Crime Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
First 48 = Real Crime Scene Investigations
Main Stream Media = Government Agency sponsored sales ads to the masses funded by 6 billionaires.
the first 48 is a disney program. not sure how to get more mainstream

I had friends in and around the event. I had friend in the Aria and inside of Excalibur. All said people would come running in from outside saying there was a shooter, and in the panic the "telephone game" effect would occur, causing consistent false claims of shooters in those areas. The scanner supports this concept as consistently had "shots heard at ___" then followed by "at scene, no shooter".

People within high-stress scenarios they are not prepared for are the WORST at recalling what occurred and in what order.
I can agree.
Last year I was at UCLA during the shooting at engineering bldg 4. I was about 60’ away from the shooting. I had to evacuate the construction site and it was crazy how many people were freaking out making shit up..i finally got everyone to quad area (1/4 mile away) I had girls run past me screaming saying they think there’s multiple shooters on roof...lol. The swat was on roof by then. I could also hear people on there phone throwing all kinds of crazy stories. The worst was the dipshit kids snap chatting crying and bringing the hard melodramatics..even after shooter was dead and campus was secure.

In the end it was one guy (student)one gun,two deaths(student and professor).

But during the commotion,I heard 4-5 shooters, terrorists,it was taliban,it was nazis..all kinds of shit.

My point is..chaos Brings the derps

How the fuck do 52 people die of stingle bullet woulds and only 4 have multiple?

I’d also like to know the numbers of people with a bullet wound who lived. That might make this make more sense, but that ratio of single strikes to multiple seems wonk

Very good points.

How the fuck do 52 people die of stingle bullet woulds and only 4 have multiple?

I’d also like to know the numbers of people with a bullet wound who lived. That might make this make more sense, but that ratio of single strikes to multiple seems wonk

The percentage of those killed who were struck multiple times is twice that of the percentage of people who were at the festival who got shot, so it doesn’t seem that unbelievable.

I'll add something to this thread. This link to (ugh) Fox News shows that his girlfriend deleted her Facebook account a full one hour before authorities disclosed his name.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/1...ok-account-soon-after-shooting-data-show.html
Which either means she wasn't contacted by the shooter beforehand, or knew it was him when things went down. But she was supposedly out of the country when it happened.

But hey she was cleared of all wrong doings. Even tho she claims to possibly have her prints on the loaded magazines that he just bought ammo for days before shooting happened.

The real interesting part is the shooter allegedly emailing himself info about range rentals, optics and bumpfire devices, having a mini conversation; either he was just nuts, or talking to somebody.

I hadn't formulated any doubts from this new info yet, but this definitely stands out as a potential anomaly.

Anyone know much about the stopping power of these rounds at this distance? I'm not a gun guy.

The real interesting part is the shooter allegedly emailing himself info about range rentals, optics and bumpfire devices, having a mini conversation; either he was just nuts, or talking to somebody.

I email myself links all the time from work. Say I’m gonna go fishing next month, I’ll quick google search cabin rentals on the lake I wanna go to off google, and then at home I can go through those links and decide which is best

I think I actually did the same thing after I won a 7mm Rem Mag and decided on a Leupold vx3i for the scope to buy. I emailed myself different links to online availability prices to compare with getting it locally. Shit, I’m probably on a watchlist now

Last edited:
I email myself links all the time from work. Say I’m gonna go fishing next month, I’ll quick google search cabin rentals on the lake I wanna go to off google, and then at home I can go through those links and decide which is best
I do this all the time, especially when I find sales and shit so I see it when I get home and don't forget about it.

whats confusing? a high velocity bullet designed to fragment violently upon hitting flesh would do terrible things to you should you take a center mass shot. Through the lungs? better get to a 1st class ER room YESTERDAY. heart? youre dead af. combine that with lack of timely emergency response because of the sheer amount of people injured and the time it took to get to them and im surprised the body count was an order higher. Bump stock probably SAVED a bunch of peoples lives.

whats confusing? a high velocity bullet designed to fragment violently upon hitting flesh would do terrible things to you should you take a center mass shot. Through the lungs? better get to a 1st class ER room YESTERDAY. heart? youre dead af. combine that with lack of timely emergency response because of the sheer amount of people injured and the time it took to get to them and im surprised the body count was an order higher. Bump stock probably SAVED a bunch of peoples lives.
The guy was using surplus 5.56, most likely m855 BALL ammo, not frangible rounds, but good old, steel core, lead bullet brass full metal jacket bullets.

Fragmentation on a 5.56 round occurs within 100meters on a 20” barrel (round was designed for an 18” barrel) velocity drops below 2700fps, the fragmentation effects are lessened, this is why the maximum effective range on an M4 carbine (14.5” barrel) is 200m, even tho you can ring steel out to 800 yards easily with a good MOA rifle. This shooting was over 700m, there wasn’t a likelihood of fragmentation, most likely bullets were slow enough to tumble at that range.

Agreed on the bumpstocks Saving lives line. Compared to a real full auto M4, they are wildly inaccurate, but great fun to learn to bumpfire a rifle from the shoulder. I shoulder bump my Saiga quite often

The guy was using surplus 5.56, most likely m855 BALL ammo, not frangible rounds, but good old, steel core, lead bullet brass full metal jacket bullets.

Fragmentation on a 5.56 round occurs within 100meters on a 20” barrel (round was designed for an 18” barrel) velocity drops below 2700fps, the fragmentation effects are lessened, this is why the maximum effective range on an M4 carbine (14.5” barrel) is 200m, even tho you can ring steel out to 800 yards easily with a good MOA rifle. This shooting was over 700m, there wasn’t a likelihood of fragmentation, most likely bullets were slow enough to tumble at that range.

Agreed on the bumpstocks Saving lives line. Compared to a real full auto M4, they are wildly inaccurate, but great fun to learn to bumpfire a rifle from the shoulder. I shoulder bump my Saiga quite often
wasnt quite that far by a magnitude. The hotel is approx 1100 feet from where the concert was. add in he was what? 300 feet above street level? Rifle mans rule should go into effect. he was effectively half the distance youre quoting. shooting a beaten path 300 meters range give or take. without knowing for certain what ammo the guy was using and what he was shooting it from its all conjecture on my end though. as far as i know, the authorities havent released detailed information on the specifics of the firearm or ammunition.

wasnt quite that far by a magnitude. The hotel is approx 1100 feet from where the concert was. add in he was what? 300 feet above street level? Rifle mans rule should go into effect. he was effectively half the distance youre quoting. shooting a beaten path 300 meters range give or take. without knowing for certain what ammo the guy was using and what he was shooting it from its all conjecture on my end though. as far as i know, the authorities havent released detailed information on the specifics of the firearm or ammunition.
From pictures (speculation) it wasn’t tumble cleaned brass, that’s why I’m supposing it would be simple milspec 5.56 nato fmj.

Okay 350 yards or so, should still not be fragmenting at that range.

Okay 350 yards or so, should still not be fragmenting at that range.

Yeah not with xm193 or m855. 2500-2700 fps is considered the low end of the fragmentation threshold. Past 150-200 yards it's not likely to fragment.

Test1.1.gif

There are rounds that fragment down to 1900 fps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back