Larry Kudlow to replace Cohn as National Economic Council Director

tumblr_otzho5_Vd_C11qz4eqqo1_500.gif

In 1987 Kudlow was rehired by Bear Stearns as its chief economist and senior managing director. He was fired in 1994 after abuse of cocaine caused him to skip an important client presentation. Kudlow later admitted to a $10,000 a month cocaine habit.[18] Kudlow also served as an economic counsel to A. B. Laffer & Associates, the San Diego, California, company owned by Arthur Laffer, a major supply-sideeconomist and creator of the Laffer curve, an economic theory that relates the relationship between tax levels and government revenue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kudlow#Private_economist

<GinJuice>
Re. his Coke habit : If he was Black and Obama had hired him, the right wouldn't be able to contain themselves with racial remarks.

I am constantly amazed at the kind of stuff the Trump admin gets a pass from Conservatives, when they would crucify any Black politician for the same behavior.

I tried to have a $800 a month habit and just could take the not sleeping part. At $10,000 a month I guess you enter into some different reality where sleep is overrated.
At least you tried. How many of us can say that?

$10,000 a month?

I like him more now. That's impressive.

hello and good late evening HT,

i have to admit, that's alot of coke - and i do like Mr. Kudlow more also (except i am not kidding).

a6e61e536b878fe97d6cdccf9beb62b2996b76cc552a0aec6a35d9de7e3beefa.jpg

ten G a month = daily. a bump at breakfast and a quick line before bed. and lots of snacks all day long.
he was making bank on Wall St. and coked up out of his brain during the 80's in NYC, well goddamn - he must have been a very hilarious guy to hang with.

ten grand a month. i have to respect that kind of excess....its kind of reminds me of Gucci, you know? anything vulgar taken to extremes can become sort of beautiful in its own way.

i have to think about this more.

and he's still alive.

good on him.

- IGIT

i have to admit, that's alot of coke - and i do like Mr. Kudlow more also (except i am not kidding).

ten G a month = daily. a bump at breakfast and a quick line before bed. and lots of snacks all day long.
he was making bank on Wall St. and coked up out of his brain during the 80's in NYC, well goddamn - he must have been a very hilarious guy to hang with.

ten grand a month. i have to respect that kind of excess....its kind of reminds me of Gucci, you know? anything vulgar taken to extremes can become sort of beautiful in its own way.

and he's still alive.

good on him.

- IGIT
LOL, I was serious too. I bet he was sharing that beautiful powder with all kinds of classy chicks.

giphy.gif

Still, I wish I had $10gs to blow on a stupid habit.

hi Gregolian,

me too.

any news and bio relating to Mr. Kudlow, including his unfortunate supply side ethos, has suddenly been obscured and rendered almost irrelevant to me.

ten grand a month on coke. in New York City. the eighties. what fucking fun this guy must have had. what a sense of joie de vivre to spend that much money on coke.

he must have lived like there was no tomorrow.

i find that kind of inspiring.

its weird, because i can be in the Hamptons and see amazing houses...or be at the Ritz Carlton in my Honda whilst i watch Lexus, after Audi, after Porsche, after BMW roll up...or watch women leave the Louis Vuitton store nearby with their absurd purchases, and i feel nothing. like, i don't feel denied or envious...

...but a ten grand a month coke habit.

that really makes me aware of the limitations of an upper middle class income.

i feel diminished by it.

maybe Mr. Kudlow will be alright, despite all evidence to the contrary.

that's alot of coke.

- IGIT

LOL, I was serious too. I bet he was sharing that beautiful powder with all kinds of classy chicks.

giphy.gif

allo Homer,

i am still disoriented by how much coke that is. as i sit here enjoying my absolutely terrific kind bud, i have to respect that kind of habit.

anyone who has enjoyed their share of C has to be awed by Mr. Kudlow. he seems kind of superhuman to me.

- IGIT

Re. his Coke habit : If he was Black and Obama had hired him, the right wouldn't be able to contain themselves with racial remarks.

I am constantly amazed at the kind of stuff the Trump admin gets a pass from Conservatives, when they would crucify any Black politician for the same behavior.

heya MicroBrew,

lol.

rofl.

can you even imagine?

if Mr. Obama had a ten a grand a month coke habit, and this news came out in 2007...

hahahaha. that would be that. end of story.

- IGIT

hi Gregolian,

me too.

any news and bio relating to Mr. Kudlow, including his unfortunate supply side ethos, has suddenly been obscured and rendered almost irrelevant to me.

ten grand a month on coke. in New York City. the eighties. what fucking fun this guy must have had. what a sense of joie de vivre to spend that much money on coke.

its weird, because i can be in the Hamptons and see amazing houses...or be at the Ritz Carlton in my Honda whilst i watch Lexus, after Audi, after Porsche, after BMW roll up...or watch women leave the Louis Vuitton store nearby with their absurd purchases, and i feel nothing. like, i don't feel denied or envious...

i feel diminished by it.

that's alot of coke.

- IGIT
Post of the decade right here.

giphy.gif

hi Gregolian,

me too.

i feel diminished by it.

that's alot of coke.

- IGIT
Like, that sort of habit even Tony would be like "bro, you gots a problem man"

Who cares, he’ll be gone before the summer starts

hi KONG-D'SNT-TAP,

i only care about how much coke he did, really.

for someone who is a functional drug addict, this is an inspiring story. its like reading about a legless man scaling Everest, or maybe one of those bring-tears-to-your-eyes stories from the Paralympics.

*IGIT beams brightly*

and now he's serving in a Cabinet level position!

its one of those "feel good" stories - politics and rational economic policy notwithstanding.

ten grand a month.

wow!

- IGIT

and he's still alive.

good on him.

- IGIT

In the 80s quality coke woould have been $125/gm. So he went through 80grams a month?

Damn.

In the 80s quality coke woould have been $125/gm. So he went through 80grams a month?

Damn.

hi therealdope,

yeah, i did the math on that too.

i'm still sitting here, amazed.

i mean, that's like a bowl of cocaine.

wtf?

- IGIT

A lethal dose of coke is 1.2g according to the internets. 5g a day would require a very high tolerance.

2.3g/day is no joke. That's 20-35 rails a day!

I had to double check that quote to make sure it was not a parody

since its true

giphy.gif

Who is this coalition of willing trading partners that Trump has not slighted with his tariffs?

I think it's funny that both Trump and Clinton were under the delusion they could do better than the TPP.
The ship has sailed, China is more economically important to most of these countries than the US.

How did this dude get out of the Vietnam war? Had to study econ at school?

Back