Economy Last days of Tesla. Closing a dozen solar plants. Loses deal with Home Depot.

They are going to be fine, is just sad that there is this fucking war against tesla/musk from other companies.
There is no way Tesla/musk can't loose for mankind own good.
People are freaking up for a few tesla accidents regarding their auto pilot, but they still buy shitty ass cars (Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, European, Japanese,etc) full of recalls and 1930 technology.
Here's the problem with Musk as I see it.

Those of us that live in a more rural area either:
1.) Need something that can haul stuff like a truck and he currently doesn't have anything available

2.) The pricepoint for now immediately puts people "out of the running" so to speak to even afford one.

I listened to a Podcast that argued that Musk’s M.O. is collecting subsidies. That’s his game. He is obviously interested in reaching Mars, but many of his projects are revenue funnels towards that aim. His projects gravitate towards areas where he can collect subsidies (about 4 billion to date.)
I have a thread about this..... somewhere in the DUMP.
Mods didn't want to talk about this a few months ago.....

The company is not going away. So they shut down some solar plants there are still what, 60? Home Depot sucks doing business with. The new Gigafactory in Sparks is ridiculous. This is not the beginning of the end, at all.

Here's the problem with Musk as I see it.

Those of us that live in a more rural area either:
1.) Need something that can haul stuff like a truck and he currently doesn't have anything available

2.) The pricepoint for now immediately puts people "out of the running" so to speak to even afford one.
I get what you are saying, but eventually tesla will come up with a truck that can haul anything with that amazing torque from the electric motors

His problem is he should not be running shit.

He is an idea man but reality escapes him.

Very few real idea people can make their ideas come true in any practical way.

He needed or needs to give control to the people that know how to get his stuff out there and working and do what he does best.

I think that all of the Doom and Gloom is a lot of people that are hoping he'll fail. Let's take a look... Who would benefit most from Tesla autos going under?

Follow the money..

@PEB has more info on Tesla.

Elon Musk got to sleep with a prime Tallulah Riley, so this was all worth it.

His problem is he should not be running shit.

He is an idea man but reality escapes him.

Yeah, it is just an accident he made billions off of different businesses .
Very few real idea people can make their ideas come true in any practical way.

He needed or needs to give control to the people that know how to get his stuff out there and working and do what he does best.

Yeah, he made billions by accident.

They are going to be fine, is just sad that there is this fucking war against tesla/musk from other companies.
There is no way Tesla/musk can't loose for mankind own good.
People are freaking up for a few tesla accidents regarding their auto pilot, but they still buy shitty ass cars (Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, European, Japanese,etc) full of recalls and 1930 technology.

Mankind may need to move away from oil but it doesn't need tesla. Nothing aside from autopilot is revolutionary.

Yeah, he made billions by accident.

And he will lose it all.

He is a great idea man and can build his ideas with a little help.

However he doesn't have the focus of a bussness man for the long run.

I say this not to belittle him or anything he is done as I wish him the best but as someone looking in.

Elon Musk is a guy that would benefit from human cloning more than anyone else on the planet right now. The dude is absolutely brilliant and has work ethic for days, but he quite literally does not have enough hours in the day to be able to do every project he wants to. Between an electric car company, solar energy for everyone, getting people to Mars with reusable rockets, tunnels, the hyper-loop, Open AI, and he's even talked about a hypersonic electric plane, he is simply too busy for one person.

I suppose, in that sense, he shared something with the "original" Tesla, who would've probably been remember much more fondly historically, if not for focusing on dozens and dozens of massively ambitious projects which did not come close to being realized, until a hundred years later. He should've stuck to the craft that got him to where he was at, electrical engineering. But then again, his concepts on wireless networks, etc. may have motivated others to eventually seek out such possibilities, even if they were unachievable in his own time.

Perhaps Musk, too, will eventually motivate someone to actually achieve what he set out to accomplish.

I guess this also serves as evidence that running a business, with scientific goals, is not as simple as running a completely state-funded scientific operation, like the Chinese do, with no regard for the financial losses.

And he will lose it all.

He is a great idea man and can build his ideas with a little help.

However he doesn't have the focus of a bussness man for the long run.

I say this not to belittle him or anything he is done as I wish him the best but as someone looking in.

All he is is businessman. He doesn't design shit. Writing code at paypal was probably the last time he was in the trenches.

All he is is businessman. He doesn't design shit. Writing code at paypal was probably the last time he was in the trenches.

Then I have him confused with someone. So never mind my post.

“People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But that's not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I'm actually as proud of the things we haven't done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.”

Steve Jobs

I'm going to use this quote against my CEO

I'm going to use this quote against my CEO

That was an epiphany to me. I have similar problems as Musk but on a much smaller scale. No focus. I think Jobs actually learned it from art. Art cannot be objective. It just can't be. You need to make a subjective decision to get anywhere. You have to focus on one thing. Or one aspect of that thing. Before I heard that quote I heard another that resonated with me and I always remembered. Coco Chanel of all people. She said elegance is the art of refusal. That is Apple. Not that it can work for any business but that is their thing. Actually I think it is good advice in general. Maybe not the theme of every company but something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Well at least Tesla got the larger manufacturers to start looking seriously at hybrids and electric. That´s at least a plus.

He actually prides himself on doing very little managing and business, spending most of his time on engineering and design. For better and worse (words chosen carefully), he’s the antithesis of your prototypical CEO.

Back