if it went into detail because 20 years is a long time.

At the same time, it wouldn't be the same without Ellie in it. Prequel or not, I'm very excited for a 2nd game. I'm confident it will be just as good if not better than the first. Naughty Dog makes the best games, in my opinion. They just get better and better.

Prequels are so clich

Great story and presentation but fix the combat mechanics. And no more QTE's. They should never have survived the 90's.

Great story and presentation but fix the combat mechanics. And no more QTE's. They should never have survived the 90's.

The game wasn't intended for constant combat though. You're supposed to be stealthy, trying to sneak past enemies and infected without getting into combat. Especially on hard mode and up where ammo is incredibly scarce.

What was wrong with the combat?

What was wrong with the combat?

Melee is clunky and unresponsive, which turns it into mindless button mashing when you get the press x to not die prompt. QTE's are horribly lazy and boring and have no place in modern games.

Half the time you die, you have no idea why your button mashing was ineffective. There is very little feedback during combat and consequently no way to learn or improve your button mashing technique.

The shooting mechanics are alright but ammo and arrows are scarce. It would be nice to avoid melee altogether but some areas are impossible to stealth your way through unfortunately.

Melee is clunky and unresponsive, which turns it into mindless button mashing when you get the press x to not die prompt. QTE's are horribly lazy and boring and have no place in modern games.

Half the time you die, you have no idea why your button mashing was ineffective. There is very little feedback during combat and consequently no way to learn or improve your button mashing technique.

The shooting mechanics are alright but ammo and arrows are scarce. It would be nice to avoid melee altogether but some areas are impossible to stealth your way through unfortunately.

It's a stealth game though. You're supposed to be an ordinary guy who's a bit of a badass, not Kratos. I can't remember many situations where you were absolutely forced to fight.

It's a stealth game though. You're supposed to be an ordinary guy who's a bit of a badass, not Kratos. I can't remember many situations where you were absolutely forced to fight.

Because you weren't. You can pretty much sneak and choke your way through the entire game if you want, minus some scripted events.

The combat worked fine. I'm guessing kidbaize didn't like the clicker insta-kills though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back