Lassiter Jiu jitsu...???

search Lassiter using the forum search. I think there is a regular poster (bobbybuds?) whose profile says something about Lassiter. Might be able to shed some light...

You guys have no respect. I'm not the next Helio by no means. I never claimed to be. I’m simply a person who is passionate about the martial arts. You misread what I was saying. I said "I took the application of leverage from the art and taught it to my students". I'm no coward or fraud. You’re sure strong on this internet. You guys must be tuff as hell in real life. Yes I hold a 4th stripe brown belt in BJJ. And yes I hold a 3rd dan in american karate. Yes I teach LJJ. Yes I’m an unverified Gracie Garage leader. Yes I competed at blue masters in October 2008. This competition was after a 7 years away from the sport. Doing absolutely Nothing in the sport. I thought blue would be appropriate considering I was basically starting over in this sport after all that time. I explained this on the blog but you apparently didn't read that. I competed alot in arizona and new mexico in the mid to late 90's and I have plenty of trophies and video footage to prove it. I don’t need to prove it to anyone. Either you believe or you don’t. No sweat off of my back. I competed in the uska nationals twice one in 99 and one in 2000. I lost in the FINALS to a friend from phoenix. I took a silver medal home twice in the Nationals. Both events were held in Albuquerque. I used to compete with Greg Jackson's students and Greg himself is a personal friend of mine. He knows who I am. I knew him before his rise to fame. My true friends know who I am. They know where I've been. They know what I’m about. Anyone who would like to come to Winslow and train with me to see if I'm legit, Feel free...

send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to set up a training session...
[email protected]

Whenever someone does something good theres always going to be criticism. I completely understand that. My style of LJJ is a hybrid martial art that I've put together consisting of many styles of the martial arts. It has BJJ, Ninjitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, and some Aikido. I call it LJJ because the majority of the style is focused on ground work. I teach it in a totally different order as well as a different way than most BJJ schools do. I've had several students that trained at other BJJ schools and like my system better than some because of the fact that I have my own personal curriculum and that it's in a format where they know exactly what they need to do for promotion. It makes their goals for advancement clearer. I'm not saying that we’re better than anyone. I don't believe that point based competition is the only method of advancement. In my opinion I feel that point based competition actually can ruin the martial art a little. I'm working on a blog post on that topic to explain my thoughts in further detail. Please feel free to read and give feedback I appreciate it. My blog was primarily meant for my students. I can’t be with them all the time because I have a full time job where I’m away at times. I decided to leave the blog open to the public because I felt that if I could explain or help someone somewhere, then it would all be worth while. The only true way to see what LJJ is about or to have me explain it in detail is to try it. Fell free...

There are many competitors who have a rank with one school, Let’s say for example, a blue belt. Then they join a new school as a white belt and go compete over the weekend as a white so they can bring home the gold. On Monday they go back to their blue belt school. This is sandbagging and I’m against it as are many people. It’s dishonest and unfair. I’ve always competed where I belong without a doubt. When I competed in 08 there was only 2 divisions for the masters, White and Blue. I competed in the highest division that was available in my age bracket at the time. In my blog post about the upcoming tournament I explained this. Now they have all the belt divisions. Too many people in my opinion focus way too much on a person's rank when they should be more concerned on focusing on the person and what they have to offer to the martial arts community. Royce said it best years ago... and I proudly post it on my blog because I totally agree with it...

"A black belt only covers two inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest."

- Royce Gracie

Why don't you verify your brown belt with the Gracie's? Who awarded you the belt?

My Judo instructor has his own twist on Japanese JuJitsu... so I know there can be value in these programs. The system is mainly Judo throws from flanks instead of traditional Judo grips along with old style Kosen Newaza. If it works, it's in his curriculum. This means there are no Aikido style wrist flicky stuff unlike other JJJ styles. There is also full Randori. I was skeptical before I tried the school, but now I think it's a great system. He does rank people freely within our school.

No one can tell you your system is bad without trying it. At the same time you need to realize that you shouldn't be comparing your style to what the Gracie's did with JJJ. Wearing a black belt in a self made hybrid art without actually holding a black belt in those composite arts can appear a little off to some people. You need to understand how it looks from the outside.

