Last boxing ppv did 50k

Apparently. The UFC is growing and expanding into other territories and constantly signing new deals. But, by all means, focus on TJ's and Crawdford's pockets instead of caring about good matchups.
ye like bisping fighting unranked 50 year olds lol

<41>

Mayweather vs Pacquaio is an outlier. UFC consistently does better than boxing PPV's, which is the important thing.
If your trying to suggest that MMA is more successful than Boxing, sorry but you have gone......
8451d_ORIG-full_retard.jpg

ye thats what dana is doing with TJs money lol
investing it
ye
he's obviously investing. he's not putting back in the fighter's purse, that's pretty clear, but they're investing it. they're not just shoving up their asses

Useless stat. Boxing PPV success is based on the matchup. Will any UFC ever match paq vs mayweather at 4.4 million buys?

Canelo vs. Golovkin will do 2 milion buys easy.

even if that is possible, the money going back into the sport will be less noticeable as the fight will likely happen when ggg is out of his prime coz canelo is too scared of losing ppv's from a loss or something. this will hurt boxing more in the long term imo.

he's obviously investing. he's not putting back in the fighter's purse, that's pretty clear, but they're investing it. they're not just shoving up their asses
4DVcEqq.jpg

Apparently. The UFC is growing and expanding into other territories and constantly signing new deals. But, by all means, focus on TJ's and Crawdford's pockets instead of caring about good matchups.
Good matchups is basically what they have but it does come at a cost. Namely fighter compensation.

Obviously some is reinvested but how much just lines their pockets?

dam i hate that link site. I think all the stories on there are written by kids with no degrees in journalism. Not saying numbers arent true cause 50k sounds about right but that site is pure shit.

While the PPV model might be outdated - it is, actually - I feel that comparing these more recent fighters to fellows that were breaking 1 million is perhaps unfair. I'm not saying that the talent isn't there, but the there is a overall dearth of effort and vision on the part of the promoters and broadcasters to hook a new generation of fans. MMA is a new sport getting a ton of fans because the UFC created a brand and made people believe in it. Fun fights were a big part of it, but brand power was too. I caught myself the other day wondering when the next UFC fight was, but not giving a damn about a Bellator card later on next month that actually looked pretty promising. Then I caught myself, and realized the mistake.

Maybe PPV needs to be revised in the internet age. The old generation would purchase PPV's because that's how they did things/knew how to watch the fight, so that's how they followed the fighters they knew. Today? Different landscape.

50k sucks for PPV sales. Not even worth having. Investing in the fighters and in informing the market can help though.

Its still rumored. We wont find out until next week.

For what its worth, the last 3 PPVs were all rumored to be much less than the actual numbers

The insecurities are palpable. Mmmm.

Back