Largest Sports Contracts in History - All Sports -

Jesus christ baseball pays a lot more than i imagined. Is baseball more popular then NBA and NFL in america?
There's no salary cap in baseball + the roster size is smaller (25 active players on a baseball roster versus NFL roster that's 53 active players).

Not only that but alot of the elite NFL players get paid similar yearly amounts to baseball it's just it's spread across two different 4-5 year deals (too much of a gamble to commit to 8-10 years when one play could cause a career ending injury).

Last edited:
I am shocked at how much more money there is in baseball than football. I was looking at the list and was like "oh they left football off this...." only to find the guys in the 30's. Baseball pays a lot of money.
Yearly money is actually similar. Tons of NFL players that are making 22-35million a year. List is deceiving due to the nature of NFL contracts

There not on the list because the list is single contracts. Most NFL contracts are broken up into multiple deals. For example the last 2 years of QB Aaron Rodgers last deal + the four years of his new deal combined is 190 million for 6 years. You include the two previous years and your at 8 years $245 million which is basically every baseball contract in the top 10 is

His average yearly amount would almost be top 5 on this entire list but since it's spread across two deals he's not technically anywhere on the list.

Last edited:
Yearly money is actually similar. Tons of NFL players that are making 22-35million a year. List is deceiving due to the nature of NFL contracts

There not on the list because the list is single contracts. Most NFL contracts are broken up into multiple deals. For example the last 2 years of QB Aaron Rodgers last deal + the four years of his new deal combined is 190 million for 6 years. You include the two previous years and your at 8 years $245 million which is basically every baseball contract in the top 10 is

His average yearly amount would almost be top 5 on this entire list but since it's spread across two deals he's not technically anywhere on the list.
<mma4>
You learn something everyday, thanks for that.

Better the money goes to players than owners but still what a waste of resources
??
Waste how? I would assume these are discretionary dollars being spent to support the sport so its more of a reallocation than a waste no?

??
Waste how? I would assume these are discretionary dollars being spent to support the sport so its more of a reallocation than a waste no?

We have a planet on the verge of climate catastrophe so I’d say complete waste of resources and brainpower

We have a planet on the verge of climate catastrophe so I’d say complete waste of resources and brainpower
Explain?

You have $200 discretionary income you are willing to spend on entertainment. If you don't spend it here are you saying it would go to averting climate catastrophe and one somehow prevents the other?

What if instead you did not value going to game but instead valued saving that money for a vacation. Is that a waste too?

Explain?

You have $200 discretionary income you are willing to spend on entertainment. If you don't spend it here are you saying it would go to averting climate catastrophe and one somehow prevents the other?

What if instead you did not value going to game but instead valued saving that money for a vacation. Is that a waste too?

Anything that doesn’t help keep the human race around beyond the next ceuntry would be a waste, yes. That is the level of the problem we are dealing with. Not that it matters.

Anything that doesn’t help keep the human race around beyond the next ceuntry would be a waste, yes. That is the level of the problem we are dealing with. Not that it matters.
Wow.

So you think any dollar spent by any individual person that is not necessary for their base survival and is not then put towards climate change is wasted?

So if all the gov'ts went all in on climate change right now, saying we get it... your view is that every Individual person should give every dollar they have outside sustenance or they are wasting them?

Pretty extreme dude.

Wow.

So you think any dollar spent by any individual person that is not necessary for their base survival and is not then put towards climate change is wasted?

So if all the gov'ts went all in on climate change right now, saying we get it... your view is that every Individual person should give every dollar they have outside sustenance or they are wasting them?

Pretty extreme dude.

We’re talking about the survival of the human race here...

We’re talking about the survival of the human race here...

Every human being on the planet, every penny they have not used for personal sustenance, given to combat global warming or that money is wasted. Not another cause or purpose on the planet worth considering.

Ya that is pretty extreme dude.

Every human being on the planet, every penny they have not used for personal sustenance, given to combat global warming or that money is wasted. Not another cause or purpose on the planet worth considering.

Ya that is pretty extreme dude.

You’re just ignoring what I’m saying and repeating your original point, the way most people do.

My position is only extreme based on your misperception of the threat we’re facing.

If I told you, you (and everyone else) must spend your discretionary income to pay for a rocket that would prevent an asteroid from smashing into our planet, or else, it would smash into our planet, would you say “that’s an extreme position”? Or would you first spend the money to stop the asteroid and then go back to normal?

Here’s a nice summary from fiction, and a fact check. I’m sure you’ll find a reason to ignore this too, but do as you will. Everyone else does.

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...hecks-aaron-sorkins-climate-science-newsroom/

You’re just ignoring what I’m saying and repeating your original point, the way most people do.

My position is only extreme based on your misperception of the threat we’re facing.

If I told you, you (and everyone else) must spend your discretionary income to pay for a rocket that would prevent an asteroid from smashing into our planet, or else, it would smash into our planet, would you say “that’s an extreme position”? Or would you first spend the money to stop the asteroid and then go back to normal?

Here’s a nice summary from fiction, and a fact check. I’m sure you’ll find a reason to ignore this too, but do as you will. Everyone else does.

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...hecks-aaron-sorkins-climate-science-newsroom/

I honestly do not know what you say I am misrepresenting. Just as with your asteroid example you are saying now, that with Climate Change, every single person should be giving over every single dollar they have outside subsistence (I am assuming??) to combat climate change.

100% of everything they have wealth and earnings wise NOW to combat climate change.

What do I have wrong there? I honestly read that as your position in all your posts here.

I honestly do not know what you say I am misrepresenting. Just as with your asteroid example you are saying now, that with Climate Change, every single person should be giving over every single dollar they have outside subsistence (I am assuming??) to combat climate change.

100% of everything they have wealth and earnings wise NOW to combat climate change.

What do I have wrong there? I honestly read that as your position in all your posts here.

You are correct on my position. The basis of my position is very rational: our species won’t be able to survive without that level of effort.

If you disagree or think I’m being extreme then that’s your prerogatives

Most people agree that their own temporary pleasures, or other issues, are more important than the survival of our species.

I don’t...

Although I also think it’s a hopeless cause at this point.

You are correct on my position. The basis of my position is very rational: our species won’t be able to survive without that level of effort.

If you disagree or think I’m being extreme then that’s your prerogatives

Most people agree that their own temporary pleasures, or other issues, are more important than the survival of our species.

I don’t...

Although I also think it’s a hopeless cause at this point.
I do disagree and its not just me, I have not even heard the strongest worded advocates suggesting anything near as extreme as you are.

Every penny, from every person on the planet beyond sustenance given or taken to combat climate change. Wow.

Back