Why don't you just teach BJJ as a brown belt? Your personal style can still shine through, I think every instructor's style will get passed down to their students.

Sounds bogus, too lazy to go to az and try it out.

What is your actual rank in brazillian jiu jitsu?

Who promoted you to this rank?

On what date did they promote you?

Are you still affiliated with whomever promoted you to this rank?

Why don't you verify your brown belt with the Gracie's? Who awarded you the belt?

My Judo instructor has his own twist on Japanese JuJitsu... so I know there can be value in these programs. The system is mainly Judo throws from flanks instead of traditional Judo grips along with old style Kosen Newaza. If it works, it's in his curriculum. This means there are no Aikido style wrist flicky stuff unlike other JJJ styles. There is also full Randori. I was skeptical before I tried the school, but now I think it's a great system. He does rank people freely within our school.

No one can tell you your system is bad without trying it. At the same time you need to realize that you shouldn't be comparing your style to what the Gracie's did with JJJ. Wearing a black belt in a self made hybrid art without actually holding a black belt in those composite arts can appear a little off to some people. You need to understand how it looks from the outside.

Why don't you just teach BJJ as a brown belt? Your personal style can still shine through, I think every instructor's style will get passed down to their students.

To verify my rank with the Gracies, I would need to start all over at white belt...

Sounds bogus, too lazy to go to az and try it out.

What is your actual rank in brazillian jiu jitsu?

Who promoted you to this rank?

On what date did they promote you?

Are you still affiliated with whomever promoted you to this rank?

With all due respect sir,
I don't need to explain myself to you. Apparently you're so narrow minded in the martial arts that your only focus is on ones rank. There are many other factors that are much more important to worry about. Hopefully someday you'll grow up. I'm teaching a rape prevention and sexual assault seminar on Saturday. I'm doing good things with the martial arts for my local community. Are you?

To verify my rank with the Gracies, I would need to start all over at white belt...

that doesn't make any sense. if you were awarded a brown belt, then you're a brown belt...right? let's say Renzo Gracie awarded me a brown belt, then for whatever reason i didn't train for 5 years, but wanted to get back into it...i would come to class with my brown belt! i may be rusty as hell, but i would still wear the belt.

that doesn't make any sense. if you were awarded a brown belt, then you're a brown belt...right? let's say Renzo Gracie awarded me a brown belt, then for whatever reason i didn't train for 5 years, but wanted to get back into it...i would come to class with my brown belt! i may be rusty as hell, but i would still wear the belt.

Dude, Your exactly right. I totally agree, In fact one of Renzo's purple belts went to the Gracie academy and they told him that he was unverified. Renzo was pissed that they treated one of his guys that way. I undestand why they are doing this. In the early 90's Helio, Rorion and Royce ran the academy. A blue belt was awarded by being able to submit your fellow white belts, and so on. Look at gracieuniversity.com, and see all the unverified rank holders like myself... Now with Gracie university rank is earned by a set curriculum (By the new academy instructors Rener and Ryron Gracie) and doesn't have as much to do with submitting others as it once did...

With all due respect sir,
I don't need to explain myself to you. Apparently you're so narrow minded in the martial arts that your only focus is on ones rank. There are many other factors that are much more important to worry about. Hopefully someday you'll grow up. I'm teaching a rape prevention and sexual assault seminar on Saturday. I'm doing good things with the martial arts for my local community. Are you?

I thought you charged $40 for your seminar.

Now please explain.

You compete as a blue belt. who gave you the blue belt?

You now run an unverified Gracie Garage as a brown belt. who gave you the brown belt? How much do you charge for your GJJ lessons?

You wear a BJJ GI with Royler Gracie / Humaita logos + a Black belt with red stripe (with 3 degrees).

Do you think it is misleading people and disrepectful for the BJJ and Humaita students that train in this style of JJ?

Stop playing games, and hiding behind the whole, "I dont have to explain myself to you." speach, and just say who gave you your brown belt!

Stop playing games, and hiding behind the whole, "I dont have to explain myself to you." speach, and just say who gave you your brown belt!

How would you feel if some guy put a picture of himself wearing a BTT gi and a black belt with red stripe + 3 degrees?

Back