Economy Last days of Tesla. Closing a dozen solar plants. Loses deal with Home Depot.

This is why Steve Jobs was so great. Focus. What is focus? Focus is about saying NO. Musk said yes to everything. No focus. Now he is trying to streamline Tesla but it is too late. I bet those trucks never get delivered either. As Jobs said, he created something that was less than the sum of its parts. So many great ideas but ended up being less as a whole. And it is a management issue. It is on Musk. He never put a bullet in the head of any thing. Jobs loves to kill.

Electric car maker Tesla's move last week to cut 9 percent of its workforce will sharply downsize the residential solar business it bought two years ago in a controversial $2.6 billion deal, according to three internal company documents and seven current and former Tesla solar employees.

The latest cuts to the division that was once SolarCity — a sales and installation company founded by two cousins of Tesla CEO Elon Musk — include closing about a dozen installation facilities, according to internal company documents, and ending a retail partnership with Home Depot that the current and former employees said generated about half of its sales.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/tesla-to-close-a-dozen-solar-facilities-in-9-states-documents.html

This Musk dude is almost as bad as Bernie Cuckie Sanders.

Tesla factory becomes literal dumpster fire after recycling machinery goes up in flames
A machine used to recycle paper caught fire at Tesla’s Fremont, California, campus last night.

[<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn][<dunn]

You know some gay guys are dancing around this right now

Reminds me of this.

https://www.jimcollins.com/concepts/the-hedgehog-concept.html

hedgehog-concept.jpg

the hedgehog reminds me of Ron Jeremy

I’ve been rooting for his success but Musk seems to be falling apart at the moment.

Turning Tesla into the “build a bear” of car manufacturers would be a desperate pivot. Fortunately the article specifically states the headline is clickbait (I don’t think I’ve seen that before) and that Tesla isn’t suggesting this to increase production.

Musk does seem to lack focus. Production for the model 3 isn’t on track? Time to start planning our next 10 vehicles.

I dunno, Musk has been in incredibly dire straights before, on the verge of failure with both Space X and Tesla and then he's brought it all back.

I admire his balls and his stubbornness. We'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

I sincerely doubt that Musk is a genius.

Seems to be highly creative and highly ambitious, a good salesman, a big talker and a grand bullshitter, definitely full of himself. But I'm skeptical of everyone calling him a genius. I just don't see it. I see bright but unfocused. Tbf, a lot of people get far with those same traits.

Seems to be highly creative and highly ambitious, a good salesman, a big talker and a grand bullshitter, definitely full of himself. But I'm skeptical of everyone calling him a genius. I just don't see it. I see bright but unfocused. Tbf, a lot of people get far with those same traits.

069.jpg

From what I have read, its a sinking ship. Production is way off the expectations.(auto)

The problem with using others people's money is eventually you run out of other people's money.

There's only so much money he can raise. He is real close to that.

I wish he would stay with autos. Fuck everything else. (For now)

They've been saying this about Tesla and Musk for a decade now, and they've always been wrong. Stock has nearly doubled in a year, and is up from last month.

The main problem they have currently is not being able to meet demand. In the long list of possible problems that's about the best one a company can have.

Last edited:
I support what he's trying to do, but I don't think he's the guy to get it over the finish line (referring to electric vehicles).

I'd have to imagine after Q2 wraps up and they report that they burned another $700mil in cash, investors will start to flee.
its a myth that musk is "getting it over the finish line" plenty of other manufacturers have driven electric car growth, musk is just (until recently) good at self promotion.
his cars up till now were expensive playthings for rich guys, until he gets an affordable mass produced car right, and hes running out of investors , its just another car company in trouble.

Fuck sakes. I was cheerin for him.

Should have focused on gettin the tesla cost down for the average consumer and available to sell. I would have gladly bought one.

I listened to a Podcast that argued that Musk’s M.O. is collecting subsidies. That’s his game. He is obviously interested in reaching Mars, but many of his projects are revenue funnels towards that aim. His projects gravitate towards areas where he can collect subsidies (about 4 billion to date.)

Isn't he the guy who launched the rockets to take a satellite into space and had them land themselves back on the launch pad? I think he'll be ok.

Just make one car well FFS. Forget about solar panels, rockets, boring, trucks and just make an awesome sedan.

True but guys like him and Jobs seem very set in their ways. We never saw jobs really "evolve" much did we? I mean, the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad are all basically different sized versions of the same thing. Just one only hold music, another can do the same shit as the other too AND make calls.

Jobs evolved a lot. I think you’re understating the significance of other inventions, like the first Mac pc, the first graphic based operating system, Microsoft windows before windows, the mouse, yeah the mouse, the MacBook Air.

dude needs to sell more "not flamethrowers".. i want one for the lulz

They are going to be fine, is just sad that there is this fucking war against tesla/musk from other companies.
There is no way Tesla/musk can't loose for mankind own good.
People are freaking up for a few tesla accidents regarding their auto pilot, but they still buy shitty ass cars (Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, European, Japanese,etc) full of recalls and 1930 technology.

Musk is a hack. Everyone thinks electric cars are, in theory, a good idea. We need someone that can actually make it practical.

Back