Lassiter Jiu jitsu...???

An alleged brown belt competing (and losing) as a blue belt!?! Sad indeed! Very unethical in my opinion, no matter the lay off. Not to mention no legit BJJ brown belt would wear a lower belt after being promoted. And then avoid the simple question of lineage which can be interpreted either (1) he was not promoted by a competent authority, or (2) He simply purchased a belt and slapped on some stripes. Either way, the guy appears to me to be unethical to say the least.

Theres a difference between the AGA rules and the IBJJF rules, Since I was competing when you were in diapers under AGA rules, I had a little trouble adapting to the IBJJF rules. And yes, I lost a match to a blue belt who was well versed in the ibjjf rules, I was in control the whole time and he scored points, My God man...

The masters at the time didn't have brown. They had White and Blue, I chose the higher of the 2. If they would have offered brown at the time I would have done exactly as you said. Much respect...

In that case you should not have competed since they did not have your category. If anything go up or compete with the adults. I bet they had an adult brown belt division. To me you are disingenuous. Especially since we all know that no well run tournament would allow a brown belt to drop to blue. But thats just my opinion, you are the one that looks at yourself in the mirror. But really, who promoted you?

In that case you should not have competed since they did not have your category. If anything go up or compete with the adults. I bet they had an adult brown belt division. To me you are disingenuous. Especially since we all know that no well run tournament would allow a brown belt to drop to blue. But thats just my opinion, you are the one that looks at yourself in the mirror. But really, who promoted you?

really? I have been to a number of tournaments where there were brown or black belts that had no-one to compete against, and they normally ask the other competitors if they mind and combine the divisions.

Sure as#$%^&*! Send the F$#@^%& e-mail and ask them how he's doing in the cemetery, you computer mental midget! Go be a hero because you're tired of being a loser. Here's your F$#@^%& answer you prick! Thanks for the disrespect! It's so easy to point the finger isnt it? I had my reasons, I tried to be respectful and you couldn't let it be...

Ryan "bam bam" Boehm 3rd black (deceased) under Royler Gracie

I don't have anyone... So therefor I'm nothing. Not even a white belt. You happy now? If not go jump out a window. Can we all let this rest now please. Now you know why I had trouble answering the question. It's heavy on my heart. I'm just trying to do what's right and trying to show some respect unlike some of you people who think you know everything and don't have all the facts...

END OF THREAD!!!

Wow. That sucks if true. I mean I'm not saying I don't believe you...Because I don't care about this really...but....

How would someone who did care know that you didn't just make that up?

Or better yet..that you didn't just google a deceased BB and use his name knowing it cannot be verified in most cases?

Just saying...

Apparently you are missing what I said a few posts ago. Please go back to the beginning of this forum and read everything. That way we can be on the same page... Thanks.

really? I have been to a number of tournaments where there were brown or black belts that had no-one to compete against, and they normally ask the other competitors if they mind and combine the divisions.

Wow, you are going to compare combining brown and black belt divisions to dropping from a brown belt and wearing a blue belt to compete?!? You answered your own question, you should competed in the black belt division WITH your brown belt on. Like I said, bump up not two belts down.

So who promoted you to brown again?

Wow. That sucks if true. I mean I'm not saying I don't believe you...Because I don't care about this really...but....

Or better yet..that you didn't just google a deceased BB and use his name knowing it cannot be verified in most cases?

Just saying...

I could not find anything on the net.

Please note a 3rd degree BB under Royler Gracie is pretty high level.
It would mean he was a BB under Royler for at least 9 years.

David Adiv is a 3rd degree as well.

Just saying...

Sherdog will find out for sure

Theres a difference between the AGA rules and the IBJJF rules, Since I was competing when you were in diapers under AGA rules, I had a little trouble adapting to the IBJJF rules. And yes, I lost a match to a blue belt who was well versed in the ibjjf rules, I was in control the whole time and he scored points, My God man...

When I was in diapers? I doubt it, I am 43 years old! And I competed at my belt Pans. And if I compete in a tournament that does not have a Seinor division, I fight with the youngster crowd. As you should have.

Wow, you are going to compare combining brown and black belt divisions to dropping from a brown belt and wearing a blue belt to compete?!? You answered your own question, you should competed in the black belt division WITH your brown belt on. Like I said, bump up not two belts down.

you replied to me, but i think you were aiming the second question at jiujitsu2000. I am a purple belt, not a brown. Some small hokey tournaments do some crazy things, I am not overly suprised if true.

Apparently you are missing what I said a few posts ago. Please go back to the beginning of this forum and read everything. That way we can be on the same page... Thanks.

I read the whole thread and still do not see you telling us who promoted you or your lineage. Must be a secret.

I think the most important thing that we need to verify is...

if this thread is crescent fresh. I am having a hard time deciding.

I could not find anything on the net.

Please note a 3rd degree BB under Royler Gracie is pretty high level.
It would mean he was a BB under Royler for at least 9 years.

David Adiv is a 3rd degree as well.

Exactly!

you replied to me, but i think you were aiming the second question at jiujitsu2000. I am a purple belt, not a brown. Some small hokey tournaments do some crazy things, I am not overly suprised if true.

Woops, my response was meant for him indeed. My apologies. I have seen some small odd tournaments do odd things indeed. But never a brown belt change belts to compete. Again, my apologies sir.

When I was in diapers? I doubt it, I am 43 years old! And I competed at my belt Pans. And if I compete in a tournament that does not have a Seinor division, I fight with the youngster crowd. As you should have.

You're right, The point that I'm trying to make is they did have masters and I competed in the highest belt that they offered at the time. You're also right I should have competed in the adult brown...

Hah.. bullshido to the rescue. You cant just make things up when it comes to BJJ. Most of us that train are so passionate and have worked so hard at legitmate dojos/academies to stomach absurdity. These fake self-promoted morons will be found out.

or compete as an ADULT at your supposed rank, instead of doing MASTER's 3 ranks below what you're claiming to hold??

How would you feel if some guy put a picture of himself wearing a BTT gi and a black belt with red stripe + 3 degrees?

Lets put it this way, if i didnt know him, i would ask him directly, and if he was beating around the bush like this guy is, id call Master Murilo directly and get to the bottom of it within minutes.

No games here,

Yeah, thats exactly why you werent saying who gave you your Brown Belt, and now it comes out that your instructor passed away. Which is tragic, and i have sympathy for his family (ive never heard of him, so im assuming that he did exist).

Who are you ranked under and what are your ranks?

I am a Blue Belt under Marcelo Perdomo, 3rd degree Black Belt under Murilo Bustamante. (1999 World Champion, Black Belt Division, Former UFC Middleweight Champion.)

My lineage:
Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlson Gracie Sr. -> Murilo Bustamante -> Marcelo Perdomo -> Me.

Your turn. When did you receive your Brown, and who gave you the stripes? I still think an email to Royler is in order.

Last edited:
RGDA Schools

About RGDA

No mention of Ryan "Bam Bam" Boehm, or Lassiter.

Its worth noting, that its not my intention to slander, or be insensitve towards Boehm, but there remains ZERO information about him. Other than he was a 3rd degree Black Belt under Royler.

Lets just email RGDA and get to the bottom of all this.

Back